Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chikout is correct . The wizards missing from the rumored box set is huge to me. AoS 2.0 is supposed to be all about magic right out of the gate but the core box is missing wizards? I doubt it.  I believe that the starter box will have some of those units and the new wizards they teased the warscrolls for already.

8 minutes ago, Roark said:

I haven't seen any numbers... Where are you getting this mate?

Sounds like speculation to me.   Varanguard would be very good at 260 (Fulminators are the only decent comparison), good at 280.  580 or 600 for Archaon sound like wild guesses though.  I wouldn't be surprised if GW reduced points across the board though.  There's gotta be someone there thinking about the revenue potential of making armies include x% more models.  

Interesting little tweak to the priority roll, and if you go first your opponent will be on the back foot around playing for the double turn. That is, do they play to take advantage of a potential double turn and run bad odds of being exposed on your turn, or do they hold back and potentially be forced to take a double turn that they cannot capitilize on and face a potentially devastating later double turn?

Also, interested to see what interactions persistent effects will have.

In terms of the Everchosen / Slaves to Darkness faction preview: great for new players or as an introduction for people unfamiliar. Otherwise not a great deal of meat there for current players. Interested to see the rest of this weeks previews though which will cover off interesting things like command points

2 hours ago, skool said:

Chikout is correct . The wizards missing from the rumored box set is huge to me. AoS 2.0 is supposed to be all about magic right out of the gate but the core box is missing wizards? I doubt it.  I believe that the starter box will have some of those units and the new wizards they teased the warscrolls for already.

Is the magic supplement part of 2.0, or coming later? If later, I could see holding wizards back, to sell separately.

10 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

From what I understand the last generals handbook just nerfed destruction armies and BCR in particular. So your not making me feel better about GW, could do in the future.

Ah, the beauty of thinking - just because last time there was a "nerf" doesn't mean there will be one this time, we are looking at a substantial rule change coming with 2.0, one of which we have just seen titbits of information. We don't know what else will come and how it changes the balancing and tactics. Just sit and watch, don't brake your eggs before you even know they are eggs.

Show me the parts that would make you think that BCR will get better undet]r the upcoming rules? Am not saying the sky is falling, I said I understand why GW makes the changes, I said more extra rules are nice. But it does not change the fact that unless GW rewrites BCR rules, they do not have the stuff that is important or made better under the new rules.

Again, as said already, we don't knwo what is to come, so keep calm, play a few games and look forward for a new article every day on rules and another one on factions, where you get glimpses of changes.

Sure man, send me the money I will start another army.  I can PM you my adress.

You choose poorly and I should pay? Fine, send me your address, I'll mail you a letter where it is explained, why choosing an broken down WHFB army with three boxes of units (one a dual build as well as a character) is a bold choise, with which you have to play reaaaaally well or you have a hard time. Thing actually is, you don't need to take them as a pure BCR armey, add in some other ogers or mix it up with some other destruction, that is either fast or cheap and can bind down threats till your hard hitters are where they have to be.

Back to the topic:

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What's the first?

Spikey bits.

6 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

With the inclusion of the female Incantor this IS the starter box. Most of the models are simple poses some times carbon copies of on another. Furthermore we have seen different versions for nearly all models, that are either more flexible with dual build options or different versions in case of the characters and the war machine. Only the two guys on mounts seem to be box exclusives. 

Keep seeing people discussing the pose on the stormcast grenadiers, but all four models (other than the hero) are identical, I think it's probably more likely that eavy metal missed a deadline and they copy & pasted the only painted model so they had a photo to use, rather than having a unit comprised of a leader and four identical miniatures

2 hours ago, Richelieu said:

Sounds like speculation to me.   Varanguard would be very good at 260 (Fulminators are the only decent comparison), good at 280.  580 or 600 for Archaon sound like wild guesses though.  I wouldn't be surprised if GW reduced points across the board though.  There's gotta be someone there thinking about the revenue potential of making armies include x% more models.  

Lets hope not, because down that road lies Warhammer 8th edition.

The core rules for that game had more positive than negative to it.  The edition had it's warts, and it had some really bad parts such as some of the magic, terrible scenarios, and the worst Victory Point system I have ever seen.  But that edition also did a whole lot well such as making big units matter once again in a system designed to be about the spectacle of infantry blocks in medieval warfare.

They made mass troops better & lowered prices - which pushed the game to larger armies.  And then they made the utterly boneheaded move of reducing the amount of models in many of the boxes and raising the prices across the board - which priced huge segments of the player base out of the game.  

They made that mistake once before with Fantasy - lets hope that they are smart enough to not do it again.

19 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Keep seeing people discussing the pose on the stormcast grenadiers, but all four models (other than the hero) are identical, I think it's probably more likely that eavy metal missed a deadline and they copy & pasted the only painted model so they had a photo to use, rather than having a unit comprised of a leader and four identical miniatures

If you mean the guys who shoot maces with bows, I see three different miniatures right there. The pose is the same for two of them but they are different. To be precise, I do expect this 5 man unit kit to only consist out of three different miniatures. The tabard is slightly different. Fold vs no fold, behind the knee and in front of the shin etc. 

AoSStormcastFF-May15-Castigators4wf.jpg

Interestingly they've removed the information regarding what could be fielded at 1600 points.  Suggests to me that either they shouldn't have revealed it - or they got it wrong (which has happened in the past).

One thing the StD/EC post has done is highlight that we're going to get some warscroll changes, something I genuinely wasn't expecting.  This does give me some hope that this could be commonplace and identify some of the units that we feel have issues.

32 minutes ago, Killax said:

If you mean the guys who shoot maces with bows, I see three different miniatures right there. The pose is the same for two of them but they are different. To be precise, I do expect this 5 man unit kit to only consist out of three different miniatures. The tabard is slightly different. Fold vs no fold, behind the knee and in front of the shin etc. 

AoSStormcastFF-May15-Castigators4wf.jpg

biggest differince the leg they put their weight on. Front leg vs back leg. 

Archived