Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

Any succesful tournament lists from the months after GHB19? I can't seem to find any dating after Spring. 

Not really, but it seems that there are some absic combos in use:

Aborrhant Arch regent & Crypt Horrors & Terrorgheist

Several Terrorgheists and Zombidragons with Ghoul Kings, supported by Crypt Flayers

The army supports many different play styles, that do not need to be mixed wthin itself, that's what I like atm. We can clearly go for "fleshed" out plans to play the strategy.


What really rally really buggs me is, that the f**king Aborrhant Arch Regent has not yet been released as a single model, but is very important as a hero for the army. And we can not tell, if it will ever come... .

Such as the Bombardier ( Skaven ) didn't, the Arch Revenant ( Sylvaneth ) didnt...Khorgoraths ( Khorne ) didn't since release of AoS and even more models.

Guess GW shouldn't have to wonder, when 3D printed versions pop out of the "realms" soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Battlefury said:

What really rally really buggs me is, that the f**king Aborrhant Arch Regent has not yet been released as a single model, but is very important as a hero for the army. And we can not tell, if it will ever come... .

Such as the Bombardier ( Skaven ) didn't, the Arch Revenant ( Sylvaneth ) didnt...Khorgoraths ( Khorne ) didn't since release of AoS and even more models.

Guess GW shouldn't have to wonder, when 3D printed versions pop out of the "realms" soon.

This

Fun fact.  GW so dislikes 3D print scenery they don’t want any used (generic included) for their “recognized” games/tourneys/events.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know about some Miniatures that look like the old Mordheim humans and zombies, are from GW's range and affordable? 

I'd love to do ghoulish Townfolk, but I can't seem to find medieval humans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just gt one box of the Crypt Flayers / Crypt Horror for a good price and wonder what to do with them. Until now I don't have anything else from the army.

What would you suggest? Looking for a possibility to take on even heavier infantery, so I'd suggest the Flayers arer better for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Battlefury said:

What would you suggest?

If you‘re up against high armor saves, flayers are great... also their high mobility is very nice.

against hordes, horrors just smash everything.

both types are total glascannons and a unit of three is not much sturdier than 10 ghouls, but twice as expensive 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, IneptusAstartes said:

I already have a royal terrorgheist and an AGK (separate so it can be fielded as mounted or not). If I get another big monster, should I make it a zombie dragon or a second terrorgheist? Is there any reason to ever need a zombie dragon/AGK on zombie dragon?

Still looking for an answer, and another question...

Any idea how they removed the saddle on the zombie dragon?

175DB8AD-8AD1-4DDE-9047-446D1F1680BD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IneptusAstartes said:

Still looking for an answer, and another question...

Any idea how they removed the saddle on the zombie dragon?

175DB8AD-8AD1-4DDE-9047-446D1F1680BD.jpeg

I personally magnetized the head of my Zombie Dragon. The saddle I cut with a knife and built new spikes. If you need pictures, I can post some. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, IneptusAstartes said:

Still looking for an answer, and another question...

Any idea how they removed the saddle on the zombie dragon?

175DB8AD-8AD1-4DDE-9047-446D1F1680BD.jpeg

Cut it off and put Terrorgheist beck-Spikes into the gap.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

I personally magnetized the head of my Zombie Dragon. The saddle I cut with a knife and built new spikes. If you need pictures, I can post some. 

Would love to see that!

I don’t know if I trust myself with chopping up the spikes.... :s

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IneptusAstartes said:

Would love to see that!

I don’t know if I trust myself with chopping up the spikes.... :s

Here you go:

1.) the full model 

2.) where head and neck meet 

3.) magnet on the neck (side) 

4.) magnet on neck (front) 

5.) magnet on the head 

6.) the space where the saddle usually is 

(the Lord is magnetized too, as this is for Legion of Blood - I haven't done the Ghoul King and the Terrorgheist head as this is fairly new, but the place for the magnet on the Terrorgheist head is the same) 

It's easiest to drill a bit of a hole into the back of the two heads and put the magnet into it. With the neck I've modeled around it with Green Stuff. 

Hope this helps! 

 

20190827_222547.jpg

20190921_211815.jpg

20190921_211601.jpg

20190921_211556.jpg

20190921_211617.jpg

20190921_211700.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IneptusAstartes said:

Still looking for an answer, and another question...

To kinda answer that question, the zombiedragon is kinda inferior to a gheist in the current meta... (mathhammer, ymmv etc.)

BUT

if you run horrors and get his signature spell off, they reroll hit and wound, which is quite nice (great for ghouls too). Also his summoning brings you a vargheist, so his cost is 280+ 1 CP...  

Edited by Honk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thanks to Warcry I am dipping my toes into the FEC and I ordered a start collecting box.

The more I read about the army overall, the more interested I am in stepping outside of my Nurgle comfort zone and trying something that's faster and more damaging for games of AoS as well. I see a lot of suggestions and recommendations for full size 2000 point lists but does anyone have any good current recommendations for a smaller 1000 point or so force for Meeting Engagements or smaller games of AoS to be able to use my Warcry stuff in a full AoS game as well?

I have a Infernal Courtier and Ghast Courtier already and a SC box is on the way but that's it 

 

(Just a thousand points.. that's all... isn't that what we always tell ourselves in the beginning? 😆)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dew said:

Well thanks to Warcry I am dipping my toes into the FEC and I ordered a start collecting box.

The more I read about the army overall, the more interested I am in stepping outside of my Nurgle comfort zone and trying something that's faster and more damaging for games of AoS as well. I see a lot of suggestions and recommendations for full size 2000 point lists but does anyone have any good current recommendations for a smaller 1000 point or so force for Meeting Engagements or smaller games of AoS to be able to use my Warcry stuff in a full AoS game as well?

I have a Infernal Courtier and Ghast Courtier already and a SC box is on the way but that's it 

 

(Just a thousand points.. that's all... isn't that what we always tell ourselves in the beginning? 😆)

As a Nurgle and FEC player, welcome!

If you can get an Arch-Regent, get one. They gotta release it in a blister soon...i hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I own quite alot of FeC models and have played some 1k games (undefeated so far with 8 games under my belt) but....

My gaming meta is moving up toward 2k games and...i'm not sure how to expand my army.

Things i own:

2x Start collecting
1x Ghoul box 
2x Flayer/horror boxes
1x Varghulf

With what I own, how would you expand my army to 2k? please share several lists if you have played different once to great success. 
I'd like lists that have some punch, my meta is quit "competitive". please share details like court, artifacts etc..

Cheers
 

Edited by Kimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a FEC player, but honestly for them I'd just keep getting SC boxes! There are only two models not in the SC box which are the Varghulf and the new leader that hasn't yet had its own release outside of the duel battle box (and likely goes for a lot on ebay right now).  Now that new leader is a competitive model with its summoning elements, but at the same time its ebay price has likely inflated quite a lot for what its worth. 

So I'd keep getting SC boxes. 

Heck there's an option to take terrorghasts/vampiredragons as battleline (I forget if its both or one of them) so you can easily keep getting quite a few of the boxes to bulk up the army steadily. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kimbo With what you have I would go with getting the Abhorrant Archregent, the new leader Overread was talking about, some more Ghouls, the Endless Spells and the Charnel Throne. The list would look like this.

No Grand Court - Feast Day Delusion

Abhorrant Archregent

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist

Crypt Ghast Courtier

40x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

10x Ghouls

Chalice of Ushoran

Ghoul Patrol Battalion

 

You can summon in the Varghulf using the Archregent and then summon in Crypt Flayers or Crypt Horrors with the Terrorgheist

This puts you at 1930 points, you can buy a command point or you can add in another endless spell.

Edited by TheGrayKing
Added which Court Delusion to choose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow majestic Knights!

I have found this list that made 4-1 on the recent LONDON GT single and i wonder what you think about this one. It seems a bit unexpected and i might miss some of its strengh. Can someone teach me the do&dont and the secrettech ofthe list? (after all it might pack some power to make 4-1 in a 77 man tournament)

Thanks in adavce ❤️

 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- General
- Trait: Dark Acolyte - Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Horrors (150)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A question. With the Royal Mordants Battalion movement you can unlock and then still charge right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, kozokus said:

Hello fellow majestic Knights!

I have found this list that made 4-1 on the recent LONDON GT single and i wonder what you think about this one. It seems a bit unexpected and i might miss some of its strengh. Can someone teach me the do&dont and the secrettech ofthe list? (after all it might pack some power to make 4-1 in a 77 man tournament)

Thanks in adavce ❤️

 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- General
- Trait: Dark Acolyte - Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Horrors (150)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400

Okay, to start with, the choice of artefacts and spells are a little strange for me. The inclusion of the Ghoul king on foot even more. 

I am guessing he played objectives with lots of 10xghouls while trying to do max damage with Terrogheist and flayers?

For Summons with the Archregent I am unsure, maybe 20 ghouls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, kozokus said:

Hello fellow majestic Knights!

I have found this list that made 4-1 on the recent LONDON GT single and i wonder what you think about this one. It seems a bit unexpected and i might miss some of its strengh. Can someone teach me the do&dont and the secrettech ofthe list? (after all it might pack some power to make 4-1 in a 77 man tournament)

Thanks in adavce ❤️

 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- General
- Trait: Dark Acolyte - Monstrous Vigour
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Horrors (150)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400

 

32 minutes ago, lemonicus said:

Okay, to start with, the choice of artefacts and spells are a little strange for me. The inclusion of the Ghoul king on foot even more. 

I am guessing he played objectives with lots of 10xghouls while trying to do max damage with Terrogheist and flayers?

For Summons with the Archregent I am unsure, maybe 20 ghouls?

I think the artefacts are fine. I often take cloak on an AGKOTG. I can't say I agree with making the Varghulf a wizard general, but I suspect it is to allow greater mobility for use of command abilities, and extra magic doesn't hurt. I think I'd rather just give the AAR +2/+2 in that case though. 

With such a limited range of models native to the faction is isn't uncommon to end up with an awkward number of points left after you have chosen the core of the army. Sure, he could have removed the command point and the Pendulum and played a second AAR, or played 3 more flayers instead, but the AGK is essentially a 60 point wizard hero which requires some effort to kill due to a decent save and innate healing, which is perfectly reasonable. It also means 3, rather than 2, units can be summoned to pressure poorly defended areas of the battlefield which isn't a trivial difference. I suspect that aggressive summoning comes in tandem with the Flayer/AGK alpha strike. The Feast Day provides plenty of value and the cloak on the AGKOTG almost guarantees 4 activations from him before he is troubled by meaningful physical combat. 

You can also never discount the benefit of not playing a cookie cutter list. It is much harder for players to play against a plan that they have not faced many times already. 

I have not played this list so ultimately this is just first impression guesswork, and certainly not a guide - just to be clear! Haha. It is nice to see some different lists, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 9:28 PM, JCar09 said:

 

A question. With the Royal Mordants Battalion movement you can unlock and then still charge right?

If you have not run or (somehow) retreated earlier in the turn then you can charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...