Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

On 08/05/2018 at 4:12 PM, Kugane said:

Anyone else dislike the blad heads of the thralls? I decided I would go ahead and convert the female thralls to have hair, but I'm uncertain if the conversion is convincing enough. Also, I saw the sorceress conversion online somewhere and couldn't help but create one myself. Thank you to the original creator for the great conversion idea! :P

Any chance of more shots?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I have primed them earlier, but no problem, what kind of shots would you like? front/back/close-up?

I mean, if you're willing, a couple angles at close up would be awesome. Haven't seen the sorceress conversion around yet.

8 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I mean, if you're willing, a couple angles at close up would be awesome. Haven't seen the sorceress conversion around yet.

Ah, I just photographed the thralls themselves and the Ochtar and his pet elf. I really wish I were better at green stuffing stuff. I have those rubber sculpting tools, but it just isn't enough without proper experience in sculpting for me. I hope it'll look clean enough once painted though.

Idoneth Hair + Lotann (1).jpg

Idoneth Hair + Lotann (3).jpg

Idoneth Hair + Lotann (4).jpg

Idoneth Hair + Lotann (6).jpg

Hello to all fish lovers! I have an event on the 27th and I am thinking about this list for 1000, please any advice is appreciable, thanks, I do not know very well what feature of command and magic object to use

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin

Leaders
Akhelian King (240)
- General
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
Isharann Soulrender (100)

Battleline
20 x Namarti Thralls (280)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 61

Seems solid to me, you're gonna need to protect those thralls though if you want to kill anything, also from experience you're gonna have to dance on the edge with your king, cause he's your most reliable way of hurting the enemy but you'll really want hom alive turn 3.

You know, I will gripe a bit about how the time between eels and battletome kimda killed my enthusiasm for this army, not gonna lie. I still love it to be sure, but at the time of release I was more than willing to buy two boxes of eels, but now I kinda am struggling to buy one. Kinda stinks but feels like they stretched it out too long for what is one of the main units of the army.

The drawn-out releases haven't bothered me.  I haven't even finished painting the first box of Thralls yet, then on to Reavers.  I will buy more as I get units finished.  I'm a slow painter, but refuse to be rushed.  I shall carry on playing Wanderers while building up my Idoneth forces.  Hopefully, the next GHB will confirm Idoneth as Allies to Wanderers, so I can start fielding them sooner.

Hello all! I'm interested in starting a small force of Idoneth and i'd really like to hear your opinion how a 1000 point army of Akhelian King combined with eels and sharks would work. I'm thinking of adding a Loremaster as an ally casting Hand of Glory to the King, because that's a lot of re-rollable dakka.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, Stealth_Hobo said:

Hello all! I'm interested in starting a small force of Idoneth and i'd really like to hear your opinion how a 1000 point army of Akhelian King combined with eels and sharks would work. I'm thinking of adding a Loremaster as an ally casting Hand of Glory to the King, because that's a lot of re-rollable dakka.

So far eels are considered better then sharks, so you may want to go full eels instead. Make sure you also get a soulscryer. A loremaster is a great idea :)

Hi guys,

i had thoughs of a list that includes mostly eels and sharks.

The Fue'than enclave gives rerolls 1 to wounds for the attacks of mounts. Now it doesnt specify what is considered a mount.

obviously the deepmare of Volturnos / kings. The eels are definetly  mounts. The sharks in my opinion too but it gets more tricky here because the unit is called after the sharks and not the riders. And then by that same logic does the leviadon counts as a mount? the unit is called after the turtle, but he has riders on his back which should make him a mount.

what are your thoughts on this?

So recap: Who are mounts?, i think Deepmares, Eels, Sharks, (but im not sure about it but if using the same logic for the shark the turtle should count as mount too)

5 hours ago, Martainn said:

Hi guys,

i had thoughs of a list that includes mostly eels and sharks.

The Fue'than enclave gives rerolls 1 to wounds for the attacks of mounts. Now it doesnt specify what is considered a mount.

obviously the deepmare of Volturnos / kings. The eels are definetly  mounts. The sharks in my opinion too but it gets more tricky here because the unit is called after the sharks and not the riders. And then by that same logic does the leviadon counts as a mount? the unit is called after the turtle, but he has riders on his back which should make him a mount.

what are your thoughts on this?

So recap: Who are mounts?, i think Deepmares, Eels, Sharks, (but im not sure about it but if using the same logic for the shark the turtle should count as mount too)

I would say the turtle is a mount,  with the grot shaman on an Arachnoc spider, the spider is the mount (doesnt get to use artefacts) even though it is the warscroll and the shaman is just an option in that.

10 minutes ago, stato said:

I would say the turtle is a mount,  with the grot shaman on an Arachnoc spider, the spider is the mount (doesnt get to use artefacts) even though it is the warscroll and the shaman is just an option in that.

stuff like this is what the new edition needs to fix - inconsistent warscrolls with too much ambiguity. keywords and model classifications etc are the solution. 

1 hour ago, Connelj2 said:

What do you guys think :) still working on the base since it is a 3 day process but the model itself is done

I'm torn.  The cape is fantastic, as is the trident.  Next to them the helmet crest looks dull and lacks depth.  Just want to provide some constructive feedback, it is really well done otherwise.

16 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Annoying they couldn't write that to start! Had arguments on facebook with people planning to field 30 icon bearers in a unit.

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

Annoying they couldn't write that to start! Had arguments on facebook with people planning to field 30 icon bearers in a unit.

Yeah I saw plenty of that too. I'm curious if any of those people actually went to the effort of doing the conversion work in the end, or if it was all bluster. 

I do wonder what happened behind-the-scenes on this one, as it seemed like a real unnecessary own-goal on GW's part. Why word it like that, when people would obviously run with it? Why combine standard bearer and champion in the first place? And the actual kit is weird too, IMO - you get two near-identical standards in there, for no reason I can fathom, and it just sticks awkwardly on top of the model, with no special parts for the Icon Bearer at all - I can't think of any other kit where the command model/s are so low-effort. Don't understand what their thought process was all round but at least it's been FAQ'd quickly. 

Archived