Evocators - Coming soon

So let guess the points per model.

They are wizards but not Heros .

Solid spell : Effect does not have to be wholly within even better.

Save and attacking stats are great :)

Lighning arc is amazing, Roll 2 dice per Evocator model  its an ability:)No casting required.  No need to be concerned with hit modifiers.  And happens in the Combat phase, so teleport in. Boom :) 

IMG_4925.PNG.0b014e4a89761b60e7169d79c4f847e9.PNG

5 minutes ago, Dan.Ford said:

So let guess the points per model.

They are wizards but not Heros .

Solid spell : Effect does not have to be wholly within even better.

Save and attacking stats are great :)

Lighning arc is amazing, a bit like Guant summoner spell but it an ability:)No casting required.  No need to be concerned with hit modifiers.  And happens in the Combat phase, so teleport in. Boom :) 

FYI Lighning arc is 2 dice per model in this unit (Evocator) not per enemy models. 

I think maybe higher , but whatever they end up at they are going to hard to shift.

One role could be bodyguards to Lord Celestant or Hero with Stainch defender in terrain , that's a 2+ save, with all the other abilities to protect themselves and the Hero. 

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Assuming everything in the SC battletome stays the same (though it probably wont) these guys should be about 240 per 5.

I suspect they may end up being units of 3, mostly from the fact that there was no Easy Build kit announced to round up the model count.

27 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I suspect they may end up being units of 3, mostly from the fact that there was no Easy Build kit announced to round up the model count.

There is an alternative build with big staves. They will get a full box later, for sure.

7 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

There is an alternative build with big staves. They will get a full box later, for sure.

absolutely, but if the number in Soul Wars is not a full unit I would expect an Easy Build box right away, othewise they wouldn't be playable on Matched Play without buying an entire second Soul Wars just for another 3 Evocators.

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

absolutely, but if the number in Soul Wars is not a full unit I would expect an Easy Build box right away, othewise they wouldn't be playable on Matched Play without buying an entire second Soul Wars just for another 3 Evocators.

Look at how long it took them to make the easy build retributors after AoS launched

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

Now that matched play is a thing, I really hope they don't pull that bs again...

Seems they went through to a lot of trouble to technically call the unit a Wizard - no spell choices (but they can still be unbound), but specifically breaks the 1/turn limit, but it won't stack anyway... why not just give them an innate unbind and make Empower a 3+ prayer. Done. 

Very strange design. 

51 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Seems they went through to a lot of trouble to technically call the unit a Wizard - no spell choices (but they can still be unbound), but specifically breaks the 1/turn limit, but it won't stack anyway... why not just give them an innate unbind and make Empower a 3+ prayer. Done. 

Very strange design. 

I guess this way, anything that specifically does X to a "wizard" would affect them.

4 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Very strange design. 

This way your opponent can potentially stop Empower from happening. It’s more interactive than a prayer. 

The bit that really CHEESES MY ONIONS, is that they have 3 wounds and a move of 5. Paladins have move of 4 because they wear heavyer armor in game this is not represented as better save for them but 3 wounds instead.

I wonder if several units will be able to cast empower more than once like it is written in the scroll or if they get the kroak-treatment faq that the spell will be limited by the rule of one for single spell use. so either their usefulness is limited to 1 unit or rules of 1 might change?

basically, there are 4 option:

1) rule of one, which makes several units less useful (except for different positioning where to cast from)

2) spells can be cast multiple times by different models (would buff wizards that know spells from other mages, as well as standard spells mystic shield/arcane bolt, Battletome lore magic)

3) no limits for spells in general (same as benefits as for 2, but kroak gets buffed too)

4) special rules for sce to be excluded from rules of one

I wonder which one it will be in the end^^

1 hour ago, tea_wild_owl said:

I wonder if several units will be able to cast empower more than once like it is written in the scroll or if they get the kroak-treatment faq that the spell will be limited by the rule of one for single spell use. so either their usefulness is limited to 1 unit or rules of 1 might change?

basically, there are 4 option:

1) rule of one, which makes several units less useful (except for different positioning where to cast from)

2) spells can be cast multiple times by different models (would buff wizards that know spells from other mages, as well as standard spells mystic shield/arcane bolt, Battletome lore magic)

3) no limits for spells in general (same as benefits as for 2, but kroak gets buffed too)

4) special rules for sce to be excluded from rules of one

I wonder which one it will be in the end^^

2 would be the most likely.

I mean, Lord Kroak had permission to cast Celestial Deliverance 3 Times (even with core rules saying that every model can cast a spell only once per game) and I mean Tzeentch has an artefact.

The only thing that restricted this was the rule of one.

4 is unlikely because normally no warscroll was written for matched play, so no warscroll has a exception for rules of one.

Another question is, Evocators only having this spell and can only cast if they are at least 2 models, would that mean that other Wizardunits with mulitple models could get rule changes in a similar way (Sisters of the Thorn, Pink Horrors), against that Doomfire Warlocks should already be valid for the new edition and have all three Spells.

1 hour ago, ledha said:

I'm not sure the world is ready for several van hell dance per turn

Welcome to WhFB, lad. The rule of one really was needed to prevent absurd amounts of summoning and staking. Both could have been solved in other ways, and partly have been during the WhFB Era. 

4 hours ago, SirPug said:

The bit that really CHEESES MY ONIONS, is that they have 3 wounds and a move of 5. Paladins have move of 4 because they wear heavyer armor in game this is not represented as better save for them but 3 wounds instead.

I think paladins are likely to see some changes in the new battletome honestly.

Archived