Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S133arcanite

Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

Recommended Posts

 

Daughters of Khaine book has revealed some interesting snippets on something called the Idoneth Deepkin. Now, normally this would just be another lore snippet, but they're also listed as Allies to the #DoK! Could this be a new Aelf faction?! #ageofsigmar

 

Games Workshop guy with perks has just posted this on twitter: Sea Aelves rumour confirmed

DWyvEscW0AEBNQD.jpg
 
DWyvFR7WAAAU5uV.jpg
DWyvFlnX4AETY3w.jpg
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit early...

There have been some tentacles and scales in the pics of the Rumor engine and yes the Idoneth Deepkin are obviously a new faction. We heard that they are formed by Tyrion & Teclis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaleun said:

A bit early...

There have been some tentacles and scales in the pics of the Rumor engine and yes the Idoneth Deepkin are obviously a new faction. We heard that they are formed by Tyrion & Teclis.

The Tenebrael Shard from WHQ:ST is standing on a tentacle too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not forget about mistweaver Saih, she's pretty distinctive too, and may fit into all this

Im going out on a limb and I will say that they will likely roll the scourge privateers (corsair + kharybdiss at least) into this book like they did with the DoK and add a couple units + one big one (arrrgh, a ship matey!). They already are spikey and sea themed and we know they are reboxing some old kits.  Plus despite being featured heavily in the Anvilguard box they did not receive any special rules in the GHB2017. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it does say she is a mistweaver and that story chunk says they emerge from the mists.....so theres that =P

also what are the kraith? Are they ANOTHER new order faction?  Or, if they are doing things right, a new Destruction faction (whom I could see occasionally teaming up with Alariele)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The legendary "Fishmen" are going to be a reality?

 

Also maybe will be a faction for the Merwyrm? I loved that model!

 

99590299064_Merwyrn01.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

Well it does say she is a mistweaver and that story chunk says they emerge from the mists.....so theres that =P

also what are the kraith? Are they ANOTHER new order faction?  Or, if they are doing things right, a new Destruction faction (whom I could see occasionally teaming up with Alariele)

The Kraith are a DoK sub-faction, I think they call them temples in the new book?  Basically the same as the Kharadron port cities, or Stormhosts but for DoK.

 

UjEZBb6.jpg%20

Edited by Drofnum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drofnum said:

The Kraith are a DoK sub-faction, I think they call them temples in the new book?  Basically the same as the Kharadron port cities, or Stormhosts but for DoK.

 

UjEZBb6.jpg%20

well that certainly makes more sense! I was worried they would go a bit overboard on the new stuff! Im an order guy but I'd love for my opponents to get some love. Blood for the (Aelven) Blood God! Hearts for the Hearth Throne!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

The legendary "Fishmen" are going to be a reality?

 

Also maybe will be a faction for the Merwyrm? I loved that model!

 

 

I'm nearly finished painting up a Carmine Dragon, please dont give me a reason to get another big monster started right away!

 

Edit:  Please give me a reason to paint another big monster though.

Edited by Drofnum
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, generalchaos34 said:

Im going out on a limb and I will say that they will likely roll the scourge privateers (corsair + kharybdiss at least) into this book like they did with the DoK

I wouldn't be sure about that: they made the Scourge Privateers and the Idoneth Deepkin distinct allied factions in the lists of allies available to the Daughters of Khaine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the rumors pointed out that it's fresh faction like KO so no faction will be folded into this new faction. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Golem said:

I wouldn't be sure about that: they made the Scourge Privateers and the Idoneth Deepkin distinct allied factions in the lists of allies available to the Daughters of Khaine.

whoops! I didn't even catch that! well its good to know they have a whole new army ready to go! I don't think my wallet can handle this. But I do feel for all the Aelven mini factions like White Lions, Order Draconis, and Scourge that will get left in the dust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they do incorporate the corsairs or at least use them as allies. And I'd love to see the Merwyrm included somehow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super interested to see what the Idoneth Deepkin turn out to be.

Can't wait for the Open day this weekend (presumably they'll be revealed there given that's when the Daughters of Khaine will hit the public). I'm looking for the AoS army that 'clicks' with me as opposed to just doing old stuff, and while I have some ideas on how to make an interesting Daughters of Khaine army, I'm excited to see what the Deepkin are going to look like.

I guess perhaps similarly to the Daughters, I'm kinda hoping that we see some Aelf stuff as well as deep sea creature monsters (I think it'd be cool to see something similar to the male Naga's from WoW as part of the faction).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanka said:

Hopefully we get to see something at the open weekend this weekend!!!

 

I'll be very disappointed if they don't, considering we've already got the whole DoK release figured out. Hoping for a strong preview of this faction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure we will get something, it's AoS day if they don't have new releases in store they would push DoK month later also they teased "Fishmen" during Las Vegas and then releases that wreckage video. Do we have any list of unsolved rumor engines that could fit with Deepkin ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tanka said:

Hopefully we get to see something at the open weekend this weekend!!!

 

I would expect a reveal to occur more like Adepticon if it's dropping anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about soon - they have 3 Wh40k codexes to release. If they are indeed coming I would expect mid April release. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, Tanka said:

Hopefully we get to see something at the open weekend this weekend!!!

 

 

9 hours ago, Gorthaur said:

I'll be very disappointed if they don't, considering we've already got the whole DoK release figured out. Hoping for a strong preview of this faction. 

Not so sure. Since that is the weekend DoK hit the shelves you would want all your marketing focus on them. Why would you want to distract potential customers with a future release?

Its more likely the reveal will be at Adepticon 22nd March - By then everything will be out for Daughters of Khaine - And I will have no money left :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like the Nagas from WoW would be super cool and definitely something I'd buy haha they were one of my favourite races in Warcraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

I hope they do incorporate the corsairs or at least use them as allies. And I'd love to see the Merwyrm included somehow!

again: The Scourge Privateers are allies to the Deepkin... That is already confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are third fresh army for AoS after SCE and KO they won't have any factions folded into them. 

My wild guess about release (back up by AoS releases) 

Named big character/multi kit 

2-3 leaders 

Mistweaver 

One kit to assemble different models 

Battleline (maybe with option to assemble to different unit rumored - Acolytes mixed with TRevs) 

Elite unit (rumored cavalery on seahorses possible two warscroll entries) 

Some kind of Monster/monsters multi kit. 

Army was rumored to be hero/big models centric so I wouldnt expect much more. It would be very KO alike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×