The Rumour Thread

But its not 6pm* yet! We don't have any fresh news/rumours!! Also we've probably tapped out the rumour monkey for a bit after the last Bonereaper reveal! They likely need to dig a fresh potato camera up after the last batch of photos (though thankfully it is the right time of year for potatoes). 

*GWs preview of preorders tends to appear sometime around then -ish its never that accurate. Fingers crossed for Battletomes or stuff! 

Probably nothing to note. I'm currently watching some WarhammerTV streams while painting and was watching the Ghur Realm focus vid. They were flicking through artwork pics and one of the Untamed Beasts popped up to talk about.

When the guy pops on screen, Phil says: "and here we have one of the Darkoath....yes Untamed Beasts my bad." 

Most probably is nothing but found the comment funny at least. I wonder if Untamed Beasts were originally supposed to be Darkoath.

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Probably nothing to note. I'm currently watching some WarhammerTV streams while painting and was watching the Ghur Realm focus vid. They were flicking through artwork pics and one of the Untamed Beasts popped up to talk about.

When the guy pops on screen, Phil says: "and here we have one of the Darkoath....yes Untamed Beasts my bad." 

Most probably is nothing but found the comment funny at least. I wonder if Untamed Beasts were originally supposed to be Darkoath.

Honestly I think they likely were. All they'd have to change is the weapons from bone to metal and they'd fit right into the Darkoath designs. It did surprise me that for all their popularity, GW chose not to give Darkoath a warband in the launch of Warcry. Then again I'm also surprise that we haven't had a second wave of booster cards for existing grand alliance armies nor that Slaves to Darkness wasn't set for a release of a Battletome around now etc.... 

I think it's more than just Untamed Beasts=Dark Oath.

Most of the Warcry Warbands fit the initial fluff for DarkOath. Having listened to a lot of Stormcast podcasts, they always describe them the same way-That Darkoath are barbarians who are tempted by Chaos without really understanding it, as opposed to the Warcry bands, who are Barbarians tempted by Chaos without really understanding the Chaos Gods.

It really is all the same concept, I guess the only question is if DarkOath were always meant to be a teaser for Warcry, or if they started out as an army/marauder replacement and developed into Warcry instead.

Mind, since the STD tome hasn't arrived yet, it's too early to say how the whole thing will shake out.

• Like 4

You joke but I think the next Destruction army can only be an insectoid army

Something new, maybe controlled by a hive Zerg style. Would be good to have heroes that control areas and all units outside take battle shock test every round even if they haven’t fought.

Anyway a couple of hours to see if we will be disappointed or not 

Edited by alghero81
  • Like 2

Now two Grand Alliances have completely unique armies with their own aesthetic, which isn't directly tied to Warhammer Fantasy or models from Warhammer Fantasy and which were especially created with AoS in mind.

Order: Kharadron Overlords, Idoneth Deepkin, Stormcast Eternals

Death: Ossiarch Bonereapers

Most of these armies do not use models from old Warhammer Fantasy. For example Ironjawz and Gloomspite Gitz might be unique, but also expand on models and themes which already existed in Warhammer Fantasy (Black Orcs, Squigs, Trolls)

Maybe Destruction and Chaos will also get a completely new AoS army in the future? With an own identity which isn't tied to the old world?

Edited by Infeston

8 minutes ago, Luke.w said:

That 40k stuff was announced a few weeks ago, the CoS and the warclans were announced 2 months ago and the only official update we have had is a bunch of Last Chance to Buy with no warning.

Actually GW did warn us when they announced Cities of Sigmar - at the very same time they said they were going to have last chances. What caught people by surprise were some of the choices (esp things like the high elf dragon) and the speed with which they ran out of stock. 

That said GW also announced yesterday in the Bonereapers update (as a reaction to the battletome leak) that the CoS and Orruks were both coming BEFORE Bonereapers. However Bonereapers are in October and could be the last week or two of that month. So any point from now until then is a potential week. 

Also whilst GW has confirmed how Underworlds will work they've still removed the models and unique model cards from sale. Hopefully they are just repacking with only model cards and no uniques otherwise it will be a bit of a sore point if people have to use cardboard printouts because they didn't start underworlds early. 

Lets not forget we've also got the update to Underworlds that should be "soon" as well and also something for Necromunda. So there's a fair bit, but it seems most of the Nova stuff is coming pretty quick. Heck by November I expect it all to be over and to be hungering for new rumours and fresh info (as that will be when Sisters lands) 

Edited by Overread

At this point it's looking like:

Beastgrave-pre-order on the 21st

Cities/Orruks: Pre-order on the 28th, maaaaybe?

I think I've forgotten the actual last AoS tome release at this point, was it Sylvaneth? The one that got delayed and leaked months in advance so they just dumped it on on a random week with a lot of other stuff prior to Warcry?

It's alright though, they did say at Nova that Cities was coming so soon there was no point in talking about it, so once every single thing announced at Nova is out it's probably in the clear.

Edited by madmac
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Luke.w said:

That 40k stuff was announced a few weeks ago, the CoS and the warclans were announced 2 months ago and the only official update we have had is a bunch of Last Chance to Buy with no warning.

Dont forget how it was too soon to release to discuss at Nova. 

1 minute ago, madmac said:

I don't really have high expectations for CoS, so this isn't me whining about it particularly, but it just really feels that GW has no faith in this book and doesn't want to talk about it.

It's more likely a communication breakdown at GW. Thus far GW hasn't really had a bad Battletome through the whole of AoS for 2.0. Granted some have been better balanced than others, but there are no real stinkers. A few do feel the pinch of model variety certainly, but that's not really the problem with the Tome but simply that GW is updated way more armies than they can do big releases for. The greater surprise is throwing a brand new army out of the door at this stage when they could have used all that design and production for several existing armies (and I say this as someone planning on getting into Bonereapers and very excited about them - don't get me wrong I love them as an army!) 

I’m ready to bet that the two battletomes are coming together with Beastgrave with nothing new: no terrain, no spells, maybe a couple of repackaging but that’s about it. And they will act as fillers for the Beastgrave release that by itself could be too small.

That would be the apotheosis of disappointment but not sure there’s any other option.