AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Next game i will play vs Seraphon summon list 1 engine slann skins and Monster mass list.

I Will try a Nautilar list mix of infantry and eels list. 

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Dhom-Hain
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep(280)
- General
Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea (440)
- Lore of the Deeps: Steed of Tides
Isharann Soulscryer (100)
10 x Namarti Thralls (140)
3 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (160)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)
Akhelian Leviadon (380)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

My plan is deep strike both infantry units with  soulscryer. And try to kill the engine or slann as fast i can.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:09 PM, Curzex said:

Hi guys, yesterday i play vs Stormcast. I just win so fast, my club dont want to play vs idoneth, they think we are OP.

What  can  I do? 

I just have 12 eels 1 shark turtle volturnos and one king, 1 caster and 1 Aspect of sea. 

Should i just buy suboptimal infantry? Or dont play with fuethan?

Thx.

@Kitty wrote about playing to your respective community. That‘s imo definitely the way to go. 

What you could also, but in the same spirit do is, to help your club built more competitive lists. That way you can have fluffy games if you want (where everyone cuts back) or „harder“ ones, where you go all out - but everyone with good lists, not just you. Some factions basically built themselves, others need more tinkering. Help them, get better together!

• Like 1

Since I just finished painting them up yesterday here's a quick shot of my 2000 points of Deepkin:

image.png.1d978bc673e937e468ce27ebc0aeab01.png

Akhelian King (240) - General
Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (400)
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
10 x Namarti Thralls (140)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (280)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)
Akhelian Leviadon (380)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 106

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Since I just finished painting them up yesterday here's a quick shot of my 2000 points of Deepkin:

image.png.1d978bc673e937e468ce27ebc0aeab01.png

Akhelian King (240) - General
Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (400)
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (280)
Akhelian Leviadon (380)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 106

Looking good, like the color choices. From those pictures it looks like maybe a bit more highlighting would really make things pop a bit more.

• Like 1

Thank you! Yep absolutely, the overall finish especially on the aelves is quite dull and I might go back and highlight at some point, the primary goal initially was to get to some level of paintedness across everything.

But telling myself that gloom-dwelling seafolk would be dimly lit around the edges anyway did help me get on with things at least! ?

16 hours ago, Curzex said:

Thanks all.

I will try play some different list. 

A mix of infantry and eels list. Dhom hain or nautilar. I always play the shark. Maybe i buy another one.

I have a question? After Faq turtle make 12 shoots or 6? I think is 12, 6 per weapon.

15 hours ago, Kitty said:

12 :)

This is now 12!    Is it because it says pair of launchers, and each has 6, isn't it normally shown as 12, in other listings?    Think this is a mistake?    Seems like they meant 6 when the shark is 3, and has 1 launcher.

Just wondering.

Edited by Nerdkingdan

13 minutes ago, Edwang said:

it is 12. check the description for the turtle and faq please

Check. It is 6. 

Now I invite you to read the core rules and associated faq.

A model can't attack with the same weapon multiple times even if it said it has 999 blades (like the famous skaven pestilent monk usually quoted)

Edited by kozokus

23 hours ago, Curzex said:

Next game i will play vs Seraphon summon list 1 engine slann skins and Monster mass list.

- General
Akhelian Leviadon (380)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

My plan is deep strike both infantry units with  soulscryer. And try to kill the engine or slann as fast i can.

very interested to see how deepstriking thralls works for you as opposed to using them as screens. I'm hoping for a follow-up on how it went.....

Btw

Trying to make a 1500 tournament list

What would you prefer between :

volturnos 280

2x3 ishlqen 2x3 morsarr 1 allopex 1 leviadon---Akhelian bataillon

2drop but wasted artefacts

and

volturnos 280

eidolon of storm with cloud 400

3x3ishlaen 2x3 morsarr 

80 points left so an extra cp but 7 drop army

Edited by kozokus

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Check. It is 6. 

Now I invite you to read the core rules and associated faq.

A model can't attack with the same weapon multiple times even if it said it has 999 blades (like the famous skaven pestilent monk usually quoted)

You are right sir.  it is 6. my bad

for the 1500 army, I prefer 7 drops if I were you. it allows me to see how enemy set up so I can prepare and get everything in to position.  

Hey everyone, playing around with some lists currently, came up with the following, appreciate any feedback or comments, aiming to be competitive.

+++ Idoneth Deepkin (Age of Sigmar) [2000pts] +++

+ Allegiance +
 Idoneth Deepkin: Fuethán

+ Leader +

Volturnos: General - Akhelian

Isharann Soulscryer

Isharann Tidecaster

Isharann Tidecaster

+ Battleline +

Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 6 Ishlaen Guard, Akhelian Guard Command Group

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 9 Morrsarr Guard, Akhelian Guard Command Group

+ Behemoth +

Akhelian Leviadon

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Has anyone had any experience running the Alliance of Wood and Sea battalion? I'm thinking about picking up the Start Collecting: Sylvaneth box and run the battalion + Volturnos at 2k, but given that you lose access to the Sylvaneth spells and artifacts, as well as the free wyldwood and teleportation, I'm not sold on it.

I'd run it even if it was moderately effective, since I would absolutely love to paint up the sylvaneth like coral, and use the deathworld forest terrain for custom wyldwoods.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine

10 hours ago, Shinzra said:

Hey everyone, playing around with some lists currently, came up with the following, appreciate any feedback or comments, aiming to be competitive.

+++ Idoneth Deepkin (Age of Sigmar) [2000pts] +++

+ Allegiance +
 Idoneth Deepkin: Fuethán

+ Leader +

Volturnos: General - Akhelian

Isharann Soulscryer

Isharann Tidecaster

Isharann Tidecaster

+ Battleline +

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 9 Morrsarr Guard, Akhelian Guard Command Group

+ Behemoth +

Akhelian Leviadon

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

I would split at least one unit of Ish

I'd also consider drop go down to 3x3 Ish and drop one off the 100 point characters for the battalion with a shark

Edited by newsun

6 minutes ago, Shinzra said:

Anyone have any tips on the Akhelian eel bases and best way to build them, they look to be annoying to build.

Loctite power flex, specifically power flex for that matter. Its a super glue that does not become brittle. Creates a bond that is stronger than the plastic these things are build out of. I have glued a broken sword back with loctite and the hand ended up bending before the sword had a chance to break off again.

Takes a while to glue them with that stuff though. Try balancing the stem onto the eel for a good 15 minutes before touching it. I use paint bottles to balance stuff.

Edited by Kugane

24 minutes ago, Shinzra said:

Anyone have any tips on the Akhelian eel bases and best way to build them, they look to be annoying to build.

If you're in the U.S. check out the magnetbaron.com  . Very cheap option to magnetize a better clear post to the base and then the post to the eel.  I used them, and it's really the best way to go.  What's really cool is you can rotate the eel on the base,  making it easier when you want to deploy the bases the long way to make a longer screen with defensive eels. 

On 8/5/2018 at 9:51 AM, Curzex said:

- General
Akhelian Leviadon (380)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

How did this work out? I think it’s a core of a nice list apart from I’m not sold on the aspect of sea. Him plus cogs is 25% of the army. Maybe tidecaster, battalion then 6 more eels would give the army more punch. 

1 hour ago, annarborhawk said:

If you're in the U.S. check out the magnetbaron.com  . Very cheap option to magnetize a better clear post to the base and then the post to the eel.  I used them, and it's really the best way to go.  What's really cool is you can rotate the eel on the base,  making it easier when you want to deploy the bases the long way to make a longer screen with defensive eels. 

Hey cheers for the suggestion, Has anyone tried vice drilling holes and just glue the stems in that way?, would that work?

57 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

How did this work out? I think it’s a core of a nice list apart from I’m not sold on the aspect of sea. Him plus cogs is 25% of the army. Maybe tidecaster, battalion then 6 more eels would give the army more punch. 

Aspect of the Sea tends to do as much for me as my 6 eels every game I play.  Works best to use him aggressively which I dont see most people doing.

Edit:  I do feel like cogs are kind of a waste with us though, maybe if you keep the tidecaster back casting spells it could be okay but if you do that you can realistically only cast Arcane Corrasion each turn anyway so not sure what the point of them would be?  We really dont need the 2" move.

Edited by Drofnum

Right now I'm planning out my 2k list as I build up my initial buy and finishing painting some units. I'm trying to include most models from the range, and I'm feeling like the Leviadon completes the feel and uniqueness of the army more than the Eidolon, and I was having trouble fitting both, so I got something like this.

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin (enclave tbd)

LEADERS Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280) - General

Isharann Tidecaster (100) - Lore of the Deeps : Arcane Corrasion (artifact tbd)

Isharann Soulscryer (100) (artifact tbd)

UNITS

3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)

9 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (480)

10 x Namarti Reavers (140)

BEHEMOTHS

Akhelian Leviadon (380)

BATTALIONS

Akhelian Corps (100)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 110 LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/2 ALLIES: 0/400

I get to include the awesome shark model with the excuse that its' for the battalion, and I get every model in the range besides the Eidolon, soulrender and Lotann, and I still have a punchy eel unit and a tanky one to screen/soak, with some bodies on the ground to claim objectives or blend some infantry. Magic is light but still there, and I even got to squeeze a soulscryer in for fun.

Any suggestions or tweaks ? Only thing I could think of changing is switching the eel ratios, but its hard with the odd point values.

Also which enclave should I run? I'm painting them as Ionrach but will use whatever. Dhom-hain for re-roll or maybe Nautilar ?