The Rumour Thread

Is it just me, or is it weird that I can view the stream even though I haven't subscribed to the twitch channel? 

Also, if they were going to spoil anything they would need to have resources already allocated (slides made up, models, etc). Hard to pull that off on the fly...*sturing the pot

Just now, Goodapollo4 said:

Is it just me, or is it weird that I can view the stream even though I haven't subscribed to the twitch channel? 

Also, if they were going to spoil anything they would need to have resources already allocated (slides made up, models, etc). Hard to pull that off on the fly...*sturing the pot

You can watch the stream, but you have to pay to see previous recordings and to comment.

14 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Oh! I didn't realize that I could watch for free, thought it was all behind a paywall. Cool! 

Yeah they were saying that at the start when it was introduced. It was incorrect and I'm pretty sure you're only one of many who never heard differently. 

7 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

For example, it might be that Tyrion, essentially, takes up the mantle of Khaine (not meaning him being Khaine, but fullfilling a comparable role) and in that case we may see the daughters of Khaine join him.

This is the exact thing that happened in the end times books. Then Malekith united all the elves to kill him because the sword of khaine had make him a lunatic.  For some unknown reason Teclis decided to bring him back from the dead before everyone gets sucked into a warp rift after curb stomping Archaeon.

GW could re-use the same story line but I doubt it.

similar.png

7 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

This isn't true.  Devoted of Sigmar have not had a release either.  They seemed like a likely expansion until the new Stormcast release dropped.  We are ultimately waiting on their expansion (which I think the new Stormcast book was a missed opportunity with them).

Ah, that is true. I had actually forgotten there was a human there at all. Definitely a possibility. But It seems the Devoted have been somewhat merged with the Order of Azyr, as they had fanatics in the City of Secrets. Freeguild are more heavily featured ATM.

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Aha! This is the inroad! 40K and AoS merge as the shattered Eldar leave the stars and settle in the Mortal Realms, led by T,T, & M.

Maybe?

Eh... no. Let's not ;)

1 hour ago, darkelf said:

This is the exact thing that happened in the end times books. Then Malekith united all the elves to kill him because the sword of khaine had make him a lunatic.  For some unknown reason Teclis decided to bring him back from the dead before everyone gets sucked into a warp rift after curb stomping Archaeon.

similar.png

That symbol has nothing to do with elves. That's the symbol of the horned rat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JudgeX83 said:

That symbol has nothing to do with elves. That's the symbol of the horned rat

Isent that a triangle or picture of the horned rats head?

Or is that symbol new? i cant remember seeing it anywhere else for the horned rat

2 hours ago, darkelf said:

similar.png

I am well aware of the storyline for the endtimes and thought of it when I wrote the text you quoted.

However, by taking up the mantle of Khaine, I did not mean becoming as Khaine or being possessed by him, but taking up the Role of Aelven War god and thus patronage of Witch Aelves. Note also that this was just an example, one of many possible scenarios, under which units from one part of the high/dark elf divide in WHFB could possibly be moved to the other side of the divide in AoS, to show such things are possible, provided old models are reintegrated with the new Factions.

As for that representation of the Chaos powers, there is a lot of room to speculate about that, though I do not see its relevance to the speculations at hand, but the source is outdated and seems based on an old draft of the setting, containing a lot of Lore on hidden areas of the Realms that has since stayed unconfirmed and a lot of Lore that has since been contradicted.

It may have a hint of future developements, but we simply do not have enough information to draw any half-way reliable conclusions from it.

The only real info that we have on the elves are the bits from the original Age of Sigmar Rulebook, a few mentions in certain campaign books, Pantheon, and what they got up to in the End Times. 

In Pantheon it is mentioned that: 

Spoiler

they have 3 thrones - White Marble for Tyrion, Silver for Teclis and Dark Stone for Malerion. Later on - the mage uses a silver cup to summon Teclis, after climbing a marble tower.  They mention that the mage walks in a 'world with five suns' and 'golden clouds' The only description of Teclis is that he is 'made from purest light' and his garb was 'outlandish'. The mage mentions that he is the god of 'wisdom' and 'arcane secrets'. 

From this - there are a few assumptions that can be made. Teclis will take the place of Lileath as god of the 'moon'. Tyrion will be a 'sun' god, while Malerion will be 'shadow' or 'darkness'. 

What I think would be cool - and this is pure wish-listing - is if the 'Light Elves' had a Norse/Werewolf theme. Since Teclis used the Flame of Ulric to help resurrect Tyrion - *and* Teclis could be the god of the moon it would fit brilliantly.  Parts of the realm of light could be extremely cold, yet extremely bright. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jaqques said:

The only real info that we have on the elves are the bits from the original Age of Sigmar Rulebook, a few mentions in certain campaign books, Pantheon, and what they got up to in the End Times. 

Reveal hidden contents

they have 3 thrones - White Marble for Tyrion, Silver for Teclis and Dark Stone for Malerion. Later on - the mage uses a silver cup to summon Teclis, after climbing a marble tower.  They mention that the mage walks in a 'world with five suns' and 'golden clouds' The only description of Teclis is that he is 'made from purest light' and his garb was 'outlandish'. The mage mentions that he is the god of 'wisdom' and 'arcane secrets'. 

From this - there are a few assumptions that can be made. Teclis will take the place of Lileath as god of the 'moon'. Tyrion will be a 'sun' god, while Malerion will be 'shadow' or 'darkness'. 

What I think would be cool - and this is pure wish-listing - is if the 'Light Elves' had a Norse/Werewolf theme. Since Teclis used the Flame of Ulric to help resurrect Tyrion - *and* Teclis could be the god of the moon it would fit brilliantly.  Parts of the realm of light could be extremely cold, yet extremely bright. 

my $$$ is ready for this

twu43y.jpg

28 minutes ago, Jaqques said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmm that makes a lot of sense on the god comparison. 

• Like 1

I feel like shadowkin aelves and slaneesh will get a side by side release but I am not sold that they will be allies. THe old story lends itself either way but I don't think GW will keep too much of the old story. I don't think they will pit the aelves against each other in difference factions.

10 hours ago, Jaqques said:

Hide contents

I am not so sure about Teclis=Moon considering the Crecent Moon themed designs on the Mistweaver Saih, who is propably on team Malerion.

9 hours ago, AAL said:

I feel like shadowkin aelves and slaneesh will get a side by side release but I am not sold that they will be allies. THe old story lends itself either way but I don't think GW will keep too much of the old story. I don't think they will pit the aelves against each other in difference factions.

I think the rumors where that Shadowkin and Slaanesh are both on the way as seperate forces, but there are also some Aelves among the Slaaneshi stuff.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 1

There's going to be a dwarven zeppelin, some new gunner dwarves, a character, and a unit of dwarves that are suspended by individual hot air balloons. They look pretty cool but my guy wouldn't let me take pics. I'm excited for everyone to see.

From reddit:

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

Uhm, how long are Twitch archives stored? I can't find any Warhammer TV broadcasts earlier than december, I though they were stored forever? Yes, I'm a subscriber.

Also, why does Twitch suck so much for archived content in general? No making your own playlists, no easy way to see what you've already watched, everything is just a jumbled mess...

Edited by Nevvermore

4 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Uhm, how long are Twitch archives stored? I can't find any Warhammer TV broadcasts earlier than december, I though they were stored forever? Yes, I'm a subscriber.

Also, why does Twitch suck so much for archived content in general? No making your own playlists, no easy way to see what you've already watched, everything is just a jumbled mess...

There was an older channel that is still out there, but I forget the name of it.