AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

From the actual infos that I've gathered here and there, it seems that according to actual warscrolls, the 3 units in the box (tyrant aside) are pretty lame. Maybe the ogors by 12 are strongs.

So, for me, the real question is how will they mix with the Beastclaw raiders? Because 2 SC! + 2 halves ogors of feast of bones will give you a full army, versatile and with enough variety to play several builds. Just add later few things like the new decor, a wizzard, or some other characters and you're pretty much done for reasonable budget. (even 1 SC! would work)

In my opinion they will be mixed like the Ironjawz and the Bonesplitterz are mixed in the "Big Waaagh!". 

So, three ways to play, pure Gutbusters, pure Beastclaw Raiders and a mix of both in a third army. 

God I still hate that butchers head.

Still no sign of yeti, so i'm optimistic there. Traits wise... Butcher seems neat, and I do like the flavor on the Tyrant. Should make him really reliable at quashing heroes. Nomadic Raider might be neat if the melee extends to the monsters abilities. Otherwise I feel its pretty underwhelming mechanically and flavorwise. The skal will depend on how the cats have changed, and if the hunter himself is less underwhelming for his points cost. Definitely a plus not having to pay for a battalion to have cats come along with him. Seems like he gets 1 pack as a unit, and an extra one if he's your general. Should be good for attacking unguarded, or lightly guarded points in the opponents backline!

Overall its an optimistic start from me, but nothing that crazy or hype inducing. Look forward to hearing the opinons of people who play more then me, being an armchair hobbyist for now and all lol.

Lots of things to note from the faction focus.  

It looks like they're splitting the current butcher into two separate warscrolls again, based off the line, 
"On top of being fantastic units in their own right, Butchers, Slaughtermasters, Huskards on Thundertusks – and especially Great Mawpots – are also able to restore Wounds to depleted units."

So we'll be back to having a Slaughtermaster and a Butcher.  Interesting that the Slaughtermaster hypertext links to what used to be the butcher,  and the Butcher hypertext links to what was once Skrag the Slaughterer.  

The attack update to the Grot Scraplauncher is welcome.  2 more attacks will help normalize the damage.   Seems they're also normalizing the damage for the stonehorn's charge too, from d6 to the universal rule of Trampling Charge.   It'll be interesting that Thundertusks  (and also large blocks of Gutbusters) will also get that charge damage too.  If the Thundertusk keeps its snowball (even if the damage there is normalized), it might help to make it more competitive. 

Changing the Everwinter  (Grasp of the Everwinter) to increase chance as the battle goes on is nice,  but I'm not sure it'll really be anything that helps make or break.  Especially since BcR like to try to get in combat in round 1 or round 2. 

I also think it's interesting that nothing has been said about Gargants,  Yhetees, or Gorgers.  (Or Firebellies, but those have at least been in the promo photos.)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ryanguy88 said:

Lots of things to note from the faction focus.  

It looks like they're splitting the current butcher into two separate warscrolls again, based off the line, 
"On top of being fantastic units in their own right, Butchers, Slaughtermasters, Huskards on Thundertusks – and especially Great Mawpots – are also able to restore Wounds to depleted units."

So we'll be back to having a Slaughtermaster and a Butcher.  Interesting that the Slaughtermaster hypertext links to what used to be the butcher,  and the Butcher hypertext links to what was once Skrag the Slaughterer.  

The attack update to the Grot Scraplauncher is welcome.  2 more attacks will help normalize the damage.   Seems they're also normalizing the damage for the stonehorn's charge too, from d6 to the universal rule of Trampling Charge.   It'll be interesting that Thundertusks  (and also large blocks of Gutbusters) will also get that charge damage too.  If the Thundertusk keeps its snowball (even if the damage there is normalized), it might help to make it more competitive. 

Changing the Everwinter  (Grasp of the Everwinter) to increase chance as the battle goes on is nice,  but I'm not sure it'll really be anything that helps make or break.  Especially since BcR like to try to get in combat in round 1 or round 2. 

I also think it's interesting that nothing has been said about Gargants,  Yhetees, or Gorgers.  (Or Firebellies, but those have at least been in the promo photos.)

This sounds like a solid recap. In the Twitch stream were more Information that were shared in the Mawtribe-Topic. Regarding Yhetees and so on: I remember someone said it is confirmed there are no cuts in the book

So on a Facebook Group, points were posted! Let the list-making begin!

Note: Thundertusks got BIG NERF 

Scraplauncher 120

Ironblaster 120

Tyrant 160

Ogre Gluttons 120/400 (3/12)

Leadbelchers 80 for 2

Ironguts 220 for 4 (what the heck)

Butcher 140

Slaughtermaster 140

Gorger 80

Grots 100/270 (20/60 i think)

FLoSH 400

FLoTT 390

HoTT 340

HoSH 320

SHBR 300

TTBR 300

Hunter 120

Maneaters 180 for 3

Frost Sabres 40 for 2

Mournfang 140 for 2

Yhettees 110 for 3

Firebelly 120

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FPC said:

According to what? I’ve never heard that.

The Gargant was part of the old fantasy Ogre army, (Basically all the destruction armies could take Giants back in the day) and part of the "Gutbuster" section of the webstore until just now when they re-organized all the Ogre stuff as mawtribes.

Honestly, I think they're allies now just because with all the faction merges Gargants and Troggoths are the only allies Ogors have left.