Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

8 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

I did my DE in a nice deadly slick purple scheme so going to nix that. I'm wanting to make mine ugly as looking as I can and then try have them be as good as they can be minus the soul steal thing. I want to play up the tragedy aspect and the fearsome gross looking sea aspect. 

Metal will be a corrosive faded and as worn as I can make it bronze of some sort. Although a more worn silver would work too. Skin on the humans will stay pale but I want to add a weird yellow tinge to it like they kind of look sick or something. Then the fish will be pale and gross looking and I'm going to try make the skin look slimy. 

Sounds really nice, any pictures of your DE? I was considering purple cloth reminiscent of dark elves, but verdigris bronze armour, get some bioshock looks. But really maybe best to wait to see alternatives GW come up with.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

Sounds really nice, any pictures of your DE? I was considering purple cloth reminiscent of dark elves, but verdigris bronze armour, get some bioshock looks. But really maybe best to wait to see alternatives GW come up with.

I'll dig some up tomorrow and send them to you. 

So new white dwarf leak has shown us the four on foot character types.

I'm not sure what the Soul Warden (octopus McStabby) will do, I assume buffs nearby units. Maybe based on kills as he records souls?

The Soulscryers I imagine are able to further buff allies, may be priests?

Soulrender sounds like they will be combat characters able to buff/heal/return models to other units, though maybe only the Namarti - probably some nice synergy between those units and him.

Tidecaster sounds simply the Wizard of the army, nothing fancy.

On 22-3-2018 at 2:21 PM, DantePQ said:

It doesn't make any sens to have those, Slaasnesh love Elven/Eldar souls. Lorewise wouldn't make any sense. 

Okay. What about, some of the souls that are retrieved, are so corrupted that they have become addicted to feeling... just about anything. Their proximity to Slaanesh has left his cravings so embedded in them they can’t help themselves. 

Or for the less visually inclined, he ****** the souls out he exctraxted everything out of. Leaving elf husks that worship slaanesh as a creator. 

Personally I feel story is the easiest thing to fix. Especially for something that doesn’t exist yet. Look at idoneth deepkin for example. 

7 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Awful puns. I have reported you to the moderators. They really stink

No wonder I got a sinking feeling after I posted it! I guess I should wave goodbye to this forum then, less I start foaming at the mouth.

i'll be sad, I think I'll mist this place :/

also,  how many towns did the free guild create only to have them all get destroyed in malign portents?

You can always deploy the trees in one big clump instead of spread over the battlefield, just consider where you don't want your idoneth to be.

More white dwarf leaks, the Idoneth have something very dark about them that scared Teclis, and the bald eye patch guy is High King Volturnos.

7 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

If I ever get my overlords finished, the deepkin may be next on my list. 

By the time I get my overlords done the apocalypse will be upon us lol. They take forever to paint. By then GW will have released 5 more armies for AoS alone lol. Not to mention if they do end up releasing Kroot next year it will be really really hard to resist picking them up. 

3 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

You can always deploy the trees in one big clump instead of spread over the battlefield, just consider where you don't want your idoneth to be.

More white dwarf leaks, the Idoneth have something very dark about them that scared Teclis, and the bald eye patch guy is High King Volturnos.

Called the Volturnos bit! The guy that knows a guy has been spot on with stuff I've asked so far. 

Further information via Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/xbLSi

I hope the calvary isn't too light that it cannot take a punch. hit and run kinda stuff would be good, but unless there is a way to back off during your opponent's combat phase (think KO thunderers)  then  they may take a lot of damage.

I'm not asking for blood knights on eels, but it would be nice if they are not made of paper.

6 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I hope the calvary isn't too light that it cannot take a punch. hit and run kinda stuff would be good, but unless there is a way to back off during your opponent's combat phase (think KO thunderers)  then  they may take a lot of damage.

I'm not asking for blood knights on eels, but it would be nice if they are not made of paper.

From reading about the "tide" mechanics they have, advancing and retreating  in (literal and figurative) waves, hitting fast and then running away before they can get hit seems to be their main play style. So, I wouldn't expect durability on cavalry other than the turtle, but I would expect some new devious ways of escaping damage altogether.

I think, due to the design of the helmets and shields, the eel riders with swords will be durable enough. Though I would imagine 4 wound 4+save, maybe some shenanigans. Too small for 5 wounds I reckon but only shown in threes so not 3 wounds.

From the new white dwarf we have some descriptions of the background on how some of the units operate.

For the cavalry units the description talks about bio-voltaic energy from the eel being used to improve the shield on the guys with swords, and the lance on the other. From this I would think we will have two very distinct builds - tanks and killers.

The sharks are described as vicious killing machines, so perhaps a largely close combat unit with a bit of shooting on the side?

The turtle is named a Leviadon and the description talks about ranged attacks going astray - maybe a minus to hit for enemy ranged units, or a special save? So far all the pictures are of one  build - 2 bolt throwers, a mahout type, and a drummer, which suggests to me a support piece (plenty of shooting and I could see the drummer type providing a movement buff like the Bloodstoker), but we know there is at least one other build, maybe 3 others.

The Eidolon of Mathlann looks awesome, and there are two different builds. We also have a picture in the White Dwarf which includes 2 of these models: maybe they will be non unique?

All very exciting and I can't wait

From https://aosshorts.com/idoneth-deepkin/:

It looks like our Stormhost-equivalents are based on their cities, kind of like sky-ports.  So far the only ones known are Ionrach in Ghyran, Fuethan of Aqshy, Galanar in Ghur (which is, perhaps appropriately, on the back of a giant sea monster), Mor'drechi, and Gealrachi the first city, located in Hysh (Poster city? Abandoned? Place your bets!)

Interesting I hope there is one in Chamon but I doubt it. So I have to make my own, and chamon is one of the realms we know the least of currently. Then again if the Ironbark wargrove can come from chamon I'm sure I can cook something up if nothing is mentioned. Imagine how cool it would to see metal fish lol. 

Archived