The Rumour Thread

I am not a Slaanesh fan , but I'll buy Sigvald, Glutous, battletomes and endless spells... and rest of the wave in a later time.
   Also, no Newborn model.
   What's more, I am really curious if there is a concept that AoS will get something like Combat Patrol boxes. If not now, with two new battletomes, maybe after 3.0 launches? Or maybe it's only 40k stuff for now.

• Like 2

@Mitzrael we have them, they are Warcry boxes. So far Daughters of Khaine are the first and only faction to have one with unique models for Warcry in the box outside of Slaves to Darkness. There are several factions which do have custom Warcry boxes, but they are with existing kits added together to give variety. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

God Teclis forgive my sins.

Why ask for forgiveness when the Dark Prince sees your sins as blessings?

I am still conflicted between: thinking this is the best looking army with the most compelling lore following my favourite of the Chaos Gods, and being worried about the problematic stereotypes perpetuated by the history of the faction.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

So excited about this BT. I´m sorry because last year I painted 3k of HoS, but... new models and rules are always good news!

Just think, now you can get and paint another 3K of totally fresh models and run a huge 6K Slaanesh force in an epic game! :)
Heck I'd be hsocked if GW doesn't do some kind of "apoc for AoS" style rules supplement at some stage. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just think, now you can get and paint another 3K of totally fresh models and run a huge 6K Slaanesh force in an epic game! :)
Heck I'd be hsocked if GW doesn't do some kind of "apoc for AoS" style rules supplement at some stage. 

Yes!!! That´s true. The only problem Is that I have another 3k HoS models unpainted yet... hahaha But this new mortals are a good opportunity for painting the last daemons too!

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

Good Behemat...imagine the size of the Stomps!! 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I've said it a lot, but I really love the new Slaanesh stuff, and especially that a lot of people who wouldn't normally be into Slaanesh have found the new stuff great :) I'm definitely biased, but I think this is one of the best releases they've done in a while (if not ever :P; everything looks so good - the only '''controversy''' is the faces of the twin souls, and they're very easily fixed with a helmet (that also comes with the kit). It doesn't feel like anything is missing from the roster now - not that they could never get more, but rather it's not like Fyreslayers were it feels like there are holes in the army. 

Even if you don't have or want a Slaanesh army, it's still good news as it shows that GW is willing to support released ranges in ways people have been hoping for. I think beforehand there was a feeling that, once you have gotten your release, you were done besides a few odd bits here and there for years, but this release shows that GW are willing to expand a range in ways that fans ask for. Hopefully that means there's more chance for Seraphon resculpts, Cities of Sigmar models, expanded AoS 0 armies, and whatever other expansions people are hoping for. 

• Like 9

With the entire new Slaanesh range and DoK releasing at once we will get a good idea if GW is really playing catch-up with any success by the gap between now and Lumineths wave 2/BR Teclis. I think it is possible it will come around as quickly as the end of March.

59 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Mitzrael we have them, they are Warcry boxes. So far Daughters of Khaine are the first and only faction to have one with unique models for Warcry in the box outside of Slaves to Darkness. There are several factions which do have custom Warcry boxes, but they are with existing kits added together to give variety. 

I'm not sure the Warcry boxes are really comparable to the new combat patrol boxes. Combat patrol boxes contain enough units for play a 500pt game of 40k, the warcry boxes are for warcry and not really a legal AoS force on their own. If AoS were to get an equivalent type of box it would enough to play a small game of AoS with just its contents. Plus the combat patrol boxes are more expensive than a start collecting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I've said it a lot, but I really love the new Slaanesh stuff, and especially that a lot of people who wouldn't normally be into Slaanesh have found the new stuff great :) I'm definitely biased, but I think this is one of the best releases they've done in a while (if not ever :P; everything looks so good - the only '''controversy''' is the faces of the twin souls, and they're very easily fixed with a helmet (that also comes with the kit). It doesn't feel like anything is missing from the roster now - not that they could never get more, but rather it's not like Fyreslayers were it feels like there are holes in the army. 

Even if you don't have or want a Slaanesh army, it's still good news as it shows that GW is willing to support released ranges in ways people have been hoping for. I think beforehand there was a feeling that, once you have gotten your release, you were done besides a few odd bits here and there for years, but this release shows that GW are willing to expand a range in ways that fans ask for. Hopefully that means there's more chance for Seraphon resculpts, Cities of Sigmar models, expanded AoS 0 armies, and whatever other expansions people are hoping for. 

Even with my fence sitting this is the most exciting release for me since I have returned to the hobby including Slaves to Darkness. From the amazing reimagining of the range, demonically mutated mortals and the use of archers in a Chaos faction, this is literally everything I wanted in the range and more. Simply even the existence and release of Slaangor make the promise of future God Specific beasts and their possible representation in 40k an exciting possibility. 

I am a fairly weak person and this release is nearly impossible to resist. Good thing I am broke. 🙂 😐  ☹️  🙃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

I didn’t want to buy slaneesh but man, those archers, those myrmidesh, SIGVALD.

I hear you!

I have no interest in the faction, but I'm planning on picking up a couple units of the Myrmidesh, and I might get Sigvald if the horns can be removed without making the model look too awkward. The whole range is just fantastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am still conflicted between: thinking this is the best looking army with the most compelling lore following my favourite of the Chaos Gods, and being worried about the problematic stereotypes perpetuated by the history of the faction.

Too many damn elfes, not enough gyrocopters....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Fun ponderings - I wonder if Sigvald as he is now is part based on the Devil from the film Legend 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbknz3pcfPQ

Which means perhaps we might see unicorns and a "vampire" with a huge raised neck ruff cloth like the princess in the film. 

Tim Curry is now the canon voice of Sigvald in my mind. 

• Like 2

I may have missed the post, but if no one caught it yet, one of the blissbarb archers in the Sunday preview is holding the brazier full of body parts that was an earlier rumor picture from last year.  The one that looked like a cauldron of bits that we were speculating was soulblight  or flesh heater courts 

• Like 1

One thing I'm wondering is what the sprues for the Seekers look like. It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the riders might not share too many parts, which might allow you to kitbash both builds using old steeds from spare daemonette seekers or hellstriders. I kinda doubt that this will be possible, but it would be an interesting value option to explore if you're on a budget.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1