GHB2018 Wishlist

PJetski

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say buff Tzeentch to do more damage 

*the bait has been laid*

On a serious note, I would just like to see factions that aren't represented much, get more love & re working so we get to see more armies on the table and to a point where they can be some what competitive 

The only thing I want is that rule from 40k where you can't target heroes that are behind units. Doubt I'll get it though, but it would help my Khorne army last longer.

I wonder if they'll add anything cool to the next Generals Handbook... I really prefer the first one to the new one, it had more useful Battleplans and the Path to Glory Campaign. I still haven't bought the stand alone Path to Glory book because it seams way to expensive... specially when compared to Skirmish. 

Much like how 40k borrowed from Sigmar, I think we could now stand to borrow from 40k.

Hero Targetting: It's far too easy to blam heroes that are hiding behind allied units. As a Tzeentch player, if I want your mages/generals dead, nothing is stopping my wizard or Skyfires from doing so. Look Out Sir! Would be a great add.

Strategems: Malign Portents has already done this, but it would be great to get strategems points to spend mid game to do things like get rerolls or activate interesting effects. Could also balance out some of the older codexes.

Aside from that, army wishlisting time:

Saurus Guard: 1>2 Wounds, 100>120 pts.

Knight Questor: 100>120 pts

Lord Celestant: 100>120

Gaunt Summoner: 120>140

Fatemaster: Command ability affects Mortal AND Gor

Seraphon and Devoted of Sigmar can Ally

Kairos Fateweaver: Either Replace his spell with one that's actually useful in matched play, or swap his points with the Lord of Change, because he is undeniably worse in every way.

i personally the double turn and target anything makes you a better player & makes you think more

I feel its important in 40K to have that rule due to there being so much more shooting from a game point of view

23 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

That's a good point. Seraphon are Order daemons. Who summon/believe in them? Yeah, Slann can summon them but... don't know. If you create a concept about demons with dinosaur forms (of order), just go "all in". Make cults, temples, etc about this concept. Don't stop at the begining!!!

In generals handbook I want allegiance rules for allied and support factions like ironweld arsenal or similars.

I want pass the wound to a nearby unit if the character isnt the closet on a 5+ or 6+ if the character isn't the closet enemy unit and he have less than 8-10 wounds.

And I want include firestorm and malign portents allegiance rules, I have both but I dont want go with 4 books to play :)

Also I want scenery cards, I made my ones but was better if gw have ones (fotocopy it or similar) to remember the type and rules (the newbie olayers of my zone just ignore special rules of scenery, only get cover on it)

I'd like to see the factions that won't get attention for a while (likely the same ones that got allegiance abilities in GHB2017) get a usable battalion each, and maybe a single extra spell (like a mini spell lore). Battalions can really make an army varied and interesting to play, and I think it's a shame that some relatively large forces can't take any battalions. The single new spell is again to keep things varied - it's a shame that some armies can have a lot of spell casters but not have enough spells to cast. I think only getting one extra spell would be appropriate as an entire lore would be better suited for a battletome. 

On another note, I strongly agree with the notion that mortal wounds need to be kept in check. As others have mentioned, most of the new battletomes have gotten a way to deal a decent number of mortal wounds as well as a mortal wound save; I'm no fan of mortal wounds due to how uninteractive they are (I mean, there's very little more disheartening than hearing "you take 18 damage" without even getting to roll any dice), but if they're here to stay then it'd be nice to have a way for older armies to defend themselves against the onslaught. I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure how this could be done well, though maybe another matched play rule such as "a unit cannot take more than X mortal wounds a turn, where X = 3/4 of the wounds currently in the unit" could help (not saying that this suggestion would be the best one).

i think mortals are fine, target & threat priority creates a good game

if youre removing something from the game that encourages sloppy play / people to not think as much i dont think its a good change

everything is always going to have a good match up and a bad one

i dont understand why you would slap something because its good

6 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Maybe because it's not fun?

Agreed.  One of the most important things to remember is that even if you beat them, you and your opponent needs to go away feeling they had an enjoyable game.  If you rock up with a list that smashes every opponent and you do it with a megalomaniac grin and Evil LaughTM, you need to take a serious look at yourself.

The current path of travel is also just make games take longer to play.  Due to the prevalence of Mortal Wounds, every new army is given an ignore save (sometimes twice) . This just leads to buckets of extra dice being rolled.

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Conga line tactics removed..which is already happening in small steps.

Balewind removed from matched play.

I would be fine with removing the Balewind... if they also dropped the price of Kroak :P

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

I would be fine with removing the Balewind... if they also dropped the price of Kroak :P

Balewind abuse is getting nuts. The only counter to a balewind is to bring your own. When you build lists around using it your just handicapping yourself in the long run

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Balewind abuse is getting nuts. The only counter to a balewind is to bring your own. When you build lists around using it your just handicapping yourself in the long run

the Knight Heraldor is a counter.  Since a balewind is terrain

I am generally pretty happy about the current state of the game.  My main want for GHB 2018 is to give a bump to the factions that are lagging behind a bit.  They attempted this last year with the additional allegiance abilities and some points adjustments, but it seems to have only really aided Seraphon, Fyreslayers and maybe Nighthaunt.  Giving more factions a boost can only be good for the game.             

On 27/02/2018 at 4:47 PM, Kyriakin said:

Bring back the most logical faction keyword for the surviving (i.e. generic, non-character) compendium warscrolls.

For example, Sorceress on Drakespawn and Dreadlord on Drakespawn get the ORDER SERPENTIS keyword.

Failing this, at least make these units ally options for current factions to keep their allegiances.

Basically, aside from a few individual cases, this is mostly a fillip for Wanderers and Dispossessed.

Absolutely yes. Just come back to the hobby and the faction split has made it really tough to make varied armies beyond 1000 points. Constantly looking for ways to squeeze points and end up needing loads of allies for Order Serpentis.

Even the battalion is poor and, might be wrong, but it doesn't  have any allegiance abilities or artefacts. 

I guess there a many factions in a similar position. Lots of the same models upto 1600 points then go mad on 'allies' for models you would've used before! 

It's so stark compared to my friends' new StD army, he's spoilt for choice and combos and so on. Don't expect the same, I like my theme, but some logic is missing. 

14 hours ago, Barbossal said:

Much like how 40k borrowed from Sigmar, I think we could now stand to borrow from 40k.

Hero Targetting: It's far too easy to blam heroes that are hiding behind allied units. As a Tzeentch player, if I want your mages/generals dead, nothing is stopping my wizard or Skyfires from doing so. Look Out Sir! Would be a great add.

Strategems: Malign Portents has already done this, but it would be great to get strategems points to spend mid game to do things like get rerolls or activate interesting effects. Could also balance out some of the older codexes.

Aside from that, army wishlisting time:

Saurus Guard: 1>2 Wounds, 100>120 pts.

Knight Questor: 100>120 pts

Lord Celestant: 100>120

Gaunt Summoner: 120>140

Fatemaster: Command ability affects Mortal AND Gor

Kairos Fateweaver: Either Replace his spell with one that's actually useful in matched play, or swap his points with the Lord of Change, because he is undeniably worse in every way.

For as many problems Tzeentch causes other armies, Tzeentch heroes are a big part of the reason why we can't have the character blocking blocking rule port over and why look out sir would be very dangerous.  Also why the knight questor? No one has ever used that model in the history of matched play.

My wishlist: 

Tzaangor Shaman +20

Skyfires +20

Changehost +100

Blue Horrors +20 

Brimstone horrors +20

Changeling +20

LoC +60

(Tzeentch needs to be reigned in to something sane before any real gameplay changes can be made.)

Fyreslayer infantry point drops reverted

Points drops for most of destruction except Maw Crusha, Huskard on thundertusk, and moonclan grots.

Increase balewind

Points drops for Mourngul(they hyper nerfed that thing) Black coach, vargeist, FEC characters, ghouls, Mannfred, wight king, coven throne, maybe palanquin?

Points drops for lesser used skaven units like doomwheel.

Points drop for Bloodwrack medusae

Archived