AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, Pyrk said:

I picked up Soul Wars a little back, more aiming at the Nighthaunt side but have the Stormcast side still as well. I'm planning on picking up some Evocators so I can field a legal unit, but is there anything else I should look at in the near future to build out what I have with Soul Wars a little?

I know 3.0 is coming and that with Stormcast in the core box we might be looking at a Stormcast battletome soon which might potentially revamp things, but any suggestions at present?

Tbh, nobody can tell you whats worth buying atm. 

I had 10 Judicators randomly flying around from years ago, so I start my new collection with them as they are battleline and probably get a support hero. 

Otherwise I‘m holding myself back from buying anything until Dominion drops and after that I wait for the Battletome and then plan a 2,5k army that I‘ll buy.

As for now, its 100% gambling as nobody yet knows if older Scrolls get revamped or even become/stay viable compared to the new goodness. 

Lord Relictor & Lord Castellant will probably still be worth it in the future. 

18 minutes ago, Pyrk said:

I picked up Soul Wars a little back, more aiming at the Nighthaunt side but have the Stormcast side still as well. I'm planning on picking up some Evocators so I can field a legal unit, but is there anything else I should look at in the near future to build out what I have with Soul Wars a little?

I know 3.0 is coming and that with Stormcast in the core box we might be looking at a Stormcast battletome soon which might potentially revamp things, but any suggestions at present?

If you have souls war you probably get 8 sequitors, buy yourself a box of "easy to build sequitors" to fill up your squad up to 10.

You can also get the evocator warband to fill the ranks as well:
Warband Focus: Stormsire's Cursebreakers - Warhammer Community

For 40more euros you get a 1K army ready for reinforcments and with really good units.
Lots of things are likely to change on our new book but going this road you can't go wrong and you will need these extra models anyway to play your games, this is a cheap way to get your starter build and wait for the next battletome

• Like 2

You know, I'd completely forgotten that I had the UW Stormcast - but then I haven't had a chance to play in quite a while...that should set me nicely then and allow me to hit 10 Sequitors / min size Evocators for now without having to buy any more. Thanks for reminding me 😅

59 minutes ago, Pyrk said:

No sorry, I would wait.. it’s the only Right decision you can make now. But yeah you can stock up your Evos and seqs.

Edited by Erdemo86

3 hours ago, Pyrk said:

Stormsire's Cursebreakers easy way to fill Evocator unit out. And you can use Averon Stormsire as another incantor or as a lord arcanum on foot

• Like 1

Sooo, no more deepstriking for SCE? Sounds like mortal wounds on death as well. One thing that just occurred to me,  Be'lakor's rain cloud, perhaps it'll just be like the necroquake and just last an edition. Could mean no long term reason to bin traditional armour... or GW could just come up with another reason to push thundersrike  

• Like 2

Their mighty Stormkeeps are bonded more deeply to their host cities, and the Stormcast often travel and fight alongside Dawnbringer Crusades – great caravans of exploration, seeking to found new cities.

Dawnbringer crusades? Just like @lare2 said, it sounds like hint for some new allegiance abilities. Maybe deepstrike will be bound only to new models? It sound like there will be more synergies with stormkeeps. Maybe stormhosts will be linked to cites, like tempest lords to tempest eye etc.?

• Like 1

That would be "crusade" in 40k. I hope we don't get too much ally stuff in the book. Not that i mind options, i just don't want to play a mixed GAOrder/CoS force and i'd rather see all effort put into the SCE tome benefit SCE rules and (internal) balance.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Lucur said:

That would be "crusade" in 40k. I hope we don't get too much ally stuff in the book. Not that i mind options, i just don't want to play a mixed GAOrder/CoS force and i'd rather see all effort put into the SCE tome benefit SCE rules and (internal) balance.

Yeah, I believe some people like the idea of mixed armies. I get it and it is sure nice to have options, but personally I doesn't feel like mixing with CoS. I just want to be able to field my demigods in shining armour. I hope, that older models still will be relevant, and we can get more elite version of sce battletome.

• Like 3

My Liberators... liberated some spears (played as warblades, both champs have Sword also) and cloaks long time ago on request of their waifu there on Balewind. They are bit on raunchy side with all the girls in same storage box....

Vindictors and Praetors ... eat yourselves. (I should really get on with painting them all - currently bit further than last pic)

Having played:

SCE with some Sorceress magic support (before Shootcast or Incantor was a thing) and it was fine. Even later that +2 sorceress cast could be nice with endless spell or two compared to Incantor/Arcanum while being 'cheap'.

Shadowhammer Compact (DoK+ScE batallion) because I had them and DoK. This was fun, but not really flexible on 2k

And with CoS release... Anvilgard which was interesting soup. But probably worst. Or maybe my opponent had just way better army at the time.

Nothing was nowhere near competitive, but we always had fun and it went to turn4-5 always.

Later with more... khm hardcore lists we mostly just wiped boards on turn3 :/ or even 2 once (Khorne player got in with all the big boys, did like 50 mortal wounds overall just on that axe spin 🤣)

Also, my first model ever bought was Carmine Dragon (using him as Dreadlord/Sorceress on dragon mostly) and I want to shove it into every list possible.  Thus, soup armies :)

image.png.f09c2ddc115e3adcd8ad5dd985c69ba5.png

image.png.e3c31c0e4bce41c50626110822b5b161.png

image.png.3c80ff340eabb28968e0c6891061acc7.png

image.png.929818d07b0f0849c980cea8cc970105.png

image.png.37181c2ae99be1029ca414f0e71830a3.png

image.png.2dc92fe02b61d1b1d63d57b67f1ac7b3.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Guys have you seen the new rules for characters!

What a bunch of interesting stuff, especially the implications of having more CP, improved aura for totem (interestingly both army in the starting boxes have banners heroes) and most importantly additionnal rules for monsters.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/03/how-warhammer-age-of-sigmars-new-edition-turns-monsters-and-heroes-up-to-11/

The characters that have both will benefit greatly from these new abilities (for example a HERO and MONSTER character can benefit on one turn from both +1 to hit and +1 to wound  as well as +1 to save).

I hope we'll get a better warscroll for our lord celestant on stardrake because this dude is going to be so fun to play!

there's so much to unpack here, lots of things are going to change and i'm really excited!

I'm still a bit concerned that with more CP some OP command abilities (thinking about anvils of heldenhammer type of thing) will become even more prevalent in the current META.

what are you guys thinking about that?

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

The Drakesworn Temple Meta is upon us!

OMG yes finally, i try to not hype myself too much on this but i would love to finally get my drakes on the table without having to count on frutrating builds (let's be honnest, the starcast build is quite boring to play against).

I'm definitely excited for that (and the potential "DRAKE" unit)

Stonks:

* Tauralon

* Drakesworn Templar

* Knight-Incantor, Lords-Arcanum (heal up those Spirit Flasks bois!)

* Lord-Aquilor (2+ save and a bunch of attacks to buff with +1 wound)

* Lords-Arcanum on Gryph-chargers and Dracolines (2+ saves and melee buffs)

BIG STONKS:

* Stardrake 

* Knight-venator (special arrow wounding on 2s)

* Astral Templars stormhost (subject to any changes). There will be a lot of heroes and monsters out there!

Edited by PrimeElectrid

So. Will this rumored new DRAKE unit be the new Dracoth one?  Will this new stormcast be compatible or capable to make army with the old ones? 

As the new armour is special and helps stormcast to go on a save path when they die, will the old ones go apart on this new narrative?

And for the new battletome, how much we will have to wait to have it? Will it come out with dominion box or the same month? Will all the units come out the same? 

As I wanna focus first on stormcast this waiting is making me crazy

Edited by Hoseman

19 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Still no warscrolls leaked... getting unpacient..

I feel you,

Im kind of waiting for 3.0 to launch and i really want the new book so i can start playing again and looking for cool lists

OK rules for annihilators are out. They get an attack with 3 attacks that's basically the same as the big maces. They do do impact hits on landing and impact hits on a successful charge though. Which are worse if they are only 2 or 1 model. Which gives me hope that they do come in units of three but on the other hand evocators also got worse below three and came in units of 5 while the start box hat 3...

On another note: I played two 1000P games against kharadron overlords. The first game I tried a charge with evocators on dracolines and the lord arcanum turn one but the lord didn't get the charge... Then his turn 1 he blasted all Dracolines away with the Ironclad. From then on it was an uphill battle. The Ironclad evaded me every time I came close and shot everything. 

Game two I took a ballista and a priest with translocation. 3 command point rerolls spend on units (lord on gryph charger, Liberators and 10 buffed Sequitors) and only the 4 libs got there. Then I got blasted again. Both games were total annihilation... What to do at that point size? Those were the units I painted. Must I paint the star drake and another ballista? I don't want to right now but oh wow. Scenario didn't help. Number 6. My opponent couldn't hold both objectives but the way he shot me prohibited me from getting one which meant a close victory for him by points killed. Only once did I damage the ship enough it couldn't fly high..

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

yeah so minimum unit size of 3. thats pretty cool. Fits the lore a bit more then big units of 5. And its nice to see this in the box. My ques is no other weapon choises for now. Is also good.

It's not confirmed is it? Just inferred by the size the stuff gets worse but for evocators it was the same...