AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

39 minutes ago, Khadral said:

Do anyone has some feedback about crossbow judicators? How do they perform? Based on my calculation they should do more damage in almost any situation, but is it worth it considering the halved range? And what about the special weapon? The crossbow seem to be more effective VS hordes while the bow performs better against heroes

This is what I run.

lord celestant on dracoth w hammers of sigmar trait (6 damage save)

2x5 crossbow juds w shockbolt crossbow 

2x5 vanguard raptors w thunderstrike crossbows 

celestant prime

the rest is on the board, wont list them.. all of the above drops from the sky together in a tight circle. Troops surrounding the heros to keep them from getting wiped out in the hitback (dracoth and prime have 2” range so they can hit over stuff if I get charged).

I basically obliterate whatever I choose to focus down. If my opponent gives me long enough to charge the prime up too, I just charge him in and obliterate something else in addition. The enemy is then forced to make some hard choices as no matter what they attack, it’s going to happen a second time if they don’t kill enough stuff back. I almost always go 2nd turn and hope for a double turn. It’s not overpowered to the point of being unfun for pro to play against, but I’ve definitely won some games on turn one because people underestimated how much damage I could do in a single drop.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lord Ein said:

Hello fellow stormcast players!

i’m starting out with SCE and wanted to get your thoughts on my «centerpiece» units, which will be, hold your horses, 2units of 6 prosecutors with celestial hammers, planning to drop them with scions. 

My big question, havent played a match yet, what special weapons should I put on them? Leaning towards grandhammers and/or axes. 

I know they’re not going to carry games, but.. they’re going to look amazing. Is there a hero I also should drop down with them? Wanted azyros but he feels redundant with the already rerolling 1s with paired hammers

How does the rend work for axes? I dont have the battletome with me and the app just shows a * with no description. I think you can get the model in range with 2 to 4 fighters easily considering base size. It will be rare to have more than 2 in range though... 1" limits its uses. Because of that I would assume grandhammers or swords will be better unless it has some massive rend.

23 minutes ago, Lord Ein said:

-1 rend for all upgrades, but 1 damage with axe and 2 damage with grandblade and grandhammer. Is it allowed to take 1 axe and 1 grandhammer for instance or are you limited with choosing the same in a unit?

You can mix and match. I'd lean to the grandblade or grandhammer. The axe would be better if it had more than 1" range. It won't get into range of enough models to make it worth it. Mathematically speaking the blade and hammer will generate the exact same amount of wounds on average. Depending on which Stormhost you pick can influence which one you take. A Knight-Azyros with them is thematic and allows rerolling of 1s in both shooting and combat. So consider him as well.

New FAQ out.

Page 122Lore of Invigoration Add the following under the title: ‘Units of Evocators can know and attempt to cast one spell from the Lore of Invigoration. This is an exception to the rule that they cannot attempt to cast spells other than Empower. If a unit of Evocators attempts to cast a spell from the Lore of Invigoration, it cannot attempt to cast any other spells in that hero phase.’

Page 126 Hammers of Sigmar, Soul of the Stormhost Add the following to the end of the rule. ‘You cannot use this command ability more than once per phase.’

Page 128 Celestial Vindicators, Righteous Hatred Add the following to the end of the rule: ‘You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase.’

Page 129Anvils of the Heldenhammer, Heroes of another Age Add the following to the end of the rule: ‘You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase.’

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nox said:

New FAQ out.

Page 122Lore of Invigoration Add the following under the title: ‘Units of Evocators can know and attempt to cast one spell from the Lore of Invigoration. This is an exception to the rule that they cannot attempt to cast spells other than Empower. If a unit of Evocators attempts to cast a spell from the Lore of Invigoration, it cannot attempt to cast any other spells in that hero phase.’

I was not expecting this....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nox said:

New FAQ out.

Page 126 Hammers of Sigmar, Soul of the Stormhost Add the following to the end of the rule. ‘You cannot use this command ability more than once per phase.’

Page 128 Celestial Vindicators, Righteous Hatred Add the following to the end of the rule: ‘You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase.’

Page 129Anvils of the Heldenhammer, Heroes of another Age Add the following to the end of the rule: ‘You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase.’

Where do you found that, can you link please.

2 hours ago, cooleyo said:

1) you're trying to get the charge off by running and charging (i.e. requiring the synergy of LAoT and Heraldor and potentially Chronomantic Cogs ensless spell) and discounting any Staunch Defender

Not quite. Remember that this is (in matched play at least) an objective game. Those extra 2" can be the difference between guaranteeing that your Sequitors or Evocators (or whatever Sacrosanct) actually take an objective, no charging necessary.

20 minutes ago, AwareTheLegend said:

I was not expecting this....

Really? I figured the intent of the Lore of Invigoration was pretty clear since Lore of the Storm specifically calls out that Evocators can't cast it. There wouldn't have been any need to do that if GW didn't intend to have Evocators casting Invigoration spells, since their warscroll already says they can only cast Empower.

• Like 1

The new FAQs hit hard on us:

• Evocators know spells from the Lore of Invigoration, this was most likely to have been a print error in the battletome
  • Hammers of Sigmar's command ability can now be used only once per turn, so if before it was bad now it's just useless
  • Celestial Vindicators  and Anvils of the Heldenhammer cannot use their command ability twice on the same unit in a turn, this seems right else the dreaded "just archers" formation would have been broken
  • Cicle of the Storm now save the model 1 wound but after you do so you have to assign the remaining wound making it one of the worst abilities ever. (for reference: Q: Sometimes an ability will say that a slain model is not removed from play, and you instead heal 1 or more wounds allocated to the model. If there are any wounds remaining to be allocated to the slain model or the unit it belongs to, are they negated? A: No, unless the ability specifically says it negates any remaining wounds or mortal wounds.)
Edited by Bradipo322

2 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

• Cicle of the Storm now save the model 1 wound but after you do so you have to assign the remaining wound making it one of the worst abilities ever.

Where's this mentioned in the FAQ? I'm not seeing it?

2 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

The new FAQs hit hard on us:

• Evocators know spells from the Lore of Invigoration, this was most likely to have been a print error in the battletome
  • Hammers of Sigmar's command ability can now be used only once per turn, so if before it was bad now it's just useless
  • Celestial Vindicators  and Anvils of the Heldenhammer cannot use their command ability twice on the same unit in a turn, this seems right else the dreaded "just archers" formation would have been broken
  • Cicle of the Storm now save the model 1 wound but after you do so you have to assign the remaining wound making it one of the worst abilities ever.

Why always so salty:

1.Evocators better than before!

2.the command abilitys would be overpowered as f... if you could use them more than once, so its a welcome nerf! ( imagine 15 longstrike with 10 cp)

3. we all played cycle of the storm like tjis on our community so wtf

4. Stacking gavriel is allowed! Buff!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AwareTheLegend said:

Lens of Refraction was nerfed to once per battle

Yeah!! No more no-brainer Lens of Refraction nor being treated like a pariah for not using it!

Gavriel's spam it until you autocharge is still unpleasant, though ?

Just now, DanielFM said:

Yeah!! No more no-brainer Lens of Refraction nor being treated like a pariah for not using it!

Gavriel's spam it until you autocharge is still unpleasant, though ?

I'm just happy that people are gonna stop using Hysh as their realm just cause of the Lens! Now people won't think I'm trying to join the meta just cause I like the fluff xD

• Like 1