The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

I wonder since GW have mentioned the Lore of Ice magic, if there has been a reference in AoS to a Realm of Ice?

It would be an interesting idea to introduce a new realm to AoS.

The Lore of Ice wasn't one of the 8 Wind of magics, more like Elemental energy (perhaps related to one of the Eight), so that's not very likely. 

BUT if this theme interests you in AOS, I recommend you check that Realmgate Wars novel set in Ghur, the Realm Of Beasts, were some Ice tribes exists.............. ;) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I have some old metal Kislev units, i was planning on converting them into realm of Ghur hunters for Izalend but now i'll likely sell them to get these as their ice magic aesthetic fits the Mortal Realms better. (Though i'll wait to get a model size confirmation. I don't need lady midgets in a Ghurian Freeguild army xD)

Surprised this got shown off before the reveals though, since concept art is so big at Adepticon this was probably gonna be a big reveal but got downgraded to news filler.

Oh well, big Lumineth and Sons of Behemet reveals instead then. :D

I'm also hoping for a new campaign book. So much has happened between Gordrakk's and Kataros' stories that I think they should release another one this year for everything going on in the realms, especially at Excelsis.

If we get a full Son's reveal I'll lose my mind.

• Like 2

Yeah, i'd flip for it but the most I'm expecting is the battletome cover and maybe some bigger teases to what is coming.

Just now, xking said:

There are sub-realms,  So maybe one exist in the void between the bigger realms.

That'd be a great idea to go about it like the Geminid twilight realm between Hysh and Ulgu. An ice realm existing between Ghyran/Ghur and Shyish so you have an frosted world of frozen carrion eaters and ferocious beasts that thrive in the endless tundras would be great for fierce tribes to build kingdoms in and conquer both the mighty beasts and cold horrors.

A sub-realm connecting to the realm of heaven would also be grand as being in the cold aether gives more wondrous possibilities as Josh described.

"What wonders do you imagine a person can see in the realm of heavens?

"Snowcapped mountain peaks that scrape the Firmament. Auroras which dance eternally across the horizon, no matter where you stand. Bridges of starlight, stretching across icy chasms which contain the last remnants of frozen civilisations. The ruined citadels of the Star-Dukes, shattered when Sigmar ascended to mastery of Azyr, and left to float in the emptiness between Azyrheim and Sigmaron. Ancient megalofins swimming through the blue-black void above the highest mountains. The Hoarfrost Plains, which shimmer blindingly in the dawn's light. The Moonfall Karaks, where the Warden Kings of Azyr forge the great Engines of Reclamation that the Dispossessed will use to reclaim their ancient holds. That kind of thing."

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

The Lore of Ice wasn't one of the 8 Wind of magics, more like Elemental energy (perhaps related to one of the Eight), so that's not very likely. 

BUT if this theme interests you in AOS, I recommend you check that Realmgate Wars novel set in Ghur, the Realm Of Beasts, were some Ice tribes exists.............. ;) 

100% agreed! There's some great stuff in the Realmgate wars for this. Even in the Warstorm novel too where the Stormcasts encounter rime-covered mountains and harsh snows even in the fiery realm of Aqshy as they're assailed by both cold weather and blistering hot winds.

• Like 2

Total war III is coming before the Old world right? Let’s hope they inspire each other as the videogame is a master piece. I just wish someone would do a Witcher kind of game in AoS...

The bases article today was lacklustre to be nice, usually I don’t mind but this was a bit underwhelming. If it was mixed with a better description of geography ok, but thrown this way it was really meh...

Anyway it’s 4 days and 18 hours to the first preview! I really hope for the new campaign direction, be Gordrakk doing his stuff or whatever comes next but more importantly how they plan to release new models before AoS 3.0. New small updates with few models and a mini codex Psychic awakening style? Or new Battletomes for AoS 1.9 factions? Or just new armies from here to the infinite and beyond? 😂 

• Like 1

They said the 28th will have some major news so I don't see why not. At the very least they'll likely show off the Lumineth Mountain sub-faction since they've teased it so heavily and have some teases that still need revealing like the beautiful aelven veil one.

Just now, alghero81 said:

Total war III is coming before the Old world right?

Yeah, since the trilogy ends in 2022 with the license expiring, TWW3 will have to be next year where as OW is launching somewhere in 2023 or 2024(with how bad the virus is setting things back I wouldn't be surprised at the latter).

Though there's also a IP hurdle there. No telling if the license CA has will let them use stuff in another game even if they're both in the World-that-was.

Just now, alghero81 said:

I just wish someone would do a Witcher kind of game in AoS...

Haha, preaching to a very devout choir. xD

Any rpg game from Witcher to Dark Souls or even other stuff like a Monster Hunter set in Ghur or a Stormcast Vanguard title that plays like Darksiders would be extremely welcome to adventure in the Mortal Realms with. :D

• Like 1

Just a note the UK just put some stricter rules in place - so all the GW stores will be closed. Furthermore this could start to impact GW directly too as they are not an essential company. Tabletop Combat has already closed their factory and office doors for the duration and won't be doing any further work. Postal services might also be affected as whilst post offices might remain open; many are often located within shops and other retail outlets that might be forced to close. 

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just a note the UK just put some stricter rules in place - so all the GW stores will be closed. Furthermore this could start to impact GW directly too as they are not an essential company. Tabletop Combat has already closed their factory and office doors for the duration and won't be doing any further work. Postal services might also be affected as whilst post offices might remain open; many are often located within shops and other retail outlets that might be forced to close. 

Guaranteed that GW and its factories will close. Very understandable and for the better. Selfishly I wonder if we will still have the Previews though. 

Not sure about companies closing yet - Government hasn't actually said companies have to shut, only that travel should be only if you have too and can't work from home. Ergo essential travel. They've only forced the closure of retail outlets. Basically stop the public moving and mingling. GW might manage to retain operation for longer, along with a lot of other factory sites. AT present TTC closing is their own choice, though its in-line with general advice about non-essential services. 

That said I think that we move continually closer to when non-essential companies/factories will be closed down - which will shut down GW for certain. 

Yeah at the moment the factories can keep going - they can't manufacture for home! The social media stuff and probably some of the design work could be done a work form home if resourced properly. The post is an essential service so will keep going. Bricks and mortar stores will be hit as this stage.. might change moving forward..

23 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah at the moment the factories can keep going - they can't manufacture for home! The social media stuff and probably some of the design work could be done a work form home if resourced properly. 

Without considering most preview videos may have already been filmed and edited and are ready to be run...

My guess is that we'll see the Lumineth this Saturday and the Sons on the next one.

On the wishing side, I think more WarCry monsters could be great.

I wonder if "...and stuff you never even knew you wanted" is referring to new equipment - an airbrush maybe?

Edited by Raviv

In response to official guidance announced today in both the UK and US, we will be temporarily closing globally all of our stores, headquarters, factory and warehouses with immediate effect. Where possible, our staff will continue to work from home. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, their families and our customers.

As the situation develops, we will provide an update on the possible impact of these necessary actions on the Group's performance for the year to 31 May 2020 and going forward.

Don't expect touching something new in the upcoming weeks.  I'm worrying about the GW reveals calendar: will they stick to it or will they dilute a bit the reveals so they can be sell the models later with the full reveal?... Back to the unopened  boxes for me (and unassembled/unpainted grey plastic) . I have so many things to do already.

44 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Don't expect touching something new in the upcoming weeks.  I'm worrying about the GW reveals calendar: will they stick to it or will they dilute a bit the reveals so they can be sell the models later with the full reveal?... Back to the unopened  boxes for me (and unassembled/unpainted grey plastic) . I have so many things to do already.

I'm wondering the same. I believe this weekend and next they may not reveal everything they had planned so as to not mess with their schedule. Lumineth were probably for a April release but I'm thinking that itll be more like June at this point. Same with the Sons, probably a June release themselves and not more likely August.

Did not expect them to close the factories and distribution - fair play to them. Think they will keep up the reveals.. maybe spread out a bit  because I think they want to support the community - and we all get excited about new stuff- so they could well show us some things - creates demand for when they reopen. Its also important for them to keep the community engaged. 

23 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I belive that GW HQ has already concidered the option of closing production and logistic due to corona even before Adepticon was canceled. Therefore I would assume them that the previews are planed nevertheless to happen.

Just hoping the Previews can still go ahead as no doubt they're pre taped and articles can be done from home. I'm 100% behind GW closing down, I cannot believe Sports Direct had the gall to call themselves essential.

• Like 1

Ah well, more important stuff going on now than revealing some Aelves. We’ll all, somehow, survive with what we’ve got to hand, I’m sure.

Now more importantly fingers crossed staff at head office, the warehouses and shops will get treated right & still get paid through all this.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Ah well, more important stuff going on now than revealing some Aelves. We’ll all, somehow, survive with what we’ve got to hand, I’m sure.

Now more importantly fingers crossed staff at head office, the warehouses and shops will get treated right & still get paid through all this.

I believe it's up to 80% of the wage in the UK can be paid. 

• Like 1