The Rumour Thread

Just now, daedalus81 said:

And considering your other units benefiting from this ability have to fit into the mold of the other battalions it could be quite restrictive in options.

That is 1300 points minimum before you get to other battalions - not including the cost of the battalions themselves.

They don't. Both battalions can contain any number of Stormcast Eternals units in addition to their base battalion, like the Tzeentch and Silvaneth ones. 

It's also 800 points a Thunderhead battalion with 2 units of Judicators and 4 of Liberators. Still a lot, but not 1300.

12 hours ago, Requizen said:

Squinting really hard:

Hammers of Sigmar: Bravery +1, Liberators gain Lightning Strike on a roll of 6 during deployment, 6+ ward save for Command Trait

Hallowed Knights: 3+ to ignore negative spells, +1" to run and charge, looks like potentially able to pile in and attack after being killed if they haven't already attacked. 

Looks like both gain Lightning Strike if you max out the battalions? Pretty blurry.

I got something different:

Hammers of Sigmar:

When a friendly unit of liberators is destroyed, roll a dice. On a roll of 6 Sigmar (can't make out word) his chosen warriors. Set up that unit retsored to full strength in the celestial realm and return it to the battle in your next movement phase as if it had the lightning strike ability.

Hallowed Knights:

when a hallowed knights hero is slain in the combat phase before they have a (can't make word) their attacks roll a dice. If the result is 2 or more they are not removed as a cacualty until the end of the phase and in the meantime can still pile in and attack as normal

7 minutes ago, nine7six said:

I got something different:

Hammers of Sigmar:

When a friendly unit of liberators is destroyed, roll a dice. On a roll of 6 Sigmar (can't make out word) his chosen warriors. Set up that unit retsored to full strength in the celestial realm and return it to the battle in your next movement phase as if it had the lightning strike ability.

Hallowed Knights:

when a hallowed knights hero is slain in the combat phase before they have a (can't make word) their attacks roll a dice. If the result is 2 or more they are not removed as a cacualty until the end of the phase and in the meantime can still pile in and attack as normal

Probably, like I said it's super blurry. The Hammers of Sigmar ability becomes useless in Matched Play if that's "destroyed" instead of "deployed", who is going to set aside points to bring back Libs?

And if that's the Hallowed Knights ability they're going to be OP as heck. 2+ to ignore death and attack is extremely strong. 

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I don't play Stormcast so question

- how hard it is to use those 2 battalions ? 

Thunderhead with 4 units of Libs is 800 points minimum (at current values, could change in the new book). 

Lords of the Storm with 6 characters is 680 minimum (only taking 100 point characters, again can change).

And then I imagine both of those Stormhost uber-battalions will have a points cost, so higher. 

I would imagine that you'll be locked into a very specific build style, those are pretty hefty point costs for just core stuff. 

3 hours ago, Allornone said:

Not much. It's 4 Units of Liberators and 2 of Judicators for the Hammer of Sigmar and a Celestant, a Relictor and 4 other heroes  between castellant, heraldor, vexillor, azyros and Venator for the Hallowed Knights. 

This information is based on the old battalion.  I'll bet 10 bucks that this battalion gets updated to include the new heroes that have been released (similar to how the Tzeentch Changehost got updated to include the new horrors).  Part of the reason for this consolidated release is to integrate later releases into the army.  I bet we'll see that with this book.

• Like 1

Well, the rumour of upcoming releases seems somewhat logical. The very first teaser image from GW suggests duardin. We know that gathering storm book 3 is coming after the vanguard releases. That would allow the duardin to come at the end of the month. Then we have warhammer quest in April and 8th edition in time for warhammer fest in May. Silver tower had two Aelves so we know they are being concepted at least. The Slaanesh bit seems the most problematic. It has been heavily hinted  by Atia that we will see Nurgle stuff in the autumn for 40k. Three chaos gods in one year seems excessive. 

6 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Probably, like I said it's super blurry. The Hammers of Sigmar ability becomes useless in Matched Play if that's "destroyed" instead of "deployed", who is going to set aside points to bring back Libs?

Given the composition of the force and the fact it's "On a roll of 6" and IF it says 'restores to full strength', I think we're looking at free libs when you roll 6s.

If it is points for the libs its only flavour in nonmatched.

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Well, the rumour of upcoming releases seems somewhat logical. The very first teaser image from GW suggests duardin. We know that gathering storm book 3 is coming after the vanguard releases. That would allow the duardin to come at the end of the month. Then we have warhammer quest in April and 8th edition in time for warhammer fest in May. Silver tower had two Aelves so we know they are being concepted at least. The Slaanesh bit seems the most problematic. It has been heavily hinted  by Atia that we will see Nurgle stuff in the autumn for 40k. Three chaos gods in one year seems excessive. 

And who is the god of excess?

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Given the composition of the force and the fact it's "On a roll of 6" and IF it says 'restores to full strength', I think we're looking at free libs when you roll 6s.

If it is points for the libs its only flavour in nonmatched.

Anything currently that returns to the board after it's destroyed costs points. There could be some odd wording or something that lets Stormcast get around that, but I somehow doubt it, unless GW wants to show clear bias (which they might, I suppose).

2 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Anything currently that returns to the board after it's destroyed costs points. There could be some odd wording or something that lets Stormcast get around that, but I somehow doubt it, unless GW wants to show clear bias (which they might, I suppose).

yeah there would be a big point of contention with the death artifact that's been FAQ'd to cost points. You could argue that it shouldn't use reinforcement points because it says "the same unit" so it's not a new unit that's being setup, plus you are also probably paying points for that ability. who knows until we get the book...

40 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

This information is based on the old battalion.  I'll bet 10 bucks that this battalion gets updated to include the new heroes that have been released (similar to how the Tzeentch Changehost got updated to include the new horrors).  Part of the reason for this consolidated release is to integrate later releases into the army.  I bet we'll see that with this book.

While the specifics might change, it's still obvious that the Hammers of Sigmar will end up having to take way more Liberators than you want to, and the Hallowed Knights will still end up spending around 1/3 of their points on Heroes - which isn't necessarily bad, but it is pretty limiting. 

3 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Rumours from Facebook of Duardin release in March. Aelves, Slaanesh and Slaanesh worshipping Aelves in Summer. 

Guy on Facebook claims to have spoken with a GW employee, however rumours match up with other sources and GW expected release schedule.

Use salt  

Sounds exciting, got a link to the facebook post? :) 

4 hours ago, nine7six said:

yeah there would be a big point of contention with the death artifact that's been FAQ'd to cost points. You could argue that it shouldn't use reinforcement points because it says "the same unit" so it's not a new unit that's being setup, plus you are also probably paying points for that ability. who knows until we get the book...

Death artifact triggers after the unit dies, and it sets up the unit again. 

There are many units with effects that replace dying, such as Tyrion and the Hellpit Abomination, and those abilities do not require spending points because the models never actually died. Hammers of Sigmar seems to be another such effect.

18 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Death artifact triggers after the unit dies, and it sets up the unit again. 

There are many units with effects that replace dying, such as Tyrion and the Hellpit Abomination, and those abilities do not require spending points because the models never actually died. Hammers of Sigmar seems to be another such effect.

If so, it's pretty good. However, not gamebreaking, since it's only on a 6 and they're only Liberators. Not up to Hallowed Knights (at current squinty reading).

15 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Rumours from Facebook of Duardin release in March. Aelves, Slaanesh and Slaanesh worshipping Aelves in Summer. 

Guy on Facebook claims to have spoken with a GW employee, however rumours match up with other sources and GW expected release schedule.

Use salt  

Also ive cleaned up the first post  

please be true

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Volund said:

I just figured out what is going on with the PETA letter! It was actually a ploy by GW! Because now we will all get angry and buy more Stormcast Vanguard just to demonstrate our annoyance at PETA, lol.

Heh, not sure I'd have the money left, after buying a leather jacket and eating a steak. :D

• Like 2

So.. Regarding that rumour about Duardin,  Aelves and Slaanesh, I found that post on Facebook and was reading through the comments. One user said that it matched what he had heard. Feeling slightly creepy, I clicked through to see who this guy was. It was then that a name on this guys friend list jumped out. It was none other than John Blanche. (turns out John is his middle name- who knew?)

Anyway, this is a very roundabout way of saying that this rumour may actually have a little credibility.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So.. Regarding that rumour about Duardin,  Aelves and Slaanesh, I found that post on Facebook and was reading through the comments. One user said that it matched what he had heard. Feeling slightly creepy, I clicked through to see who this guy was. It was then that a name on this guys friend list jumped out. It was none other than John Blanche. (turns out John is his middle name- who knew?)

Anyway, this is a very roundabout way of saying that this rumour may actually have a little credibility.

On other sites there's been one or two people who have said they heard from GW personnel something similar. While it may not be 100% true, I think the man is saying some truths.

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Although this sounds a little harsh, I wouldn't put too much credit on them having Mr Blanche on their friends list (I have too).  John is using his FB page to share lots of his artwork whilst he's convalescing at home and is the first one to say that he's not heavily involved with GW currently.

28 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Although this sounds a little harsh, I wouldn't put too much credit on them having Mr Blanche on their friends list (I have too).  John is using his FB page to share lots of his artwork whilst he's convalescing at home and is the first one to say that he's not heavily involved with GW currently.

Fair enough. I did say a LITTLE more credibility. As a side note, I wonder If Slaanesh has been gradually corrupting their captors, during their imprisonment. It would be a cool way to introduce the return of Slaanesh, allied with their one time enemies.

21 hours ago, Requizen said:

And if that's the Hallowed Knights ability they're going to be OP as heck. 2+ to ignore death and attack is extremely strong. 

Thunderhead with 4 units of Libs is 800 points minimum (at current values, could change in the new book). 

Lords of the Storm with 6 characters is 680 minimum (only taking 100 point characters, again can change).

And then I imagine both of those Stormhost uber-battalions will have a points cost, so higher. 

I would imagine that you'll be locked into a very specific build style, those are pretty hefty point costs for just core stuff. 

I think the description is clear here. When the unit is destroyed, you have a way to counter that 'destroy' and restore it to full strength. Only different compare from normal restore is you setup this unit in Celestial realm.

So it is filling models to existing unit. Not sommon new stuff.