The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

What's this prediction based off of? What's an Astrolithic Skyshrine? 🤔

The Skyshrine is news to me, at least the name, however a friend send me this about a week ago so it seems to be true:

5assvSg.png

Edited by Panzer

7 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Astrolithic Skyshrine? Astroliths are Seraphon standards. Sounds like a new Seraphon book might be on its way.  

And from the Malign Portents background they're basically in space... That said, the fact that it qualifies the listing as "DOMINION OF SIGMAR ASTROLITHIC SKYSHRINE" rather than "SERAPHON TERRAIN"or similar makes me think it's a generic terrain release like the stuff that was released with Forbidden Power.

I'm a bit suspicious of this rumour. Wargames Factory ltd is a small American company that manufactures 28mm models. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargames_Factory

Which does not seem to have any link to GW.  A little googling suggests that they do seem to have factories in China, but do we know that they are actually the company GW outsources their Chinese production to? I'd always understood it as a Chinese factory, rahter than the factories of another Wargames company, although I have no actual information on that. It seems slightly odd that they would work with one of their smaller US competitors when outsourcing their production.

There's also the fact that GW is listed as "Games Workshop USA" after all, their central offices are in the UK, not the US. Shouldn't such a communique thus come from head office, and then the units be shipped out to the US? Its hard to get a sense of whehter the numbers seem reasonable for US side sales, but a lot about it just seems a little bit off to me?

15 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

It seems slightly odd that they would work with one of their smaller US competitors when outsourcing their production.

To be fair, Wargames Factory is hardly a competitor with GW. Their models are of substantially lower quality than GW and they mostly do historicals. Also, as far as I know, they were absorbed by Warlord a while ago. Maybe the still have a casting operation in China and GW outsources there?

• Like 1

It might well be that the factory is in China but is owned/managed/GW works through a second company. Sometimes behind the scenes it can be interesting to note how many products and companies actually work together or use the same manufacturing site; or share resources and such. It's often not all that heavily advertised nor marketed, it just happens in the deep background of things. 

Sometimes its done purely for tax and paperwork or importing purposes and is of benefit to both companies to pool resources to lower costs and such. Even if they are otherwise competing in similar markets or the very same market. 

From what I've heard from some Kickstarter companies, factories in China can be a bit of a minefield in terms of production and quality control*. So it would make sense that if one is found that does produce high volume at a high level of quality then it likely would get picked up and used by multiple companies and if one company got there first they could be the go-to point for others to network through with that factory. 

* I've also hear that the work culture of some  factories in China is such that if errors are detected, lower level employees are often discouraged from reporting them to senior management. Which can result in whole batches failing production standards, but not being found out until after its shipped. 

Well, today is quite a rumour day :D

I for my own heard that GW may reestablish the old German Headquarter again, which may be just some rumours put up by local players in hope of gaining something positive from brexit. I wouldn´t mine as the last german hq was an awesome store many still mourn about.

Also it seems like Sisters of Battle may come soon. Some Chinese Store has released their preorder on the upcoming box a bit early.

It is worth noticing that GW seems more generous with sprues in the last time as this box seems to have a layout like the Shadow Spear Box, which won´t contribute to the nex kits. This also explains why the new models shown for Sororitas are all Monopose.

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 1

Just now, zamerion said:

spikybits said November 8 is red date.

Maybe sisters.. or maybe new necromunda box.

8th is a Friday so that is a day early unless you mean the 9th is a red date. 

If Sisters are on the 9th November and Bonereapers are not this week then that would confirm a 2 week bonerepear prereleases on the 19th and 26th. One full release on the 26th then second wave on the 2nd November. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

8th is a Friday so that is a day early unless you mean the 9th is a red date. 

If Sisters are on the 9th November and Bonereapers are not this week then that would confirm a 2 week bonerepear prereleases on the 19th and 26th. One full release on the 26th then second wave on the 2nd November. 

we don't have to rely on spikibits either  XD

• Haha 2

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/06/coming-next-week-aeldari-psychic-awakening-and-more/

Shiny Eldar in the form of a new duel army box and a new - rather expensive - limited edition booklet coming alongside. 

The boxed set itself looks really nice, though I'm guessing a higher pricepoint than some  in the past based on teh content. Also its a unique box because through the Yinarri you can technically use both sides in the same army if you want. 

Edited by Overread

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Well, today is quite a rumour day :D

I for my own heard that GW may reestablish the old German Headquarter again, which may be just some rumours put up by local players in hope of gaining something positive from brexit. I wouldn´t mine as the last german hq was an awesome store many still mourn about.

these are my informations concering plans of a new HQ in Germany.

18 months ago, a forth Warhammer Store labeled "Warhammer Berlin - Alexanderplatz" opened up in Berlin. However the store is actually located 700 meter away from the Alexanderplatz. I do not know how long it takes from planing a store to actually opening it, but it turns out, that the original plans were to rent one or two floors of a huge building right next to the Alexanderplatz and turn it into a second Warhammer World.
For everyone who (unlike John F. Kennedy) isn't "ein Berliner", the Alexanderplatz is to Berlin what Times Square is to New York City. So you won't be as surprised as the people in charge, that renting several hundred of square meter of sales area is really, really expensive there. So they abandoned that idea and instead build a regular sized Warhammer Store close by.

Those infos are six months old, I obviously have no idea if GW have given up entirely on the idea or if a new HQ is in planning.

Edited by Thalandor

The rumors on Dakka Dakka is that 40k will get a new Psychic Awakening book every month for... a long while. Always a pairing of two armies that will most likely get a mini-codec (like the new Space Marine ones) with new units, new subfactions and updated rules. We also know that the Dual Army box format has been very successful, so it's not a stretch to expect that many (maybe all) books will come with a new  Dual Army box.

And this is relevant because you can expect the same kind of format for AoS once we'll have all the basic Battletomes. A semi-permanent campaign to update rules and older models little by little without having to rewrite a whole new Battletome. The campaign will keep the players engaged, people will buy the dual box for the new units and rules, and that's a great way to make every faction relevant again by focusing on smaller conflicts that are part of a larger story instead of trying to tie everyone to the main plot.

• Like 9

It's a smart move by GW and campaign linked expansions are a good way to tie expansions to the game lore and the marketing. Plus drip feeding models means that they can keep marketing on more armies within a single span of time. Of course we'll also likely get big army updates alongside. So every so often a new army or a big revamp to an army will happen as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, mojojojo101 said:

Do we know if the Jain Zar model is going to be available by itself?

It's a glorious model and I kinda want it just to paint / maybe to convert into something, maybe as a Slaughter Queen...

Right now it appears it will only be sold in the duel box for a period of time. How long is impossible to predict. GW will certainly sell it on its own at some stage, along with the other new models in the box. 

Note that you'll likely be able to get them on ebay. If you get them at or near launch on ebay they will be cheaper; if you wait until the stock of the duel box goes out of sale then the price will jump up on the new content (sometimes higher than what GW will retail them for)

The idea of monthly campaign books could be very cool. Just started looking into Pathfinder since it recently went into its 2nd Edition and Paizo has been releasing monthly Adventure Path campaign books for years. Obviously an RPG is a bit different from tabletop miniatures, but I'd definitely be all for more frequent story releases of some kind 

• Like 1

Nice to finally get a date for the Idoneth book, though David Guymer talking about it on Stormcast (He said he tried to wing it with the book like he does with Hamilcar and realized too late that it's a terrible idea for the type of story he was doing for Deepkin and had to beg Black Library for extra time to finish the book) didn't exactly inspire confidence.  Still hoping for the best, though.

The heavy Black Library focus on Neferata continues to be interesting given the current state of Vampires. I would normally be all over the novellas but recent experience has taught me to wait for the inevitable compilation books.

On a side note, didn't really care for Beastgrave as a novel. It wasn't awful, and I wasn't expecting it to be anything like Shadespire, but...eh. Also the focus on Dryads as protagonists felt weird given that they're not a thing in any of the Underworlds games.  Would much rather have learned more about the Kurnothi, or even the Revenant warband from Nightvault.