AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

49 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.  

Bloodstoker doesn't need to do anything but unleash the Brazen Rune and whip those deadbeat mortals into fury; he's not meant to be a threat or distraction.  I agree, he will never be a priority target for most.

I think a Bloodsecrator with the big blob of Blood Warriors in a Vanguard detachment would be great, as the Goretide could let them run and charge plus 6" on the run, and the battalion bonus could let the Bloodsecrator run up 6" for free once to get him closer.  Any banner artefact on him would be good.  I'm gonna give that a try; I have 20 Gorefist BWs.  All out defense on them and that's a decent tank.  Heck, a Slaughterpriest could Bless them for a 6++ and they'd be super duper annoying!

Enemies can be clever, but so we can we.  That's the game, man!

i always think the enemy is clever than me because he knows what i know. he won't put valuable targets in range of a BW goretide bomb

It's a shame we have to take Blood Warriors in units of 10 now, I used to love just throwing a few out unsupported to get tied up in a weak enemy unit and stay there a round or two. My best performance with Blood Warriors came in a game vs Tzeentch where a unit of 5 tied up a unit of 20 Horrors because they couldn't hit the BWs and the BWs could never do enough damage to kill more than one or two. The saddest slapfight in Warhammer history, but it gave me time to move the rest of my army onto objectives. Khorne is king of Pyrrhic victories!

• Like 1

So I wanted to give my BW another go because I feel like I failed them by forgetting their fight on death and mw on saves but at the same time, dropping them down to reavers gives me enough points to turn my skullgrinder into a demon prince and that CA is very very nice.

Is the relative survivability of warriors better than I think or is a failed charge the best defense? Thoughts?

like always our best heroes are not from our battletomes :(

I use to run a slaughterborn battalion and kept winning by staying defensive after a little push on objectives .. my 30 BW was immortal and it was easy to maintain buffs and bubbles .. but now that we have to move it's very difficult. Now that there is this coherency rule and renforcement they should stop than WW 8" nonsense.

I made two games and my BW kept dying to mortal wounds :( No save against that !

Anyway, next i will rune a 9 mighty skullcrushers + 2*10 Bloodreavers to test this. it will be easier to do their job.

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

A priest with bless when they've got to get through 60 wounds could be something. But 740 points of just survivability doesn't seem that great really.

9 skullcrushers are 510 points. They inflict mortal wounds on charge and i'll bring a slaughterbrute with a chaos lord on daemonic mount to reroll hit on one with artefact mark of the slayer. I hope it will be solid damage, if my bloodsecrator is able to bring his as s and on the other side of the battle my daemon prince with soul grinder and flesh hound (i have enough points to switch 1 pack of bloodreavers for flesh hound). I'll test it this week end ! If i happen to clear a pack i could still use "rally" and pop up a few dead mighty skullcrushers !

Well I’ve gone full commit. Archaon on the way. 40 Marauders nib and 10 chaos knights to play around with in support.

The potential utility of all out def, bronzed flesh and mystic shield from Archaon has got to be the strongest weapon in our tool box. I’m planing to run Reapers with Skarbrand as my other threat. 1 slaughterpriest, bloodsecrator and wrathmongers in support.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

Well I’ve gone full commit. Archaon on the way. 40 Marauders nib and 10 chaos knights to play around with in support.

The potential utility of all out def, bronzed flesh and mystic shield from Archaon has got to be the strongest weapon in our tool box. I’m planing to run Reapers with Skarbrand as my other threat. 1 slaughterpriest, bloodsecrator and wrathmongers in support.

don't forget the battlelines

3 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

Yea just msu flesh hounds, maybe 20 Marauders. They’ll be screens for the most part.

marauders are not battleline, but if you have the space for msu flesh hounds ok. By the way as marauders can't be battleline you can only reinforce once so only 20 marauders maximum per unit

9 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

marauders are not battleline, but if you have the space for msu flesh hounds ok. By the way as marauders can't be battleline you can only reinforce once so only 20 marauders maximum per unit

Fortunately they have faqd coalition troops, they can be used as battleline. You’ll notice Marauders will come up as battleline in warscroll builder also. I was worried about this too initially.

4 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

Fortunately they have faqd coalition troops, they can be used as battleline. You’ll notice Marauders will come up as battleline in warscroll builder also. I was worried about this too initially.

They said : they cound as batteline except if the battlepack says otherwise .. and the battlepack in the GHB21 says they don't.

For Bloodreavers/Blood Warriors, is there a recommended weapon loadout? I have the SC box + 5 more Warriors with Gorefists, but was thinking about picking up some more and was thinking ahead to building with them.

31 minutes ago, Pyrk said:

For Bloodreavers/Blood Warriors, is there a recommended weapon loadout? I have the SC box + 5 more Warriors with Gorefists, but was thinking about picking up some more and was thinking ahead to building with them.

Would definitely go with axes on Bloodreavers. We have lots of ways to give them reroll ones (or better). No other ways to get that rend in though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Perturbato said:

They said : they cound as batteline except if the battlepack says otherwise .. and the battlepack in the GHB21 says they don't.

Ah ok, that’s disappointing. I wonder why they’ve done that. I don’t have my hands on my GHB yet. 

59 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

So one thing I realised today. The daemon prince can garrison in a skull alter. Making the range of his run debuff even bigger as you measure from the base of the building. Pretty handy.

I think I'll stick to the bloodsecrator but depending on mission and opponent that is very useful information.

Chaos Warriors with two Hand weapons and the new generic prayer that gives mortal wounds on a 6 to Hit could work verry nice. You can do this "fishing for 6's" thing because they have the full reroll on hits and the reroll prayers and additional attacks from Khorne boost this combo!

Boy I've got a chance to play some games coming up, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around Grand Strategies, Battle Tactics, and out new 1 prayer per Slaughter priest.
I guess some of the best prayers are now command abilities that everyone gets, so I can just blood boil or blood bind, but it feels like a hit.
As far as grand strategies I'm not thinking clearly about how to score one or deny my opponent from getting theirs. Also with the Battle tactics it seems like you score more if a monster does it. Incidentally I stopped playing monsters a while ago, that has to change.
The Battle line stuff threw me for a loop too. Its like I'm forced to take bloodrevers now. I used to like taking marauders or warriors, but they are no longer battle line.

I read a bit of the thread, and it looks like I'm in good company with struggling to make a list. I    think I'll just have to put any old models on the table and see how they do.

I think Skullreapers should still be good if they can survive shooting.

I can't believe Skullcrushers are any good. Niether blood warriors blood reavers nor Wrathmongers.

Slaves to darkness may be some of the best units we can get. Knights and Lord on Krakadrak seem like they still work ok.

I don't know how to screen with new coherency

I'll try to report any games that I play and what I end up putting on the table.