AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

59 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Plague Monks are a slow melee unit with paper thin defenses. Don't let them get the charge on any unit that matters and you'll be fine. Try not to engage them with melee weapons since you'll take a bunch of mortal wounds back (evocator lightning blast avoids this ability since it's not a melee weapon). Avoid killing them in melee altogether if they have Death Frenzy - it's worth using a dispel scroll on Frenzy if you plan on engaging them in melee.

You can't bring more than 4 WLC at 2000pt so I'm not sure how that is a problem. Do you mean 9x Jezzails?

Yap, they are usually a job for the 3 Ballista + Lord Ordinator Squad. Theres nothing better then the thrill of a final volley of 12 4+ to hit dice, knowing that any hit becomes D6 hits...oh how glorious it can be :D

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, Naem said:

I dont know that it was gone. In our local meta at least it is still the no. 1 build. I played some games with my standard list recently being:

LEADERS

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220)

Lord-Relictor (100)

Lord-Ordinator (140)

UNITS

10 x Sequitors (260) - Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

5 x Sequitors (130) - Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

5 x Liberators (100) - Warhammers

5 x Evocators (220)

5 x Evocators (220)

5 x Decimators (180)

WAR MACHINES

Celestar Ballista (110)

Celestar Ballista (110)

BATTALIONS

Cleansing Phalanx (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Celestian Vortex (40)

And there was a lot of winning. The missing 50 points i usually fill up with a situational endless spell. Maybe i would consider not taking the Phalanx and getting one more Ballista + not taking the Vortex then but instead I would have exactly the 100 points for the comet. I like the comet, it makes things go BOOOM and WOAAAASH and the enemy looks mad so I find it to be a good spell :P 

Hey, can you tell me how would you extrapolate this list to a 1,5k one. I lack a lot of experience to know which units are better to drop. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Stormcast models for Warcry were confirmed https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

I wish we were able to use Prosecutors instead of Longstrikes :/ especially since I expect LOS to be more limited. They feel like overkill for a small skirmish game. I get why they didn't give us Palladors though.

From the leaking rules, shooting is not separate from close combat, it is just a special close combat that with long range(I deduce this from the untamed beast warscroll, check the spear with 8" range)

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Stormcast models for Warcry were confirmed https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

I wish we were able to use Prosecutors instead of Longstrikes :/ especially since I expect LOS to be more limited. They feel like overkill for a small skirmish game. I get why they didn't give us Palladors though.

It's fairly obvious that the Stormcast units were selected to move old stock. Vanguard stuff hardly sells on it's own (except for Raptors, but even those hardly fly off the shelves in my experience). Prosecutors would've made a lot of sense, but because most Stormcast players will have a couple of units of them it didn't make sense from a sales perspective.

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2019 at 12:04 PM, whispersofblood said:

I found Prosecutors with Javelins did decent ranged dmg, but I suppose that was sometime ago, but you might be better off taking skywardens as allies for the same role.

Or Khinerai Heartrenders. Deepstrike, on 4+ extra move after shooting. Buffs when dropped in.

2 hours ago, Lucur said:

I don't understand why we shouldn't get Palladors, while Deepkin get Ishlaen Guard, though.

I assume you are talking about Warcry. I don't think you've looked at the profiles of each unit, and how that would translate into Warcry abilities. Ishlaen have 0 rend on any of their attacks for example, doesn't shoot, doesn't do mortal wounds and have fewer wounds

10 hours ago, kuroyume said:

It's fairly obvious that the Stormcast units were selected to move old stock. Vanguard stuff hardly sells on it's own (except for Raptors, but even those hardly fly off the shelves in my experience). Prosecutors would've made a lot of sense, but because most Stormcast players will have a couple of units of them it didn't make sense from a sales perspective.

It is fairly obvious that the chamber dedicated to scouting is being used in the skirmish game set in uncharted territory...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

It is fairly obvious that the chamber dedicated to scouting is being used in the skirmish game set in uncharted territory...

By that rationale, prosecutors should've been an obvious choice, as in Lore they are literally the first SCE to get sent anywhere (including being the first Stormcast to leave Azyr at all). But because pretty much evey SCE player is going to have a few units of them from starter boxes, they were cut.

24 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

By that rationale, prosecutors should've been an obvious choice, as in Lore they are literally the first SCE to get sent anywhere (including being the first Stormcast to leave Azyr at all). But because pretty much evey SCE player is going to have a few units of them from starter boxes, they were cut.

I honestly think a lot of players don't have them - they've rarely been used. Also, with the close confines the models won't work very well from a usability POV.

10 hours ago, kuroyume said:

17 hours ago, stus67 said:

Do you think your games would have gone better with a Stardrake or a Tauralon LA instead of the 20 block of Sequitors?

No I don't think so, the Tauralon isn't tough enough. With a Tauralon you don't have enough wounds to withstand most opponents damage output and the extra cast isn't good enough. Its mobility would be useful, but I value the durability and killing power of the Sequitors. Besides, having 4 foot wizards walking behind their massivt bodyguard unit slinging spells looks really cool. I would consider the Tauralon if you ran a Convocation list with ballistas and Ordinator.

1 hour ago, Marzillius said:

No I don't think so, the Tauralon isn't tough enough. With a Tauralon you don't have enough wounds to withstand most opponents damage output and the extra cast isn't good enough. Its mobility would be useful, but I value the durability and killing power of the Sequitors. Besides, having 4 foot wizards walking behind their massivt bodyguard unit slinging spells looks really cool. I would consider the Tauralon if you ran a Convocation list with ballistas and Ordinator.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I think I'm still going to try it with a Drakesworn Templar though. I can still get a block of 10 sequitors with it.

13 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Where can I find a rule for that ? I was told by a GW manager it does count as a move this afternoon.

Scoins of the Storm counts as normal reserve, in the latest core rule, reserve unit arriving battlefield does not count as normal move. In the last version, this thing does count as a normal move, so probably that's why the GW manage tell you so. In the latest version, in the latest version, it no longer counts as a move.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Scoins of the Storm counts as normal reserve, in the latest core rule, reserve unit arriving battlefield does not count as normal move. In the last version, this thing does count as a normal move, so probably that's why the GW manage tell you so. In the latest version, in the latest version, it no longer counts as a move.

Cheers mate! So Deepstriking Crossbow Judicators and Vanguard Raptors is worth it after all?

This is the latest Astral Templars list I've been toying with. Although it doesn't focus purely in one direction, I think the Raptors are a good recipient for the Templars command, hitting and wounding their preferred targets on 2s. They also unlock the awesome Aetherwings ability. Thanks to advice from this thread, my usual Templars lists contain an Enchantress and Cogs to give the Evobomb great reach, but obviously I'm sacrificing that (and a Ballista) to have this (hopefully) triple threat list. What do people think? Am I being too greedy and diverse?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Astral Templars
Knight-Heraldor (100)
- General
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters 
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate 
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
10 x Evocators (440)
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 125