Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

15 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I don't know about you but I just can't wait to pull someone off a ledge with the harpoon. I know based off the leaks it won't do too much damage unless I pull them off over a spike pit, but it would just be fun visually. 

Will say that the snag could be very good for pulling a guy into combat, and having a dude just stand there to have a two action attack without having to move.

Yeah, I'm strongly considering running two of these guys, the attack itself is decently strong but the range is great. On that topic, has anyone seen anything regarding shooting and LOS? More specifically if we can shoot through other models or not. 

7 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Corporate business tactics 101. Drip-feed staggered releases are designed to  push people into buying every faction one at a time, as consumers don't like waiting to buy their warband of choice. Even releasing a starter set that includes 2 factions with the rulebook, dice, official terrain, etc is part of the strategy to get people to buy every warband, "forcing" people into iron golems/ untamed beasts even if their interest is splintered fang.  Heck, people will buy two boxes just to have the ability to customize their warband with the specialized options.

If they released 6 warbands in separate boxes all at once, people could choose to get only their favourite warbands straight from launch, which would defeat their business plan.

It's a Great business plan and works with how I get paid. :)

Yeah have to say now we've got a lot more info there's just one big question left that's got me all excited to figure out.

Will 'the internet' blame GW for ruining Warcry with a long & sustained roll out of entirely optional new rules packs and 'money grabbing' expansions... or for ruining Warcry by releasing everything at once and so not showing enough 'long term' support by releasing new stuff every other month?

Choose your own miserable adventure!

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

Yeah have to say now we've got a lot more info but a couple of weeks still to go there's one big question left that's got me all excited.

Will 'the internet' blame GW for ruining Warcry with a long & sustained roll out of entirely optional new rules packs and 'money grabbing' expansions... or for ruining Warcry by releasing too much at once and so not showing enough 'long term' support by releasing new stuff every other month?

I've been in this hobby over 20 years.  It wouldn't be Warhammer without complaining, doom-saying, or accusations of money grabs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

Yeah have to say now we've got a lot more info there's just one big question left that's got me all excited to figure out.

Will 'the internet' blame GW for ruining Warcry with a long & sustained roll out of entirely optional new rules packs and 'money grabbing' expansions... or for ruining Warcry by releasing too much at once and so not showing enough 'long term' support by releasing new stuff every other month?

The answer: who the flipper cares? Pick up your dice, grab your favorite fabulous  flavor of crazed cultist coo-coos and have fun with it! 😃

33 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I don't know about you but I just can't wait to pull someone off a ledge with the harpoon. I know based off the leaks it won't do too much damage unless I pull them off over a spike pit, but it would just be fun visually. 

Will say that the snag could be very good for pulling a guy into combat, and having a dude just stand there to have a two action attack without having to move.

Yeah, fall damage won't be much of a factor, but I'm looking forward to pulling someone off an objective or right next to a hungry hound. And since the distance they move is determined by the number on the dice for the triple, you know exactly how many inches they have to move, and where you need to be to meet them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Will 'the internet' blame GW for ruining Warcry with a long & sustained roll out of entirely optional new rules packs and 'money grabbing' expansions... or for ruining Warcry by releasing everything at once and so not showing enough 'long term' support by releasing new stuff every other month?

I am one of AoS team's biggest critics on this forum, but I have way more faith in the team behind WarCry/ Underworlds/ Kill Team than the one behind AoS. These people will at least have updated and [mostly] balanced rules for all released factions, even if we still have to deal with the regular money-making tactics.

Edited by Zanzou

My only real gripe atm is that falling damage is nice to have in the rules, though I don't see the impact damage as too much a factor in game, at least for myself. Most of my terrain doesn't get much larger than 4" tall, so usually a fall will only do 1 damage, or 3dmg on a lucky roll. Reminds me a lil too much of flesh wounds no-selling hits in Kill Team, I can see now flinging my mate's cultists off ledges and doing zero damage from it.

1 hour ago, wander said:

My only real gripe atm is that falling damage is nice to have in the rules, though I don't see the impact damage as too much a factor in game, at least for myself. Most of my terrain doesn't get much larger than 4" tall, so usually a fall will only do 1 damage, or 3dmg on a lucky roll. Reminds me a lil too much of flesh wounds no-selling hits in Kill Team, I can see now flinging my mate's cultists off ledges and doing zero damage from it.

I actually like the fact that there's no serious damage for falling. Makes for more cinematic and riskier movement, which is what this game is all about.

Plus I remember from the Mordheim days when trying to jump based on initiative tests was basically asking to get taken Out Of Action straight away.  What was it, like one I-test per 2" length? With standard initiative being 3..

Edited by Bjornas

21 minutes ago, Sete said:

Stormcast is just Vanguard? Booo hiss!

Listen, Sigmar can't send Warrior Chambers to Varanspire as they are for regular warfare and Archaon's lair for now is too well defended. But small groups of snipers and scouts? Makes perfect sense.

And of course I have to agree with @Overread. Gryph-hounds are everything you need in life.

• Like 4

Interesting point is you can tame the wild chaos beasts to join your warband. One wonders if the non-chaos forces can do the same. Though it would likely be more akin to slaving a capture chaos beast to aid them much like how Frodo and Sam had Gollum to guide them to the lands of Mordor. Or magical slavery of a demonic entity. 

29 minutes ago, michu said:

Listen, Sigmar can't send Warrior Chambers to Varanspire as they are for regular warfare and Archaon's lair for now is too well defended. But small groups of snipers and scouts? Makes perfect sense.

And of course I have to agree with @Overread. Gryph-hounds are everything you need in life.

Cue some elves on giant eels rumaging around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RedRowan said:

The wild beast thing is quite interesting. This game would be a great opportunity to add some interesting or unusual beasts and monsters just like Blackstone Fortess has done.

Steve

One of the Twist cards they show in the How to Play video has you adding 400 points worth of monsters to the board, which I assume are just meant to attack anyone and everyone.

1 minute ago, Zamik said:

One of the Twist cards they show in the How to Play video has you adding 400 points worth of monsters to the board, which I assume are just meant to attack anyone and everyone.

The video states that the monsters are on the table, but either player can choose to try and influence them each turn. So a player might choose to activate one of the chaos wild beasts, however it appears there's a dice roll and that if they lose that their opponent can instead steal control. So its a risky gamble and an interesting way to have them neutral in the game. 

As for adding more beasts chaos already has a few like the cockatrice and chimera, but there's ample room for more beasties!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for adding more beasts chaos already has a few like the cockatrice and chimera, but there's ample room for more beasties!! 

Beast Hunt from Necromunda but with multiple warbands working together to take down a raging chimera and just itching to betray each other.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Beast Hunt from Necromunda but with multiple warbands working together to take down a raging chimera and just itching to betray each other.

Or a group of Stormcasts guided by a Chaos wizard to attacking a raging.... bunny.

Edited by Bjornas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2