Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

8 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Where are those boxes from?  Is this from a collector's edition version of the box set or something?

Pretty sure someone made them at home. The horned skull on top of the red one is from the old Arcane Ruins set, and the cross on the blue one is from the Garden of Morr.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Grimnaud said:

Pretty sure someone made them at home. The horned skull on top of the red one is from the old Arcane Ruins set, and the cross on the blue one is from the Garden of Morr.

Good catch!  Whoever they belong to would probably find this conversation pretty funny.

44 minutes ago, Grimnaud said:

Picture is from a gw site. Mentioning pre-order goodies 

Oh! I might be slow about realising this, but the reason the grand alliance allegiance abilities/traits/artifacts are in the core book this edition is because it is free, and getting access to the grand alliance stuff for free makes more sense than having to buy a specific book to access it. 

Maybe..? o.O

7 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I'm sorry if I missed it, but is there a release date for the free rules? I was hoping they would release them today so we could read along while they play the new edition on Warhammer TV

As far as I know, it's going to be 30th June when the book and boxed set comes out. Makes sense as everybody gets everything at the same time, plus gives them chance to try and sell a few books and sets ;) 

12 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Oh! I might be slow about realising this, but the reason the grand alliance allegiance abilities/traits/artifacts are in the core book this edition is because it is free, and getting access to the grand alliance stuff for free makes more sense than having to buy a specific book to access it. 

Not sure. I have a feeling that is the case but I wouldn't be surprised to see a stripped down version with just the core stuff as the free rules. So short answer is I don't know. I suspect we will see an article on the Community site at some point about this (or you can ask in the Twitch stream later today).

1 minute ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Do we know what the preview model is? Also, what’s the warlord edition of the GHB?

Not sure - however I've been told by my "local" GW that there will be some give away Sequestors available when they do their unboxing on Saturday (which reminds me I need to submit a 500 point list for playing)

54 minutes ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Do we know what the preview model is? Also, what’s the warlord edition of the GHB?

I believe the preview model will be one of the new snap fit Stormcasts that come in the seperate set of 3 on the sculpted bases.  My local GW manager told me that these will become the painting 'starter' model in store - you'll just pick one of them before you start.

Could be wrong though.

I wondered if there were going to be additional endless spells released with future battletomes. That's kinda cool, but it's also sort of a balancing hazard? My instinct is to say "this could get out of hand quickly", especially since we don't even have the basic Malign Sorcery set available to all armies in our hands yet, but I'm always on the side of waiting to see what the actual rules are like before making judgements, so I'll heed my own advice.

Unless older battletomes are going to get updates and spell packs, though, it's difficult to see how this won't create a strata of power creep favouring BTs reeast post- Malign Sorcery. Maybe they're going to do exactly that, though. On the other hand, maybe having unique endless spells is part of the Nighthaunt faction's "gimmick" and it isn't something we'll see for other releases.

3 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Unless older battletomes are going to get updates and spell packs, though, it's difficult to see how this won't create a strata of power creep favouring BTs 

This will be nothing new? We already have 2-tier playing field of battletome and non-battletome armies. Many armies don't even have access to battalions or allegiance abilities, even in the new edition. 

27 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I thought that all armies had access to all endless spells?????? ^_^

Hehe, yeah, you quoted my right  : there will apparently be three SPECIFIC to Nighthaunt Endless Spells !

The first one is the Mortalis Terminexus shown above. 

EDIT : yeah it's 3 ES released with the NH BT for sure, but it remains unclear if those 3 will be only available to NH or to everyone else. 

36 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Ben Johnson confirmed that Depravity points are each wound that doesn't kill a hero - thus a 5 wound hero would award 4 DP's even if they're killed

Also, heroes that damage enemy units but not killed them. He gave the example of a Keeper of Secrets killing a unit of 5 Liberators would give you 5 depravity points

Archived