AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

GW in May & July: buy these great models!

SCE players: great! When?

GW: lmao idk September or something 

anoys the F out of me. Im still feeling like playing with half the rules. Im playing into the league and every time i hope i can start playing with new lists... start buying into stuff i want and start building a story. But doesnt feel right when playing with a old battletome and some of the lore and unit choises al going to change and impact the way i play. GW is baiting me

• Like 1

Lord-Celestant weapon changes

• Glaive: +1 attack, +1 wound, +1 Rend
  • Lightning Hammer: +1 Rend
  • Axe: -1" reach, +1 Rend, -1 damage
  • Tempestos Hammer removed? Probably just for Vandus now
  • Claws: +1 Attack, +1 Rend, +1 damage

Big winner seems to be glaive and claws, cant wait to see the warscroll and points

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Lord-Celestant weapon changes

• Glaive: +1 attack, +1 wound, +1 Rend
  • Lightning Hammer: +1 Rend
  • Axe: -1" reach, +1 Rend, -1 damage
  • Tempestos Hammer removed? Probably just for Vandus now
  • Claws: +1 Attack, +1 Rend, +1 damage

Big winner seems to be glaive and claws, cant wait to see the warscroll and points

the glaive change to higher attacks makes me thing its gonne be 2 damage on the charge instead of 3

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

the glaive change to higher attacks makes me thing its gonne be 2 damage on the charge instead of 3

I don't see any reason why they would nerf the damage. LCOD was pillowfisted before, but 5 attacks at Rend-2 damage 3 is actually a good melee weapon.

59 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Yes, i agree with that. Same for fulminators, they were comparable to the concussors.

To keep this balance i think going for dmg 2 with more attacks is a well rounded profile and can do for juicy charges anyway

@JackStreicher I will always be impressed with your works. We often have very similar tastes in armies but your skills go far beyond my own.

For my own part, I have been planing on going with either a green and brown scheme with iron/steel armour harkening back to some of my favourite folk heroes and pop culture figures such as Robin Hood and Link... or as an aged bronze with a heavy patina as though they are ancient warriors from antiquity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Since more rules are coming out and the battletome is probably going to be leaked online within the next 2 weeks, I've made the general discussion thread for 3.0

Solid thread name, that.

PS: Brought about the urge to write "Playing Celestial Vindicators Vindictors from Vindicarum has been vindicated.'

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2