The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I really hope your predictions are true!! 

My predictions is:

Next Sunday they will show Warcry Catacombs and if they show the SoB the next week after, then the release date will two Saturdays after that date. Exactly the Saturday 10-Oct, the release day of the audiobook. ;)

Edited by Nezzhil
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

My predictions is:

Next Sunday they will show Warcry Catacombs and if they show the SoB the next week after, then the release date will two Saturdays after that date. Exactly the Saturday 10-Oct, the release day of the audiobook. ;)

You mean Warcry release the 3rd of October? Seems too close to have 2 sparse weeks of AoS in a month predicted to be 40k rich.

Considering the one model/one book of Gargants I reckon Warcry could share the same week (10th of October). Unless for some reason they do some repacking considering only Nighthaunt box is left on UK store, that I believe unlikely. In that case would be more towards the end of October.

My predictions is marines on pre order the 26th, possibly 2 weeks. 

Sons pre order on the 10th

Necrons pre order on the 17th, again possible 2 weeks. 

Warcry pre order the 31st

Leaves Nov/Dec for blood and shadow, broken realms, blood bowl, 4 new codexs, underworld season 4 and Xmas stuff. 

• Like 1

Sorry if it was already discussed but did you pay attention that in an article on Warhammer Community about aelves they mentioned about Kurnothi and aelves that want to follow Archaon? As for the Kurnothi I really would love (my most anticipated army) to get a full army of them but then the warband from the beastgrave ended up in Sylvaneth forces. Are there some kind of chaos aelves under way out is this just about Malerion? Also a few weeks back there was a similar article about Aelven gods with a mention of Tyrion. Do you thing he's getting his own race or will he be a part of Lumineth expansion in years to come.

There's at least one aelf in the Warcry warbands. Plus once you reach Chaos Knight/Warrior status then there's little of your original body left so you could have been elf, human or even dwarf before the chaos filled and corrupted you into a new form to serve their desires. 

I think its just that aelves tend to be harder to corrupt and fewer in number in general compared to humans which results in Chaos forces having an overabundance of humans compared to other races. At least in model form. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Overread said:

There's at least one aelf in the Warcry warbands. Plus once you reach Chaos Knight/Warrior status then there's little of your original body left so you could have been elf, human or even dwarf before the chaos filled and corrupted you into a new form to serve their desires. 

I think its just that aelves tend to be harder to corrupt and fewer in number in general compared to humans which results in Chaos forces having an overabundance of humans compared to other races. At least in model form. 

I honestly can't help but imagine my chaos warriors being made up of various species of fantasy beings.  I often use them in D&D to basically stand in for heavily armoured characters of any species and they typically function as villains (I let my players choose whatever minis they want to use for their characters). I still imagine them recruiting elves, orcs, dwarves and any other species willing to convert to their cause. I know that might not be lore friendly but it is just how I imagine my army under their helmets.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I honestly can't help but imagine my chaos warriors being made up of various species of fantasy beings.  I often use them in D&D to basically stand in for heavily armoured characters of any species and they typically function as villains (I let my players choose whatever minis they want to use for their characters). I still imagine them recruiting elves, orcs, dwarves and any other species willing to convert to their cause. I know that might not be lore friendly but it is just how I imagine my army under their helmets.

And slightly off topic why can’t we have undead alves? 😂 

The Glaivewraith being remade as horses was an epic fail instead of being skaven ghosts...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Sorry for the late info but I only just found it - 6 hours to go!

Two bundle deals which offer up a bunch of Warhammer 1st edition RPG. This is the classic stuff form way way way back in the olden days. Worth it if you like RPG works and want to dabble in the Old World from before a time of Sigmar. 

https://www.cubicle7games.com/amazing-wfrp-1st-ed-bundle-offers-2/

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/2020WFRP1E

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

Sorry for the late info but I only just found it - 6 hours to go!

Two bundle deals which offer up a bunch of Warhammer 1st edition RPG. This is the classic stuff form way way way back in the olden days. Worth it if you like RPG works and want to dabble in the Old World from before a time of Sigmar. 

https://www.cubicle7games.com/amazing-wfrp-1st-ed-bundle-offers-2/

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/2020WFRP1E

Whoa. DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS. It's the old world at its absolute grimiest, the ur-source* for a lot of WHFB background with the caveat that even at the time it was miles more 'low fantasy' than the wargame. Less infantry blocks and wizards, more rat-catchers, petty thugs, sewers, mutants, grubby conspiracies, and the occasional small but vicious dog. All these things were even lower and grimier than they'd be in WFRP second edition.

As I understand it the early writers are very highly regarded both for this and their D&D work among the grognards who make it their business to know such things, and The Enemy Within campaign - is considered one of the most groundbreaking campaigns ever.

Also the children's hospital in Crumlin is a good cause, so there's that.

* I say ur-source in the full knowledge that it was a weird mashup of Moorcock, Lovecraft, D&D, 2000AD and a healthy dollop of 80's midlands punk irritability.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

5EB587AB-46C9-47E0-862E-098D6AB0FC57.jpe

Back to this Rumour Engine, could this be a Mawtribes Warcry Warband?

i think it looks a little too detailed to be a warcry warband (and for Direchaism)

It could  be Warcry monster but my guess would be a new hero coming out in one of the Broken realm series.

49 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

And slightly off topic why can’t we have undead alves? 😂 

The Glaivewraith being remade as horses was an epic fail instead of being skaven ghosts...

I keep trying to explain to my friend why he should build a City of Sigmar army and paint it ethereal to have an army that he can run it as either Cities or Nighthaunt. He is very intrigued by the prospect of ghost Dwarves/Duardin. 😇

Maybe I should do it myself... 🤔

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

i think it looks a little too detailed to be a warcry warband (and for Direchaism)

It could  be Warcry monster but my guess would be a new hero coming out in one of the Broken realm series.

Hadnt thought of this, great idea!!

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, It could be a new miniature that it will be released with a Broken Realms book as it happened with PA this year.

A new Ogor Character would be awesome!! Or Maneater.

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

I would guess it's a part for SoB or maybe an overtyrant gut plate. For a Mawtribes Warcry Warband I hope we get plastic maneaters.

Plastic Maneaters would be incredible, especially if they were Realm Themed. I also wont be suprised at all to find it an extra part for the Mega Gargant kit.

• Like 1

That plate fits the Beastclaw Raider aesthetic exactly - to the point that I had to double-check it wasn't one of the existing Stonehorn/Thundertusk shoulder plates.

I'll concede that it's almost certainly a Behemat thing, but in my heart I dare to dream of new Raider models.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Sorry if it was already discussed but did you pay attention that in an article on Warhammer Community about aelves they mentioned about Kurnothi and aelves that want to follow Archaon? As for the Kurnothi I really would love (my most anticipated army) to get a full army of them but then the warband from the beastgrave ended up in Sylvaneth forces. Are there some kind of chaos aelves under way out is this just about Malerion? Also a few weeks back there was a similar article about Aelven gods with a mention of Tyrion. Do you thing he's getting his own race or will he be a part of Lumineth expansion in years to come.

The Chaos Aelf is most likely a reference to the models that Overread mentioned. I think in the Wrath of the Everchosen or the Slaanesh book there was also a reference to a few of the aelves guarding Slaanesh being corrupted. So there are a few of these aelves. I don't think Malerion is influenced by Chaos, but who knows. 

Tyrion should be part of the Lumineth. The army we are seeing right now is lore-wise organized according to his degree. It's as much Tyrion's army as it is Teclis'. The sub-factions (Great Nations) are all from the Teclian side, but the units are shared among them. GW set the BT up so that they could add pretty easily in several ways. They could just add his model with let's say a heavy cavalry and a genuine melee hero unit, because all the standard units are also his anyway. Or they could go with a full Tyrionic side with another 4 subfactions, a new temple etc., in the same way as Teclis in a new Lumineth BT. Or anything in between. 

going by the number of mentions they get in the battletom I always assumed that at some point they'd do a dual kit Overtyrant / Frost King.

then again also going by the way its was so prominently called out in the Mawtribes battletome I spent about 10 minutes on my first read trying to find the, as it turns out non-existent, mixed Ogor Mournfang/Orruk Gore-Grunta "Beast Hammer" battalion, so what do I know.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1