AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Tasman said:

Yeah, he's pretty much a staple with the PTWB.

I'm assuming that you're playing this in non-competitive settings. The PTWB only exists in the Everchosen battletome. Therefore, it is impossible to legally build a match play list as all of your units, excepting those with the 'ever chosen' keyword would count as allies.?

Still, it's fun for practice games and 'just playing'.

How? I Asked Here if I Could use This battallion under The ga:Chaos, is not legal?

1 minute ago, peasant said:

How? I Asked Here if I Could use This battallion under The ga:Chaos, is not legal?

There's been quite a bit of discussion about it. Whether or not the fact  that the battalion is listed under "everchosen" makes it alliance specific to that. Meaning, of course, that all other factions without everchosen keyword would then count as being ally choices. GW is going to have to answer this in the near future. No problem, as far as I'm concerned in casual play. But it's pretty much been killed in the competitive (tournament) scene.

9 minutes ago, peasant said:

Ok, I checked, its legal Because That battallion Belongs to grand Alliance Chaos too

The faqs per the update on GW site:

Pages 46-156 – Khorne Bloodbound, Daemons of Khorne, Tzeentch Arcanites, Daemons of Tzeentch, Nurgle Rotbringers and Daemons of Nurgle
These warscrolls are no longer used. They have been replaced with the warscrolls in
Battletome: Blades of Khorne, Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch and Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle.

Also, the PTWB never appeared in the GA chaos book. Only in the Everchosen  battletome. PTWB as we know it seems to be dead.

I'm hoping that GW resolves this soon.

Afaik, @peasant is playing his army with Chaos allegiance instead of Nurgle... which is absolutely fine. (as per FAQ, all battalions belong to the corresponding grand alliance as well as their faction)

There are some misunderstanding going around here... @Tasman

Edited by Xasz
  • Thanks 1

Well plaguetouched performs Good in My opinion. Next I Want to try The munificient Wanderers...

Allegiance: Nurgle maggotkin
Gutrot Spume (140)
Sorcerer (120)
Lord of Plagues (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
Plague Cyst (200)
The Munificent Wanderers (100)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 107

+1 CP +1 artifact, Still 1 drop. The -1 to hit in combat is Very Good but Maybe We Can replicate That Defense with The extra artifact, and The Save 1s reroll

Had an idea for a feculant gnarlmaw, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger customizing one of the two I have left to build (largely because they are expensive and hard to come by) so i figured I'd post the idea here and get other opinions before I pull the tigger.  Basically I would build the tree, then hack it apart to make a stump similar to the image.  Just not sure how good it would look because the tree is gorgeous, but it would mix it up rather than having 3 similar ones.

service-stump-grinding.jpg

images.jpeg

It seems that plague drones are the favoured of the two, but I Just finished up my second game with 4 pusgoyles in a unit, so far they’ve been my MVP both games. Their movement, durability and attacks (when buffed by a GUO) Just kept me in the game against a strong witch elf list. Not sure there has been an Occassion where I’d have rathered the drones get as I have only been able to get 3-4 max into combat anyway. Definitely a viable option for those deciding whether to give them a go. 

Been having some success with my mixed Pestilens list but looking to make some changes - the Plague Priest I’ve been running isn’t doing much so changing him out, and looking to switch the unit of 10 Plaguebearers which leaves a quite a few points. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the remaining 320 points here, including 1 battleline? Marauders maybe? Would like to have at least 1 extra CP.

Cheers!!

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Verminlord Corruptor (220)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Plague Furnace (180)
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Total: 1680 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 6
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 166

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Been having some success with my mixed Pestilens list but looking to make some changes - the Plague Priest I’ve been running isn’t doing much so changing him out, and looking to switch the unit of 10 Plaguebearers which leaves a quite a few points. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the remaining 320 points here, including 1 battleline? Marauders maybe? Would like to have at least 1 extra CP.

Cheers!!

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Verminlord Corruptor (220)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Plague Furnace (180)
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Festus The Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Total: 1680 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 6
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 166

Well for me the obvious is another unit of Kings......That still leaves 160 pts for something else. Gutrot and an extra 20 for an endless spell, or cogs and 2 cps.....there's quite a bit that you can do here actually. Marauders at 200 and another sorcerer?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Well for me the obvious is another unit of Kings......That still leaves 160 pts for something else. Gutrot and an extra 20 for an endless spell, or cogs and 2 cps.....there's quite a bit that you can do here actually. Marauders at 200 and another sorcerer?

Legend, thanks for the ideas. I think taking Kings and Cogs is what I’ll try first, GUO boosting everything across the board or rerolling saves will be massive to get those buffed up rats shredding stuff. Will need those 2CP to stop 15 rats running turn 1. 

Edited by 5kaven5lave

I am starting an escalation league this week starting at 500 points. 

I was thinking about either:

poxbringer of nurgle (120)

- witherstave

- Favoured poxes

30 x plaguebearers (320)

chromatic cogs (60)

or

gutrot spume (140)

Putrid blightkings (160)

Plague drones (200)

to max on contagion points and summon a poxbringer/plaguebearers potentially on turn 2?

Any thoughts or improvements would be appreciated 

16 minutes ago, Strackonan said:

I am starting an escalation league this week starting at 500 points. 

I was thinking about either:

poxbringer of nurgle (120)

- witherstave

- Favoured poxes

30 x plaguebearers (320)

chromatic cogs (60)

or

gutrot spume (140)

Putrid blightkings (160)

Plague drones (200)

to max on contagion points and summon a poxbringer/plaguebearers potentially on turn 2?

Any thoughts or improvements would be appreciated 

You dont need 2 battlelines even at 500?  I prefer The 2nd but I would Change gutrot for a Lord of Plagues. Gutrot is Awesome but I think is Better in These games to Keep Special Characters out

10 hours ago, BlancoNino said:

Had an idea for a feculant gnarlmaw, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger customizing one of the two I have left to build (largely because they are expensive and hard to come by) so i figured I'd post the idea here and get other opinions before I pull the tigger.  Basically I would build the tree, then hack it apart to make a stump similar to the image.  Just not sure how good it would look because the tree is gorgeous, but it would mix it up rather than having 3 similar ones.

service-stump-grinding.jpg

images.jpeg

It would be a shame to carve one of them up, could you scratch build it? Some floral wire and plaster wrap made some very simple Nurgle trees for me.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:02 AM, Tasman said:

Yeah, he's pretty much a staple with the PTWB.

I'm assuming that you're playing this in non-competitive settings. The PTWB only exists in the Everchosen battletome. Therefore, it is impossible to legally build a match play list as all of your units, excepting those with the 'ever chosen' keyword would count as allies.?

Still, it's fun for practice games and 'just playing'.

They already fixed that problem long time ago.

The FAQ said if all models from a battalion fulfill "X" the battalion becomes "X".

In this case it would get the "Nurgle" Keyword.

If we follow the rules from Pg.240 it's even more clear.

It shows that the only thing that matters is the "Organisation" field which says 1 Nurgle Hero, 7 Nurgle units.

Wherever you find the warscroll is not relevant.

So it's absolutely fine to play the plaquetouched in pitched battles.

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

They already fixed that problem long time ago.

The FAQ said if all models from a battalion fulfill "X" the battalion becomes "X".

In this case it would get the "Nurgle" Keyword.

If we follow the rules from Pg.240 it's even more clear.

It shows that the only thing that matters is the "Organisation" field which says 1 Nurgle Hero, 7 Nurgle units.

Wherever you find the warscroll is not relevant.

So it's absolutely fine to play the plaquetouched in pitched battles.

Check the latest FAQ.   There should be no more ambiguity.   PTWB models are allies everywhere but Everchosen and GA:C.  It does not matter that the PTWB units are Nurgle,  they are still allies. 

50 minutes ago, grungolah said:

Check the latest FAQ.   There should be no more ambiguity.   PTWB models are allies everywhere but Everchosen and GA:C.  It does not matter that the PTWB units are Nurgle,  they are still allies. 

Grungola is correct. Only GA: Chaos for PTWB. Everchosen I don’t think works because the Varanguard are marked in the hero phase, not upon setup. Even if they count, that’d be over 2k for varanguard and everchosen heroes, pretty much no matter how you slice it. Even if you can include allied heroes as the required HQ selections (which I don’t think you can)

2 hours ago, grungolah said:

Oh thx for the enlightenment.

So Everchosen Battalions in chaos armies only

1 hour ago, Luke1705 said:

Grungola is correct. Only GA: Chaos for PTWB. Everchosen I don’t think works because the Varanguard are marked in the hero phase, not upon setup. Even if they count, that’d be over 2k for varanguard and everchosen heroes, pretty much no matter how you slice it. Even if you can include allied heroes as the required HQ selections (which I don’t think you can)

That's interesting.  I'm not familiar with the idea of "hq selections."  is this something in the Everchosen tome?