The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

That’s the funny part about it all, in some ways it’s better not to have them - because everyone can imagine that they’ll release exactly their dream army. 

The time between the “Pointy Aelves” video and the time they released the first video of the Lumineth was probably the most fun time I had on this forum. Everyone was just happily speculating away about their new dream High Elves. So much excitement. And then we lost 20%, and another bunch turning really negative. And then ... we got the Alarith ... 

It’s still better of course to get an army that you want, but you have to be lucky like KingBrodd and me that you actually like the outcome. I hope they’ll do something with traditional dwarfs that must of you actually like. 

I think this is the funny thing about this hobby in general. The most fun army is the one that doesn't exist... yet.

I love the idea of sky grots as an army of mercenary pirates with tri-corner hats, cutlasses  and blunderbusses. They may have that aesthetic or not... they may be released... or not. But it is fun to imagine.

I really want Choas Dwarves but I can't decide if I want them to be Mesopotamian dwarves with hobgoblin and centaurs or as a part of the Slaves to Darkness army bringing in some much needed artillery. As a Slaves to Darkness player obviously the latter but as a Duardin fan the former... but it is exciting to speculate on both and it will be sad to not be able speculate to anymore. I feel they wont be either and what we end up with will be amazing but I will still be sad that it isn't what I have been hoping for. 

You Lumineth folk are lucky as you can keep speculating and hoping for Tyrion's sword wielding river elves with horse hats (my personal hope for his soliders).

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I really want Choas Dwarves but I can't decide if

In the Sons of Behemat book there is a story about how some Gargants find the remains of Gargants with chaos markings on their bones, encased in black armour made by the Chaos Dwarves. 

Just to add to your wishlist ;) 
Chaos Dwarf Mega Gargants

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

17 minutes ago, Kramer said:

In the Sons of Behemat book there is a story about how some Gargants find the remains of Gargants with chaos markings on their bones, encased in black armour made by the Chaos Dwarves. 

they did mention Zharr Vyxa again in that same story, probably just GW build up lore tidbits for anything they want to do in the future

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

That’s the funny part about it all, in some ways it’s better not to have them - because everyone can imagine that they’ll release exactly their dream army. 

The time between the “Pointy Aelves” video and the time they released the first video of the Lumineth was probably the most fun time I had on this forum. Everyone was just happily speculating away about their new dream High Elves. So much excitement. And then we lost 20%, and another bunch turning really negative. And then ... we got the Alarith ... 

It’s still better of course to get an army that you want, but you have to be lucky like KingBrodd and me that you actually like the outcome. I hope they’ll do something with traditional dwarfs that must of you actually like. 

Yeah it can be hit and miss- I really wanted to like the fyreslayers but they just aren't my thing. I remember reading a rumoured description of "Steamhead dwarfs" with guns, dwarfs floating on single balloons and airships and they sounded terrible.. and then I saw them and just thought they were awesome! I'm a little concerned about Kurnothi arriving and me not loving them- but the underworlds war band again surprised me how much I liked them and I'm hopeful a possible fuller range would be ace. 

I think thats the great thing about AoS is that GW have brought out things we weren't necessarily expecting and some of them are stunning and surprising, I'm very keen to see what they do next with the dwarf type - hoping for something around armourers/smiths and I'd love to see an AoS Bugman ranger force.. Not a fan of Chaos but wouldn't begrudge them getting an AoS treatment at all...

But gimme my wild centaur/satyr elves.. love the Narnian vibe!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

31 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I'm very keen to see what they do next with the dwarf type - hoping for something around armourers/smiths and I'd love to see an AoS Bugman ranger force.. Not a fan of Chaos but wouldn't begrudge them getti

Im still hoping that they’ll be the earth faction. We have water elf’s, fire dwarfs, air ships. I would love to see what they could do with that. 
my take would be they are slow, heavy armoured, short range but very powerful shooting. As these are the tunnelfighters that are reclaiming ancient Karak’s. 
Give it a bit of runic feel. Instead of a magic weapon table combine two runes. Little bit of a throwback like they’ve done very well with lumineth.

and then to give it an unique playstyle and compensate the slow movement en short range. Allow them to ‘collapse’ a part of the battlefield each turn. Just a small stretch that becomes impassable. So the dwarf player can hinder movement and creat firing lanes. But most opponent will be faster. So you get a nice dynamic of trying to move the opponent. Maybe even collapse terrain. 

played a narrative scenario of my own design once where the defending player could do that to defend against an endless skaven horde. Trying to live through the night (5 or 6 turns) . It was really fun and thematic. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Im still hoping that they’ll be the earth faction. We have water elf’s, fire dwarfs, air ships. I would love to see what they could do with that. 
my take would be they are slow, heavy armoured, short range but very powerful shooting. As these are the tunnelfighters that are reclaiming ancient Karak’s. 
Give it a bit of runic feel. Instead of a magic weapon table combine two runes. Little bit of a throwback like they’ve done very well with lumineth.

and then to give it an unique playstyle and compensate the slow movement en short range. Allow them to ‘collapse’ a part of the battlefield each turn. Just a small stretch that becomes impassable. So the dwarf player can hinder movement and creat firing lanes. But most opponent will be faster. So you get a nice dynamic of trying to move the opponent. Maybe even collapse terrain. 

played a narrative scenario of my own design once where the defending player could do that to defend against an endless skaven horde. Trying to live through the night (5 or 6 turns) . It was really fun and thematic. 

Another option is Ghyran dwarves, tied to the earth as roots are on trees. Wearing armour of giant nutshells and treebark.

• LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

You have completely destroyed my thesis because that is infinitely better than what I had hoped for. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, silverstu said:

Yeah it can be hit and miss- I really wanted to like the fyreslayers but they just aren't my thing. I remember reading a rumoured description of "Steamhead dwarfs" with guns, dwarfs floating on single balloons and airships and they sounded terrible.. and then I saw them and just thought they were awesome! I'm a little concerned about Kurnothi arriving and me not loving them- but the underworlds war band again surprised me how much I liked them and I'm hopeful a possible fuller range would be ace. 

I think thats the great thing about AoS is that GW have brought out things we weren't necessarily expecting and some of them are stunning and surprising, I'm very keen to see what they do next with the dwarf type - hoping for something around armourers/smiths and I'd love to see an AoS Bugman ranger force.. Not a fan of Chaos but wouldn't begrudge them getting an AoS treatment at all...

But gimme my wild centaur/satyr elves.. love the Narnian vibe!

Oh yeah, I was just lucky, by chance they made pretty much exactly what I wanted (not that I was expecting bulls, but I really dig those too). If they’d made Diablo like angels out of them, which would have been a perfectly fine way to do it, and, what many people wanted, I’d probably have given them a pass.

Great that you liked the KO and Kurnothi, I had the same feeling about Steampunk dwarfs, but also think the result is awesome. 

The surprising part is one thing that I like about the Alarith. I can understand why they are controversial, but it’s one reason why I begann to love AoS, all these new, fantastic factions. 

I’m sure we’ll see an interesting take on Grungni dwarfs at some point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

I absolutely love this idea mate. Truly. I imagine them to be similar to Middle-Earth SBG Dwarves, heavily armoured with broad shields and pikes and spears along with axes. Would be a similar twist into how the Lumineth are Aelves with Hammers as the Duardin would wield Spears.

Is there any precedence for FW stuff moving accross into the main GW line?

Chaos Dwarfs seem like they could really add something both to the duardin and to Chaos. They have some really cool fundamentals and with some proper AoS spice could be a great addition to the game.

Its also just a bit wierd them being off in the semi supported purgatory of FW right now. 

I dont like dwarves and I'm almost certainly not going to look twice at a revamped Legion of Azgorh but it would be cool to see nonetheless.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Is there any precedence for FW stuff moving accross into the main GW line?

Yes, but its totally random and mostly 40K stuff. Things like the new greater demons (shared with AoS); the Baneblade, Hive Tyrant with wings - these are all things that have moved from FW to the main studio.

That said there's a lot that never will and even FW itself is very iffy as to what's happening. AoS is even worse than 40K in that respect since the main studio seems to almost forget the AoS FW stuff exists. A few months back GW Community did an article on Exalted Demons and didn't advertise any of the FW models for them; meanwhile Gloomspite got advertised with their FW models, yet a good slew of other models never get mentioned. At the start of 2020 FW also cut quite a number of very good sculpts from their AoS line (warpfire dragon; magma dragon; wolf rats; etc...). Models that perhaps weren't selling well, but through likely no fault of the sculpt, but a lack of rules support (GW main studio does these now) and lack of proper advertising/marketing. 

FW also seems very understaffed and under supported and very erratic right now. I think there's internal finance and political elements that mean it gets allocated resources one month then either reallocated or stripped out another. Resulting in ideas that get to marketing level and then get dropped/forgotten/put to the side. Eg they did start an AoS team, they made a few stormcast alternate heads and then the team was disbanded. So for most of AoS's lifespan so far FW hasn't really produced anything. Ther's the Chaos Dragon that is very high priced and was more delayed and made for End Times; there's the Stormcast heads and I think that's about it since AoS started. Which is really odd when you consider that AoS began as a boutique model line (what FW is). 

• Like 1

I see a raven/bird in the left hand side; what looks like a sign with candles sticking out of the top and a twisted body. It looks like it could be a tree of some kind so perhaps sylvaneth; the background elements also look gnarled and tree-like. Undead tree zombies?

It could also be nurgle stuff, Nurgle has been infesting the forests for a long time and has a love addiction to the Everqueen. So this could be some Chaos-tree-people.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

I see a raven/bird in the left hand side; what looks like a sign with candles sticking out of the top and a twisted body. It looks like it could be a tree of some kind so perhaps sylvaneth; the background elements also look gnarled and tree-like. Undead tree zombies?

Yes it does look like a raven actually, corrupted sylvaneth?.....is that a nurgling on top?