Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

46 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

Were you talking about the fruit or the laptop?

Cause either that is a really expensive apple, or a really cheap computer.:)

Neither, it's about something completely different, with apple simply being a synonym for something. You would know if you are amongst the chosen 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a plan already. Gonna convert a soul render, give him a sharkrider torso and helmet with Namarti legs,  lore wise he has a twin brother that is a Namarti and he feels guilty for having a soul. 

Work in progress ;)

1 hour ago, S133arcanite said:

Were you talking about the fruit or the laptop?

Cause either that is a really expensive apple, or a really cheap computer.:)

My fault. I didn't take into account the dystopian future of mega corporations already had a tight grip around humankinds throat.

I was talking about an plain simple fruity healthy apple.

9 hours ago, Rou Dantes said:

Also, literally everything in the AoS universe is magic. The realms in which people live aren't planets, they're infinite planes and the only thing that prevents you from being able to actually travel forever in one direction, is that the further away you get from the center, the more reality falls apart, so you turn into a frog and explode, or shatter into a cloud of flying whispers

Awesome explanation Man! Where I can Find More info About The Nature of The mortal Realms? 

7 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Man look at this stat line for the Thralls:

AoSDeepkin-Apr9-ThrallProfile3dw.jpg

And confirmed no dual kit with the Reaver bow unit.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/10/who-are-the-namarti-apr-10gw-homepage-post-1/

I'd be more interested to see the rest of the warscroll. Those stats look very similar to something like swordmasters. If they are costed cheaply they'll be alright, anything with only one wound tends to suffer in my experience though.

"The second type of Namarti, the Namarti Reavers, will be out in the next few weeks with a kit of their own."

"Make sure to keep an eye out for the Namarti Raiders in the coming weeks, too!"

The article is about Namarti Thralls, so have I missed/misunderstood something or is there another type of Namarti we don't know about yet?

3 minutes ago, J.J said:

"The second type of Namarti, the Namarti Reavers, will be out in the next few weeks with a kit of their own."

"Make sure to keep an eye out for the Namarti Raiders in the coming weeks, too!"

The article is about Namarti Thralls, so have I missed/misunderstood something or is there another type of Namarti we don't know about yet?

Hmm! That seems to be the suggestion... I think it'd be very interesting if that is the case.  More Namarti than I was expecting.

4 minutes ago, J.J said:

The Bowman I am guessing

25 minutes ago, J.J said:

Looks like a Typo. I reloaded the page and both instances have been changed to Reavers. 

26 minutes ago, Noble said:

Unless I'm seeing things is that the rumoured giant shark in the second picture. Can't remember seeing that in any of the previews...

AoSDeepkin-Apr9-Image2vg.jpg

Might just be the color scheme on it is different.  Kind of like the way the black shark looks... I may do that instead of painting it to look like a great white (since looking up research pictures will probably give me a tension headache. I fear sea life).

11 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Looks like a Typo. I reloaded the page and both instances have been changed to Reavers. 

Boo!

So what does everyone think of the stat line provided? Kinda surprised they hit as hard as swordmasters, but between the bravery and armor they seem like they can fold like a paper towel when given enough attention by the enemy.

Paired with the tides mechanic, Turn 1 cover will make them survive a bit more and turn 3 Always strike first will help make sure they strike before dying horribly, and for all I know they can re-roll saves in combat or something.  Putting something more hardy in front may seem like a good idea, and there are hints that other characters can buff them, but for now this is feeling like a witch aelf kinda thing where you're going to need a lot of them despite the kit cost.

also as a man on a budget I feel these  are going to be bulk purchases for the $50 guys, and that makes me sad that I wouldn't be able to really start playing them.

Hard to tell with no point cost.

I expect they will be the front line like every Warhammer elf unit. Great if they get to fight but will die fast. 

Coverturn one will help but I don't expect rerolling of saves. 

Fun fact we can use the giant sea turtles as a tank for our units if they have great survivability. Nice to have the ability to screen our units.

It will ultimately come down to point cost.

The article confirms that the Namarti Thralls are the only pure Battleline unit, others (but not specified) can also be but under particular criteria (but again, not specified - probably attached to the Idoneth allegiance as well as taking a particular hero as your general. My conjecture!)

At least I know Thralls can be popped into my mixed Order collection and still be Battleline. Excellent!

42 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

The article confirms that the Namarti Thralls are the only pure Battleline unit, others (but not specified) can also be but under particular criteria (but again, not specified - probably attached to the Idoneth allegiance as well as taking a particular hero as your general. My conjecture!)

At least I know Thralls can be popped into my mixed Order collection and still be Battleline. Excellent!

It is specified -depending on chosen general - so it's quite obvious that both named characters will make two more units Batteline (I think guy on Deepmare makes eel riders BT and another one makes Reavers BT - and that would mean no BattleTraits or enclave specific bonuses (if the work like DoK temples and I believe so they do)

"Namarti units make up the core of any Idoneth Deepkin army, with Namarti Thralls being the only standard Battleline unit in the list (though you’ll be able to unlock more, depending on your chosen general)"

42 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Yeah I like the stat line but jeez that’s a high cost for what they seem to saying is a chaff unit (money not points).  

They aren't saying it's a chaffe unit Battleline does not = chaffe. It says in the article pretty specificly that they can be protected by the forgotten alliegence ability. Meaning they aren't really meant to be your up front eat damage unit. They seem more the hammer or scalpel style unit.

Nah thats incorrect becuase they do mention them being up front.

Also had abit of a tactical thought. Big shooting units are going to be really frustrated by idoneth. If you have a unit of 9 skyres or similar big shooting unit, and the closest unit is some half dead 5 man squad. All of your shots have to go into that 5 man squad. That's pretty brutal. 

Archived