AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

21 hours ago, Karragon said:

Gavriel's command ability only effects Hammers of Sigmar units, so in this army it will only affect himself (because everyone else is a Tempest Lord), which is why you don't tend to see people using Tempest Lords. We've only really got 2 "spammable" command abilities and they are tied to stormhosts (Hammers and Anvils).

Ahh ok. I was told there was an errata that changed it to all friendly Stormcast but lowered the range from 12" to 9".

If that's not the case I'll have to think of something else. Thanks though!

20190807_173802.jpg

Edited by animusCompassionist

4 minutes ago, animusCompassionist said:

Ahh ok. I was told there was an errata that changed it to all friendly Stormcast but lowered the range from 12" to 9".

If that's not the case I'll have to think of something else. Thanks though!

Other way round, it changed from within 9" to wholly within 12" and changed from Stormcast to Hammers of Sigmar :)

In most cases you can't trust the warscrolls on their website, the ones in the app (which is free) are the correct ones.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Karragon said:

Other way round, it changed from within 9" to wholly within 12" and changed from Stormcast to Hammers of Sigmar :)

In most cases you can't trust the warscrolls on their website, the ones in the app (which is free) are the correct ones.

And now I know. Thank you very much!

So moving forward, I guess it will be this?

Realm: Hysh
Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Leaders:
Lord Arcanum (on foot): General, God forged Blade, Azyrite Halo
Lord Relictor: Aetherquartz Brooch, Translocation
Gavriel Sureheart

Battleline: 2x Sequitors x10
Other: 2x Evocators x5 (not sure what weapon. Attacking in two ranks is great but theres only 5 models in the unit)

Warscroll Battalion: Cleansing Phalanx
Endless Spell: Celestian Vortex (just to fill out my last 40pts really)
Total pts:1500

Edited by animusCompassionist

In a Nutshell that is about my standard list but by taking so many Sequitors and the Phalanx you might lack some Damage. I usually take just one unit of 10 and one of 5. If you get rid of Phalanx and Vortex you can instead:

Take Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger (imho better command ability) 

Take 3 extra Ballistas for some ranged support. Alternatively 6 Longstrike Crossbows or a Unit of Retributors plus some more Liberators for objective grabbings. 

• Thanks 1

How about this for a reimagined anvils list:

Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Lord-Relictor  100
-Deathly Aura
-Translocation

Knight-Incantor  140
-Speed of Lightning

Knight-Azyros  100

Celestant-Prime  340

5 Liberators  100

5 Liberators  100

5 Liberators  100

9 Longstrikes  510

6 Vanguard-Palladors  360

3 Aetherwings  50

3 Aetherwings  50

3 Aetherwings  50

2000/2000

All feedback is welcome!

10 minutes ago, Luke.w said:

How about this for a reimagined anvils list:

Its got a lot of the core stuff, and more mobility with the Palladors/Prime, without some of the punchy power of the evocators.  It seems pretty cool to me.  And Im sure with practice it could do quite well.

Though I do like with 3 birds, having perhaps that second squad of rangers, those hurricane ones to spread out bird coverage.

Edited by GlanceOnASix

12 hours ago, Naem said:

In a Nutshell that is about my standard list but by taking so many Sequitors and the Phalanx you might lack some Damage. I usually take just one unit of 10 and one of 5. If you get rid of Phalanx and Vortex you can instead:

Take Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger (imho better command ability) 

Take 3 extra Ballistas for some ranged support. Alternatively 6 Longstrike Crossbows or a Unit of Retributors plus some more Liberators for objective grabbings. 

I will absolutely try that. The Phalanx felt a little weak, but some people around the store recommended it. I'll try making some lists without it for sure. Thanx!

17 hours ago, animusCompassionist said:

I will absolutely try that. The Phalanx felt a little weak, but some people around the store recommended it. I'll try making some lists without it for sure. Thanx!

Phalanx being one of the only almost usable battalions what's left ? I'm seriously wanting to use Skyborne Slayers. What do you guys think about it ?

Edited by Maturin

Skyborne Slayers looks like fun, but i guess a gav drop is more competitive and has the same means of counterplay, Skyborne merely narrowing down the distance that needs to be screened, while not being concerned with charges happening over 12".

I thus think the two are pretty comparable with Gav being a slight bit stronger and Skyborne being a bit more fun and stylish if you enjoy strike chamber models.

10 hours ago, Lucur said:

Skyborne Slayers looks like fun, but i guess a gav drop is more competitive and has the same means of counterplay, Skyborne merely narrowing down the distance that needs to be screened, while not being concerned with charges happening over 12".

I thus think the two are pretty comparable with Gav being a slight bit stronger and Skyborne being a bit more fun and stylish if you enjoy strike chamber models.

As my dice rolls are always terrible (last game I rolled 6 time a double ace), Skyborne slayer might be a surer way for me to charge enemy units :)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lucur said:

That's kind of the point though, give gav 3 CP and you literally cannot fail that charge, even on snake eyes ; )

thats what i did after rolling 11 twice in 2 games, but had to stop because friends really disliked it ☺️

but as soon as i feel comfortable enough building and painting my drake i am gonna play a lot of skyborne slayers because it looks awesome on paper ❤️

i basically get to field the coolest models and loose with style :) 

So, my wife just bought me the Vangaurd Brotherhood Battleforce box last night. I am working on building a list that uses the Vanguard chamber and making it into an Anvilstrike. I have read a lot of lists on here, reddit and in other places. I am seeing the core being 9 long strikes and something hard hitting like 10 evocators or 6 pallidators, and relictor to teleport. 

I have made the following. Looking for advice, may have to buy some more models at the moment but I love the flexibility and the possibilities with this list. 

TY for CC 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Spellweaver (100)
- Blows of Mystic Power
- Allies
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Allies
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes
10 x Evocators (440)
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 117

Work in Progress, not set on this and I have not tested. Hell, most of these are still in the box right now lol. 

On 8/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Lucur said:

Also, complete immun to battleshock mean your opponent will have to kill your guys to the last and hard counter bravery bombs.

I'd also add than dropping 5" away is more than just easy charges, it also make it much harder for your opponent to prevent you to Land behind him.

Also it's usable with every chamber or with staunch Defenders, unlike the gavbomb

I'm thinking about trying a Stardrake/Drakesworn list. My group it not really that competitive but I could like to have something that doesn't totally suck so I ended with these two possible lists:

Option A:

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (560)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Spellshield 
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Divine Light
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Shriving Light

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
2 x Concussors (240)
2 x Concussors (240)
2 x Concussors (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Dais Arcanum (30)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 92
-----------------

Option B:

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
- General
- Tempest Axe
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Mount Trait: Thunderlord
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Heraldor (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
6 x Desolators (600)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Dais Arcanum (30)
Everblaze Comet (100)
Celestian Vortex (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97
-----------------

Any thoughts?

10 hours ago, ledha said:

Also, complete immun to battleshock mean your opponent will have to kill your guys to the last and hard counter bravery bombs.

I'd also add than dropping 5" away is more than just easy charges, it also make it much harder for your opponent to prevent you to Land behind him.

Also it's usable with every chamber or with staunch Defenders, unlike the gavbomb

What would be a good complement to the Skyborne slayers ?
BTW, do they count towards the number of units that can be used with Scions of the Storm ?

17 hours ago, Maturin said:

What would be a good complement to the Skyborne slayers ?
BTW, do they count towards the number of units that can be used with Scions of the Storm ?

I'm running a min Slayers plus 9 Longstrikes plus Veritant, Azyros and Aetherwings. The Slayers' deployment rule is separate, they don't count toward Scions. In some games, the only units I deploy on the field are the Azyros and birds (for Look out, Sir!). ;-)

18 hours ago, Souleater said:

Yeah, but it isn't in bold on the Warscroll....but that would be hilarious! 

What do you mean ? It's written Lord Celestant on the warscroll, so unless there is a FAQ saying that only non mounted versions of LC can be included like for the Phoenix temple warscroll (no anointed on the phenixes) then it's good to go, right ?

4 hours ago, Roark said:

I'm running a min Slayers plus 9 Longstrikes plus Veritant, Azyros and Aetherwings. The Slayers' deployment rule is separate, they don't count toward Scions. In some games, the only units I deploy on the field are the Azyros and birds (for Look out, Sir!). 😉

Thanks Roark.

So how do you play them ? Judicators holding objectives while libs participates in combat ?

6 hours ago, Maturin said:

What do you mean ? It's written Lord Celestant on the warscroll, so unless there is a FAQ saying that only non mounted versions of LC can be included like for the Phoenix temple warscroll (no anointed on the phenixes) then it's good to go, right ?

My reading of the main rulebook in this case is that the Skyslayers Warscroll has 'Lord Celestant ' in normal type font not 'LORD CELESTANT '

The former means that the battalion refers specifically to the hero called exactly that. 

If it was in bold then it would allow any unit warscroll with that keyword.