The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, mhsellwood said:

Sort of agree, sort of disagree. At the moment I actually feel that the older parts of the dispossessed range is a bit of low point - if the warriors and war machines disappeared and we got in return new high quality models that maintained the quality and aesthetic of the hammerers and irondrakes that would be a huge plus. However at the moment as you say they have not killed off anything to create a new faction so I don't know if I feel it is likely.

On the subject of all these new sources, a bit salty yes but on the other hand if they are coming in about two weeks...

Yeah, if they did fold the Dispossessed into the new faction (however unlikely) in a way that would let me keep everything I have in my current army except for the cannons, that would be okay with me. I would miss the synergies of playing with a Runelord and a Warden King, but I never bought the Warriors or the other older models anyway because of their quality. When it all comes down to it, I guess I'll be happy as long as I can have new models and still somehow play with Irondrakes and Longbeards in some sort of army. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I think it makes sense that they are going to take the best kits and include them in new AoS specific faction releases.

It will be interesting to see how they handle taking from factions with a bit of lore and matched play profiles (as opposed to the releases where they took from legacy factions pre-matched play).

There will certainly be a period of crossover. They might even leave it possible to play scrolls in one of two factions? Disposessed or steamhead, Light Aelves or Order Draconis/, Cthulhu Elfboys or Scourge Privateers etc.

Previously:

The ironjawz release did it for ardboyz (correct me if I'm wrong)

The Bonesplittaz release did it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Beastclaws took from Ogre Kingdoms (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think Black Orcs were a compendium unit before ironjawz (cmiiw)
Bonesplitters were bonesplitters even before the relaunch
I think you are right about Beastclaw (but weren't they compendium before? Dispossessed aren't compendium, that's what I'm getting at)

1 minute ago, Dawnmane said:

I think Black Orcs were a compendium unit before ironjawz (cmiiw)
Bonesplitters were bonesplitters even before the relaunch
I think you are right about Beastclaw (but weren't they compendium before? Dispossessed aren't compendium, that's what I'm getting at)

I think it will be interesting to see how they handle it if they take non-compendium and absorb it into a new faction.

I think this is easier if what we see released next is actually Battletome: Duardin. So they have dispossessed, steamhead, fyreslayers and MINERS (bring back miners!) They can all be together, they can be separate.

• Like 1

Just now, Turragor said:

I think it will be interesting to see how they handle it if they take non-compendium and absorb it into a new faction.

I think this is easier if what we see released next is actually Battletome: Duardin. So they have dispossessed, steamhead, fyreslayers and MINERS (bring back miners!) They can all be together, they can be separate.

I hope they only bring back miners if they do a new model for them. Battletome:Duardin would be amazing!

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

Yeah, if they did fold the Dispossessed into the new faction (however unlikely) in a way that would let me keep everything I have in my current army except for the cannons, that would be okay with me. I would miss the synergies of playing with a Runelord and a Warden King, but I never bought the Warriors or the other older models anyway because of their quality. When it all comes down to it, I guess I'll be happy as long as I can have new models and still somehow play with Irondrakes and Longbeards in some sort of army. 

To my eye the aesthetically weak models are the warriors, the war machines and the quarellers / thunderers. Like you I don't actually have any of these models due to this so no loss if removed, so if I can put the 8th ed range in a new updated faction happy days.

I am not believing for one second that the Warden King, Runesmith and even Dragon Slayer (Unforged) are going to be discontinued. Warden King is even a candidate to be changed from Dispossessed to Steamhead keyword IMO. 

I really think the best solution is to provide a Duardin battletome with three subfactions, the way they did with Tzeentch. That would allow not only to serve most of the high quality existing range, but also lots of tactical options. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turragor said:

I think it makes sense that they are going to take the best kits and include them in new AoS specific faction releases.

It will be interesting to see how they handle taking from factions with a bit of lore and matched play profiles (as opposed to the releases where they took from legacy factions pre-matched play).

There will certainly be a period of crossover. They might even leave it possible to play scrolls in one of two factions? Disposessed or steamhead, Light Aelves or Order Draconis/, Cthulhu Elfboys or Scourge Privateers etc.

Previously:

The ironjawz release did it for ardboyz (correct me if I'm wrong)

The Bonesplittaz release did it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Beastclaws took from Ogre Kingdoms (correct me if I'm wrong)

Wrong on Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz I think, I am less sure on Beastclaw (but think those where split of before the Battletome as well, but I do not have the GA:Destruction book).

The closest precedent I can think of is the inclusion of the individual Zombiedragon and Terrorgeist, who where exclusive to their own faction (Beasts of the Grave) previous to Battletome:Flesheater Courts. Those still exists in both factions in the App, with seperate Warscrolls, the main difference I can make out on the fly being the Beasts of the Grave Warscrolls lacking any faction keywords. It is hard to tell if this is a goof (the app has a few, such as the Gaunt Summoner on disk loosing his specific Warscroll).

A similar but different exists with the Chaos Spawn, that got Tzeentch specific War Scroll in Disciples of Tzeentch and even though it is still also given as a Slaves to Darkness unit in the App, had its Warscroll changed to Tzeentch specific one in the StD section of the App, with no word wether that is another goof or intentional as far as I have heard.

So, word on what happens with the old factions when units get shifted between factions is muddied at best (and also, the App needs to be updated with more care or needs its own FAQ, which would beat the purpose of a fluid living document gaming App).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Taking bets on whether or not this is the balloon for the 'jump infantry':

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/16/the-rumour-engine/

Reddit rumors developed a little further - the image is a zeppelin with the tail on the right side of the image.  The duardin on foot look like 'steam punk trench fighters'.

Not buying 1% of this. 

Wow...are there any tickets left for Adepticon?  (looks like no...******!)

If you go to the preview event, you’ll not only get to handle a host of new miniatures, (some of which won’t be out for almost a year) you’ll get to play some games with them. And not just any game, a brand new game. On top of that, we’ve even commissioned some special dice for attendees to keep as a momento. And, that’s not even all. You’ll also get to see some new game mechanics we’ve got in mind for existing games and give us your thoughts.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/03/adepticon-the-one-thing-you-dont-want-to-miss/

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Taking bets on whether or not this is the balloon for the 'jump infantry':

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/16/the-rumour-engine/

Reddit rumors developed a little further - the image is a zeppelin with the tail on the right side of the image.  The duardin on foot look like 'steam punk trench fighters'.

I'm going to go even more out of the way and go for it being a  big duardin piloted automaton thing- a dwarf dread knight thingy- steam powered of course.

I think it's 40K, it's rumored that the new edition would be out very soon...though I don't doubt there will be some AoS at the Previews. I have so much 40K stuff I kinda hope they make it playable again haha. Can't wait to see the leaks from that, though I want to see new Dwarfs! GASP what if they are making Squats again for 40K? 

• Like 1

This is the 40K part - it jives with the timeline for the new edition.  AoS isn't getting new mechanics.  Either way it is going to be a really exciting month!

You’ll also get to see some new game mechanics we’ve got in mind for existing games and give us your thoughts.

Yeah I doubt they will release anything anytime soon for Stormcasts, as they needed new Battletome to be in line with post GH battletomes so they added more minis and much needed repacking of old units. 

Now it's time for other armies it's all speculation but I think we may see : 

- Dwarfs - Spring

- Aelves Shadowkin and Tyrion's Elves along with Slaanesh - Summer

- and then some Death Battletome maybe along with Nurgle or some Destruction - Holiday. 

That would mean 6-7 Battletomes in 2017 which may be too much, but Death could be  moved into 2018

• Like 1