AoS 2 - Soulblight Discussion

RuneBrush

1 minute ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

what more do you need? It has soulblight, deadwalkers and deathrattle, it is exactly the vampire counts xD

I know lol but what about Arkhan, Morghasts , Mortis Engine etc... I just want more info because if Morghasts are just Ossiarchs that would suck ...love those models 

Edited by Lich King
  • Thanks 1

“Leading legions of the undead in their conquest are the Vampire Lords, frighteningly powerful,”

hopefully this means vampire lords are getting a serious stat boost and I pray blood knights will actually be good, make them 500 for 5 if they have to. In oldhammer they were perhaps the most devasting cavalry unit on the charge. I’d quite like them to be so again. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, El Syf said:

“Leading legions of the undead in their conquest are the Vampire Lords, frighteningly powerful,”

hopefully this means vampire lords are getting a serious stat boost and I pray blood knights will actually be good, make them 500 for 5 if they have to. In oldhammer they were perhaps the most devasting cavalry unit on the charge. I’d quite like them to be so again. 

i have mixed feelings about that since i have 20 blood knights but i also do hope they are terrors on the field. Vampire lords do need a jiuce injection though, i agree on that

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 3

Also more generic zombies that aren’t as silly as the warhammer quest ones! Zombies have never been my cup of tea but I know the quest ones rubbed people up the wrong way. 

I find it quite hilarious that the undead seem to have the most horses in the game!

Give me Abhorash and take my money games workshop!

Edited by El Syf
  • Like 1

I picked the wrong gw preview event to (literally) sleep on!  The gravelords look amazing, and I couldn't be more excited, even if it seems likely that one of my favorite units (grave guard) might get retired.  Still, the newskittles & zombies look fantastic, and the new blood knights and fell bats even more so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

I picked the wrong gw preview event to (literally) sleep on!  The gravelords look amazing, and I couldn't be more excited, even if it seems likely that one of my favorite units (grave guard) might get retired.  Still, the newskittles & zombies look fantastic, and the new blood knights and fell bats even more so.

to be fair, the new skeletons are hella beefy, they could be as strong as grave guards (having 2 chaff infantry was kinda of a shame) so maybe now they are the elite-ish ones and the zombies are the actual chaff. Anyone else listening to simphony of the night prologue in loop?

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

Oh, yeah, if grave guard are getting dropped, but skeletons beefed up to differentiate them from zombies, I abdolutely agree that would bee a good choice for the faction overall.  Also I noticed this bit in the preview article:

"You can find all the warscrolls for these units in the new Soulblight Gravelords battletome, packed with updated lore, battleplans, and more. It’s stuffed to bursting with a wealth of content for Nagash’s undead legions too, so budding generals of the Death grand alliance definitely won’t want to miss it."

So it seems the legions might not be as dead as I thought, and there may be a side allegiance that drops some of the vampire stuff but maybe keeps access to nagash, arkhan, morghasts, etc.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So in the preview they mentioned “loads of new units” which insinuates that this isn’t all we’ll there’ll be for Gravelords. Either way, the new stuff looks sick!

Yeah they pretty much confirmed in Facebook that there's more to come.

This won’t be everyone’s bag but I hope they somehow can do the fear mechanic for AoS that made the army really thematic in the old days. Yes most of the units were appalling but if an enemy failed a fear test things got interesting...

• Like 1

Seriously, this release/faction looks amazing.  I couldn't be more excited.  The aesthetic is perfect, even the zombies with plots of land on their backs look good mixed in with more upright models that just have some roots sticking out,  the fell bats look so, so good.  The lady vamp blood knight with the banner is everything I could gave hoped for, and the mounted wight king is still maybe my favorite undead model gw's ever made.  Just, stunning all round.  Spectacular.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I have 4 order armys and i gonna buy for first time a no order army.

But i feel something missing. Many trash units as zombis,skeletons,bata etc and a cavalry unit. But where are the elite infantry units as foot vampires or the wolfman of cursed city? Where is the little monster as the vargulf? Where is the big badass centerpiece as vampirelord on dragon?

Yes all we have seen is great but something is missing i hope

9 minutes ago, Doko said:

But i feel something missing. Many trash units as zombis,skeletons,bata etc and a cavalry unit. But where are the elite infantry units as foot vampires or the wolfman of cursed city? Where is the little monster as the vargulf? Where is the big badass centerpiece as vampirelord on dragon?

they've basically showed the new stuff that is mostly linked to Cursed City. 

Since there is some kind of rat flavour in the army and there are rat swarms in cursed city, maybe bat swarms are being dropped in favour of those...

There is a dire wolf on the cover so new dire wolfs would be really nice.

Zombie Dragon is probably not going anywhere and if its somewhat compatible with blood knights that would be really nice for variety.

And as for Cursed City, the Vargskyr has stats, so it could be introduced into the battletome  

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/19/you-can-use-all-of-the-cursed-city-models-in-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

As previously said, I believe main the main unknown stuff that  remains is:

- what's going to happen with graveguard?

- what happens with Ossiarch and Nighthaunt units (specially the ones on the battletome, morghast, legion black coach, etc)

- Mortis engine / Bloodseeker Palanquin / Coven Throne

- wich of the (quite old sculps) units that were not shown are getting dropped or renewed (Bat Swarm, Dire Wolfs)

20 minutes ago, Doko said:

Nothing is missing - these releases will be grouped in with the Legions of Nagash range - plus some warscrolls from Cursed City and Underworlds and you have a completely developed range.

Okay, I love everything. GW knocking it out the park. Bit worried for my 100 skellies though. What do you think the place for our old bonies will be in this newfangled force? Do you think they'll even have a place? I'm thinking of flogging them off for the new goodness but if they've still got a place... just don't know. 

6 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Okay, I love everything. GW knocking it out the park. Bit worried for my 100 skellies though. What do you think the place for our old bonies will be in this newfangled force? Do you think they'll even have a place? I'm thinking of flogging them off for the new goodness but if they've still got a place... just don't know. 

I'm in the same boat. The old skelly kit holds up great and I'll be so bummed if they are squatted like all the cities stuff. Those new ones are 100% bigger base sizes so my hope is they are new grave guard. Otherwise us skeleton players have a LOT of rebasing to do...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Yeah I’m in a similar position, I’m probably GW’s perfect customer; already have loads of skegs and a full vampire count army but going to ignore that and start afresh lolz.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Skeleton warriors are getting new models, but there's no reason you couldn't continue to use your existing models.  They maybe won't be as armored as they should be, but that's not a bit deal.  Grave guard are more of an issue, they may or may not still exist as a unit.  If not, then I guess you could keep using them as skeletons too, though we haven't seen any new skeletons with great weapons.

I personally love the new skeleton and zombie models, but I won't be replacing my existing models any time soon.  Stimulus checks not withstanding, covid has not been kind to my hobby budget and I doubt I'm alone in that.  I'll definitely be picking up the mounted wight king and the new battle tome.  Beyond that, I might get some blood knights, since I don't have any, and maybe some of the new units, but I won't be updating any units I already have apart from maybe the fell bats.  At least not right away.

• Like 2