The Rumour Thread

Just now, Nezzhil said:

They didn't post one page. If I don't remember bad the list are three pages.

Oh yeah, I recall someone mentioning that. You're right, if you check the table of contents on the GW website fighter cards (I don't play warcry, I assume it's the unit page) start on page 49 and daemons start on page 52

Darn it GW is teasing us now for certain. 

That said I'm darn pleased to see some ranged options for Slaanesh - proper ranged not just the one hero with a harp (which is a really cool model). I'll be interested to see how they've done the seekers - if they've kept the same design or such. Some potentially lighter biuld riders would be nice or even - shock horror - some new skeekers that are a little chunkier 

This also rather nicely distinguishes the Sybarites from the Bloodbound/Rotbringers/Arcanites. There's some one-to-one comparison but for unique units we're broadly looking at

• Khorne: marauders, warriors, elite warriors, weird elite warriors, super-heavy cavalry, monster, big monster
  • Nurgle: elite warriors, super-heavy flying cavalry
  • Tzeentch: marauders, beastmen, elite beastmen, elite beastmen flying cavalry, elite beastmen archer flying cavalry, big monster
  • Slaanesh: archers, elite warriors, weird elite warriors, elite beastmen, cavalry, heavy (?) cavalry, heavy (?) archer cavalry

And this is putting aside heroes. I like the lack of symmetry, even when fitted to generalised boxes like this, they're more than just their StD equivalents with different marks.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Haha, yeah, fair play on using the exact same photos I guess. 

HOWEVER. Note under the lore for Blissbarb Seekers that is specifically mentions that they're mounted on an Exalted Steed of Slaanesh. That sounds to me like the good old fashioned boobworm or something like it.

4baec49bc858a975fda2e4b18be4ea76.jpg

Nah, the miniature is seen in the leaks. It is a normal slaanesh steed more stylished.

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Nah, the miniature is seen in the leaks. It is a normal slaanesh steed more stylished.

Is there another photo leaked? The image of the silver-armoured dudes on dark red steeds are the regular old Helstriders on their regular old Steeds of Slaanesh. 

We can get a glimpse of manes or neck ruffles in the little circle portraits but you can't tell what they're riding. They're the ones that are supposed to be atop Exalted Steeds of Slaanesh.

Edited by sandlemad

30 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Nurgle: elite warriors, super-heavy flying cavalry

I always have to remind myself Poxwalkers are 40K only, would have been so easy to make them work for both games too, they'd only have had to remove 1 or 2 small details on each one (if that) and would have been great to include

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Is there another photo leaked? The image of the silver-armoured dudes on dark red steeds are the regular old Helstriders on their regular old Steeds of Slaanesh. 

We can get a glimpse of manes or neck ruffles in the little circle portraits but you can't tell what they're riding. They're the ones that are supposed to be atop Exalted Steeds of Slaanesh.

You are true. Sorry, I apologise for the confusion I have had in my previous post.

Just a note as this is a pretty big addition to the Slaanesh forces the "more" might be GW phrasing that to mean more in a sense of a full rework of the models we already have - ergo a new battletome. Which even though the last one isn't that old, I'd not begrudge GW releasing considering how many new models they are adding to the army through this. 

• Like 1