AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

If you look a the latest faq for gaunt summoner, and specifically the ability change for his summon demons. I would put money on some sort of 'realmgate' being our scenery piece along with endless spells.

That would be incredible but can you imagine the points increase on him? If every game he bought a 200 point unit to the board? Then again. Flesh eaters do it. So maybe?

23 minutes ago, obmik1 said:

That would be incredible but can you imagine the points increase on him? If every game he bought a 200 point unit to the board? Then again. Flesh eaters do it. So maybe?

in all fairness, if you use the GW terrain scrolls, there's nothing stopping you doing it now. Problem is, its almost a given that scenery dice are used 99% of the time which is a shame - a lot of the GW terrain scrolls add an awesome dynamic/layer to the game. The other issue is having to have a pre game debate with the person that you are playing to agree to something that would potentially disadvantage them so yeah, hopefully we get a deployable terrain piece that removes that debate. I also cant see the gaunt going up any higher then he already is however, the summoner with familiars is easily worth 200pts imo... anything higher, i wouldnt take him i dont think

Edited by CountryMou3e

So I had a game the other night against a stormcast player that turned sour pretty quickly, this is the first time in several years of hobby that I’ve had a ‘bad’ game, it ended up with him packing his models away at the end of turn two and refusing to play anymore because I was cheating. He had a gripe with me not taking shield Tzaangors off after using their six up ward save despite the warscroll saying it’s fine (I’ve been playing Tzeentch since they dropped and I know this used to be the case but changed with their most recent warscroll), and he also got extremely angry when I used the pink horrors banner to take them above their starting size, which I thought since the banner says ‘add’ and not ‘return’ was fine too. Is there anything in the faqs that reflects ‘add’ can take units above starting sizes? I’ve had a look but cannot find anything this far. 

16 minutes ago, Jackroks981 said:

So I had a game the other night against a stormcast player that turned sour pretty quickly, this is the first time in several years of hobby that I’ve had a ‘bad’ game, it ended up with him packing his models away at the end of turn two and refusing to play anymore because I was cheating. He had a gripe with me not taking shield Tzaangors off after using their six up ward save despite the warscroll saying it’s fine (I’ve been playing Tzeentch since they dropped and I know this used to be the case but changed with their most recent warscroll), and he also got extremely angry when I used the pink horrors banner to take them above their starting size, which I thought since the banner says ‘add’ and not ‘return’ was fine too. Is there anything in the faqs that reflects ‘add’ can take units above starting sizes? I’ve had a look but cannot find anything this far. 

haha sad to hear you had a ****** game mate. You did nothing wrong with the tzangors or the banner, you allocate wounds as you wish to units and the banner can take pinks above their starting unit size.

just dont play that person again :)

26 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Yep, Tzaangor shields work like Stormcast shields now, you don't need to allocate to them to use their abilities.

Do you know where I can find this? The warscrolls on the GW site aren’t clear enough and we’ve been ruling it the old way. 

Just now, Lughaidh said:

Do you know where I can find this? The warscrolls on the GW site aren’t clear enough and we’ve been ruling it the old way. 

So the old wording from the DoT book was: "Arcanite Shield: Roll a dice before allocating a wound or mortal wound to a model that has an Arcanite Shield. On a roll of 6, the shield deflects the damage and the wound is ignored."

But the new wording which was updated with the Beasts of Chaos battletome is: "Roll a dice each time you allocate a wound or mortal wound to a friendly Tzaangors unit that has any models armed with Arcanite Shields. On a 6+ that wound or mortal wound is negated."

So as long as you have a shield in the unit, the whole unit benefits, just as with Stormcast.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lughaidh said:

@AverageBoss thanks!  I checked Azyr and apparently they’re updated there. What about Kairic Acolytes? They have Arcanite Shield ability also but the wording is the old way in both Azyr and GW site. 

They have not changed. The only reason Tzaangors, Skyfire, Enlightened, and Shamans changed was because they were all reprinted in Beasts of Chaos with new rules, stats, and points values that were made retroactive for Disciples.

Hey All

As a new player, i am slowly building my Tzeentch army, but sometimes it hard to figure out how to get most out of my models ;)

I have bought 2 cases of Enlightened/Skyfire, and cant figure out how to build em.
Would i get most of em as skyfires or Enlightened?

The rest of my army so far looks like this:
Tzaangor Shaman
Harald (Build to be either of the 3, foot, disc or chariot)
Gaunt Summoner
20 Pink Horrors
20 Tzaangors
3 Screamers
3 Flamers
1 Exalted Flamer (Build to be either stand alone, or on chariot)

Enlightened on disks are just amazing right now. Especially if you have plenty of chaff to protect them.  Will probably see a price hike in the next Generals handbook, but they'd have to go up a huge amount to become bad.  The damage output when they have their re-rolls active is unreal and they aren't even that squishy (for the points cost).

Skyfires are a different kettle of fish entirely, possibly slightly over-costed at the moment but they give you lots of options that Tzeentch doesn't otherwise get (massive range shooting and fast counter-attacking force in CC.).

Another option if you have any spare Tzaangor bits is to build Skyfires (on disks) and use the spare spear arms and head bits to make some Enlightened on foot (also a good option).

Basically, it's all good :)

I totally with Magnus. I would add that I magnetized the tzaangors on discs so I can run both as I wish. It is fairly easy with 2*1mm magnets that you glue on the little plastic bit behind the chest by just cutting half of it.
Moreover, I plan to run them in 40k in my Tousand Sons army where the bows are better than the spears. 
So go for magnets!

1 hour ago, Asimov said:

I totally with Magnus. I would add that I magnetized the tzaangors on discs so I can run both as I wish. It is fairly easy with 2*1mm magnets that you glue on the little plastic bit behind the chest by just cutting half of it.
Moreover, I plan to run them in 40k in my Tousand Sons army where the bows are better than the spears. 
So go for magnets!

As long as you don't run into THAT guy who complains about them having no quivers (or Enlightened having quivers). A friend told me about that when he visited a local GW, apparently there really are such people around! 😂

16 hours ago, MitGas said:

As long as you don't run into THAT guy who complains about them having no quivers (or Enlightened having quivers). A friend told me about that when he visited a local GW, apparently there really are such people around! 😂

I magnetised the quivers x)

1 hour ago, Asimov said:

I magnetised the quivers x)

You're pretty handy then! I didn't glue that part yet as my Disc Tzaangors are still unprimed plastic but I'm not sure how if I will pull it off with the tiny Enlightened parts (scrolls, dagger, etc.). Seems pretty damn hard. 

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

You're pretty handy then! I didn't glue that part yet as my Disc Tzaangors are still unprimed plastic but I'm not sure how if I will pull it off with the tiny Enlightened parts (scrolls, dagger, etc.). Seems pretty damn hard. 

I cut the plastic bit on the back of the mini and then drill for a 2*1mm magnet. On the quivers/scrolls/daggers there is a hole already, you just need to make it a bit bigger. The magnets are poping out a bit, but once put together it is unoticable. I can take a picture once at home if you like

I found the hardest part was drill the feet to have them magnetizd on the discs. It is hard to have them balanced. 

Edited by Asimov

9 minutes ago, j0lt said:

I'm going towards working on a Demons only project and just wanted to know if there are any tricks for what to build out of the Start Collecting DoT box? Can't help but want to paint bright coloured stuff!

One nice trick is to use the Disk from the chariot to convert up either blue scribes (letting you still make both the exalted flamer and herald on foot) or a herald on disk. Both versions of the chariot are in a bad place at the moment, but both blue scribes and herald on disk are solid. If you get your hands on some flying bases it's also easy enough to use the screamers bulling the chariot as separate screamers. 

3 hours ago, Asimov said:

I cut the plastic bit on the back of the mini and then drill for a 2*1mm magnet. On the quivers/scrolls/daggers there is a hole already, you just need to make it a bit bigger. The magnets are poping out a bit, but once put together it is unoticable. I can take a picture once at home if you like

I found the hardest part was drill the feet to have them magnetizd on the discs. It is hard to have them balanced. 

Just shows me how dumb I am - I never thought about just cutting away the round shape and replace it with a magnet... magnetizing the tzaangors to the discs - I totally believe you how hard that is... it's already quite annoying to have them stay in place with normal glue. I think I'll steal that idea from you with magnetizing the accessoires, that seems manageable, but I guess mine will be fixed to the discs with plastic glue when the time comes (I've currently fixated them with a tiny bit of superglue so that I can take it apart when it's time to paint them...).

I have a question, the split rule for when pink horrors die is on the blue horrors warscroll, does this mean that in order to gain blue horror points/take petty vengeance that i need to have at least one unit of blue horrors in my army? Same question pertains to brimstone horrors as well since the split rule for blues is on their warscroll. It just seems very strange to me that the pinks don't have the rule on their warscroll and I want to know for sure before potentially getting called out by other players for doing something I'm not supposed to.

12 hours ago, Clise said:

I have a question, the split rule for when pink horrors die is on the blue horrors warscroll, does this mean that in order to gain blue horror points/take petty vengeance that i need to have at least one unit of blue horrors in my army? Same question pertains to brimstone horrors as well since the split rule for blues is on their warscroll. It just seems very strange to me that the pinks don't have the rule on their warscroll and I want to know for sure before potentially getting called out by other players for doing something I'm not supposed to.

No you don't need to have them in your list. They are like that as a holdover from first edition where most summoning rules were listed on the unit being summoned rather than the unit doing the summoning.

It was me that won the tournament in Denmark, I'm gonna make a battledeport in Danish that I can link to (a crazy language), but here is my list.

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
- 7x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 3x Cursed Glaives
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
- 7x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 3x Cursed Glaives

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (280)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (280)

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

I can make a small writeup about the games later, and fell free to ask about anything 😉

Edited by xanderhansen