The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, CJPT said:

I suspect they probably wouldn't be allowed to release the book early even if they wanted to. If they put the digital version out months ahead of time, they would be actively undercutting independent stores that don't have the option to distribute it in that way. Aren't GW bound to release new products day-and-date with independent stores? I believe that's why they tend not to release new books/models early at events.

GW do have a legal obligation on releases that appear in independent stores.  It's why we never see pre-releases at events like Warhammer Fest for GW products anymore - but do see resin bits from Forge World sold like this (as they're not available from independents).

We had it at the Heresy Weekender this year when the events team wanted to sell one of the new Necromunda gangs early - they had to jump through loads of legal issues before they were allowed to put up a very limited stock.

18 hours ago, Charleston said:

Lets face the following:

We know that gw is likely to release a lot for chaos related stuff along Warcry this summer, also the campaign book seems to be the first part of an new narrative arc surrounding the Stormvaults.

May i ask what Chaos stuff  we know ?

We know Warcry will be available or released at July 20th. That's it. If you have any other information that indicates any  Chaos content beside Warcry please enlighten me. The reason why i say that is the interview a while ago on AOS Facebook page where they hinted that the Slaneesh book counts for the Chaos factions new release.

I would be more than surprised if they have any other new Chaos release this year and we shouldn't give people hope without any evidence. Like i said i hope that i am wrong but if someone has some viable information about StD or other Chaos please step forward and share.

Just now, Kurrilino said:

May i ask what Chaos stuff  we know ?

We know Warcry will be available or released at July 20th. That's it. If you have any other information that indicates any  Chaos content beside Warcry please enlighten me. The reason why i say that is the interview a while ago on AOS Facebook page where they hinted that the Slaneesh book counts for the Chaos factions new release. 

I would be more than surprised if they have any other new Chaos release this year and we shouldn't give people hope without any evidence. Like i said i hope that i am wrong but if someone has some viable information about StD or other Chaos please step forward and share.

We have plently of Darkoath Teasers and hints written between the lines. And as it would be pointless for GW to set all of the following up only to establish new lore withour a release.

• Darkoath Warqueen as Malign Portents Harbringer. Every single other Harbringer had their faction reworked
  • New Darkoath Fluff, for example in the Novella about the Warqueen (which btw is another Warqueen than the one that got a Modell)
  • Shadespire Darkoath Warband which can be seen as a hint for more Darkoath Modells like Zarbagz Gitz were
  • Warcry is an narrative Stepstone for a new Chaos related story ark. With Archaon calling to the best to Gather in the Allpeaks
  • Basically all Warcry Subfactions are realm-related variations of Darkoath (Chaos Pledged Tribes).

Also we know from the Shop-Merge and Faction summarization page that Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen are likely about to be put together and Darkoath seems  to be fleshed out soon, to be more than a mere subfuctions within the StD.

Btw the Christmas-Battleforce Box is also seen as a corellation, maybe to hook already some players into the faction before a bigger release.

If slaanesh counts as the new release for chaos, that's very weird, slaanesh is available before the warhammer fest(available to buy anytime, not just available to be pre-ordered). Then the staff says one more tomes for each grand alliance on warhammer fest, this is a contradiction from my opinion.

5 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

If slaanesh counts as the new release for chaos, that's very weird, slaanesh is available before the warhammer fest(available to buy anytime, not just available to be pre-ordered). Then the staff says one more tomes for each grand alliance on warhammer fest, this is a contradiction from my opinion.

Well communication between community staff and GW aren’t always clear sometimes I feel

"at least one more tome" is marketing speak. And yes Tomes for armies that already existed are still new  Tomes and new releases and the Slaanesh release was a pretty big thing - several new hero models appeared as well as new fiends coupled to a new battletome and endless spells and a massive new Greater Demon. 

That doesn't mean "no more chaos" releases. If anything the major surprise is that there's one more for all grand alliances when Death already has a complete roster - which means either a mistake; or a new army release for Death which is quite the surprise that we've still yet to see any hints on.

As for Slaves, we don't really know much about their potential release. Logic supposes that it will come out near warcry because Warcry is very chaos themed and is clearly a deilvery mechanic for adding a lot of mortal follower kits to the range - esp since they are more like generic troop components and also include things like furies; rather than character driven which is what Shadspire models are. 

Slaves being a combined book with Everchosen makes sense and it would also make sense for Dark Oath to be rolled in as well since Dark Oath basically copy-cats slaves in the mortal line of things. 

Other than that we basically have no hints nor rumours. Slaves might not even come out this year though it would be a major surprise for GW to do Warcry and then not followup. Heck we don't even properly know what Warcry is yet 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

That doesn't mean "no more chaos" releases. If anything the major surprise is that there's one more for all grand alliances when Death already has a complete roster - which means either a mistake; or a new army release for Death which is quite the surprise that we've still yet to see any hints on.

Well forbidden power did hint strongly of a deathly ally of Nagash being released out of the stormvault in Lake Lethis so I don't think it that much of a surprise and much more likely to happen now. it may not be a total new army as it could definitely build upon something existing like Soulblight or Deathrattle.

of course we are reaching the part of the year that GW tends to wind down on their releases and they still have yet to release Sisters of battle. so I wouldn't be surprise if Sylvaneath ends up being the Order tome for this year.

I'll be shocked if Sylvanath is the only order tome this year - there's still a good 6 months or so and I'd wager that's at least 5 or more additional Tomes to come for AoS. Just like how last year Codex were coming heavy for 40K, this year its AoS's turn in the light. AoS as a product needs to get more armies with Battletomes so that companion products and marketing (eg skirmish) can be fruitful. Right now GW has too many armies that don't even have a Battletome or have a very out of date one. Both those hinder purchasing.

Heck look at how Slaves to Darkness still has its Christmas Bundle on sale from the GW stores around the world. All the others sold out very fast, but that don't didn't. Slaves has no Battletome at all, not even an old first edition of AoS one. So there's far less interest in them as an army, which means far fewer sales for GW. Getting that Battletome out means increased sales, increased popularity and thus increase revenue. 

GW knows this, they just have to invest, afford and slot it all into release and production slots. I don't think GW is winding down at all, if anything they'll be winding up. 

Of course many will be just battletomes and terrain/spells. They won't all have big mode releases and that is fine. Even just the Tome at least gives rules and confidence that the army will remain.

As for lore things, even in big lore events one should never read too far into them. Heck look how often Cathay or Araby or Nippon get mentioned in Old World lore and books. Some very big mentions, sometimes forming the cornerstone of short stories for major heroes. And yet the closest GW got was one Araby army in Warmaster. So always be careful with such hints, they might result in big events and such but they do not always translate to new models, 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'll be shocked if Sylvanath is the only order tome this year -

Me too! Not because of the same reasons... mostly because they confirmed it’s at least one for each allegiance and specifically stating Sylvaneth not being one of them. ;) 

Edited by Kramer

1 hour ago, Overread said:

As for lore things, even in big lore events one should never read too far into them. Heck look how often Cathay or Araby or Nippon get mentioned in Old World lore and books. Some very big mentions, sometimes forming the cornerstone of short stories for major heroes. And yet the closest GW got was one Araby army in Warmaster. So always be careful with such hints, they might result in big events and such but they do not always translate to new models, 

well but it was the focal point of the whole forbidden power campaign like how Viglius lead to Abbaddon returning. I mean if you take what GW said to be true and their is 4 battletome release of different GA coming from now to end of 2019, it would make sense that their would be a new death army of a death battletome coming out. if now we are doubting the marketing speak of GW we should probably expect less release in general then.

granted I did hear that someone said that on Warhammer TV did said that Slaanesh was the chaos tome for the year but I doubt the truthfulness of the statement for now.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

ranted I did hear that someone said that on Warhammer TV did said that Slaanesh was the chaos tome for the year but I doubt the truthfulness of the statement for now

The statement of 1+ releases per GA was in a seminar after the release of Slaanesh. (Right after the sylvaneth thing hence people asked, and they confirmed sylvaneth was not the only order tome coming. ) 

26 minutes ago, Kramer said:

The statement of 1+ releases per GA was in a seminar after the release of Slaanesh. (Right after the sylvaneth thing hence people asked, and they confirmed sylvaneth was not the only order tome coming. ) 

Which begs to differ how much truth we put in those statement, since through official channels they only said tome for every grand alliances. General public don’t know about this statement unless they snoop around online. Plans can change and their could be miscommunication too. 

Of course for now I believe it true for now but then why people doubt about a upcoming death release then?

the big one is the 25 dollar increase of LoC and Bloodthirster so they match the price of the other two greater daemons, while I understand that a bit harsh.

11 minutes ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Yeah Aurics were a shoe-in. People are buying blobs of them.

plus you have to buy 6 boxes to complete a whole units as oppose to the Vulkite who only need three.

30 minutes ago, Austin said:

Price increases coming up for some AoS models.  Arkanauts stand out to me.

https://imgur.com/a/3MLY4hk

Well this sucks, I guess now is the time to grab what you can before the new prices come in. I'm lucky that nothing I was sitting on getting into (both AoS and 40k) is on these lists but I feel for the people who do have stuff on there they wanted. 

What currency is that?

Also on today's warhammer community article about upcoming events, it stated that the 20th July will be the first time to try warcry so I'm guessing pre orders will start that day and not released on the 20th

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What's the source on this? GW usually announces price changes ahead of time. 

THE INTERNET.

But seriously, this announcing increases to people other than retailers is a new thing.   I can remember only a few years back when those increases would strike like a bolt of brown lightning from the sky.

• Like 1

So probably it is not about shippment. I guess it might happens that the factory prints the wrong version(or have some defects?) so they need to reprint it....

Or like some guesses posted before, the syl books drops into the ocean and they also need to reprint it🤣

Edited by HammerOfSigmar