Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

well done base! How did you do the water effects?

So I did the sand to where I wanted the water, then I put some pva blue were the water would be, I then used a spong and sponges on Kantor, blue, thousand sun blue, and sotek green getting lighter on my way in, then I put some woodland scenic still water on, spreading it out to the edge, afterwards I used water effect and an old brush to do the white breaks by the shore, when that was dry. I dry brushed scar white, and cerimite which in the raised ridges

Those bases do look lovely. 

If I end up with an ID force, I think I'll get some Elven ruin style bases, then use lichen to look a bit like sea coral or plant life. I think the colour can make  the biggest difference and I'm thinking of adding water effects or at least make things look glossy in some way.

I am thinking swampy base - like the below (note this is not mine just pulled the image from Google Images and the image is from a site named Zatcaskagoon Miniatures)

tut_base_1024x1024.jpg.8cdd7755c05dd8ccc0eeeffe541d793f.jpg

Really play up the cloying damp swampy feel, desaturated colours, concealing mists and muffled sounds.

2 hours ago, syph0n said:

Those bases do look lovely. 

If I end up with an ID force, I think I'll get some Elven ruin style bases, then use lichen to look a bit like sea coral or plant life. I think the colour can make  the biggest difference and I'm thinking of adding water effects or at least make things look glossy in some way.

Ooo nice idea. Dark base colour, bits of ruin, then bright orange and green lichen flakes for corals would work great.

13 hours ago, Connelj2 said:

So I did the sand to where I wanted the water, then I put some pva blue were the water would be, I then used a spong and sponges on Kantor, blue, thousand sun blue, and sotek green getting lighter on my way in, then I put some woodland scenic still water on, spreading it out to the edge, afterwards I used water effect and an old brush to do the white breaks by the shore, when that was dry. I dry brushed scar white, and cerimite which in the raised ridges

AMAZING base bro ! Will keep your tips, thank you so much for sharing !

10 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

I think I'll stick to a sandy sceme for my bases.

But do I redo the bases for my Corsairs so they match as allies?

definitely not, no guarantee they will be allies.

They may very well end up becoming high elf allies rather than dark. we don't know that yet.

I know they ally with daughters but not ally allies are reciprocated, e.g. phoenix temple can take sylvaneth allies, sylvaneth can't take phoenix temple buddies.

2 hours ago, maximum_pants said:

definitely not, no guarantee they will be allies.

They may very well end up becoming high elf allies rather than dark. we don't know that yet.

I know they ally with daughters but not ally allies are reciprocated, e.g. phoenix temple can take sylvaneth allies, sylvaneth can't take phoenix temple buddies.

I hope they are.  I want to actually field my corsairs!

Those are some really good basing ideas. I wonder how many Deepkin players will be raiding pet shops for fish tank decorations. 

This weekend the new white dwarf will go up for preorder and we should start seeing pics early next week. What do you think our chances of seeing some Deepkin info are?

The rumours have said 14th for preorder which will probably mean a week of bloodbowl after the Dark Eldar. White dwarf usually covers preorders up to the week after release which would include week one of Deepkin,  but with Forgebane, Necrons, Dark Eldar and maybe bloodbowl to cover, they may delay it and do a whole Deepkin focused issue in May. 

In any case if the preorder dates true we should start seeing Warhammer community articles from April 10th. 

I am very curious what some of the alternative builds and unrevealed minis look like. 

Exciting times!

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Those are some really good basing ideas. I wonder how many Deepkin players will be raiding pet shops for fish tank decorations. 

This weekend the new white dwarf will go up for preorder and we should start seeing pics early next week. What do you think our chances of seeing some Deepkin info are?

The rumours have said 14th for preorder which will probably mean a week of bloodbowl after the Dark Eldar. White dwarf usually covers preorders up to the week after release which would include week one of Deepkin,  but with Forgebane, Necrons, Dark Eldar and maybe bloodbowl to cover, they may delay it and do a whole Deepkin focused issue in May. 

In any case if the preorder dates true we should start seeing Warhammer community articles from April 10th. 

I am very curious what some of the alternative builds and unrevealed minis look like. 

Exciting times!

We might even see leaks earlier than then if we’re lucky.

We will see official GW announcement of pre-orders with a lot of pics on 8th of April then previews 9-13th of April and pre-orders on 14th. Usually big leaks happen when someone gets the Battletome earlier - about Monday after pre-orders (maybe few days earlier in some cases). 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I should speculate on here more often. White dwarf pics just leaked on the French warhammer forum. There is some info.  Preorder for the book is confirmed as the 14th of April.

Even more exciting times!!!

Well what else? Also I told you we would be getting leaks. GW never lets us down like clockwork. 

Just thinking about these aelves and their relationship with the other aelven factions.

It is said that this faction turned against Teclis, so is it safe to assume they will have a poor relationship with the "lightkin"?

Could it be that the "deepkin" were manipulated by shadowy forces (Morathi and Malerion)?

It would be cool if these were part of a Dark Elf resurgence with DoK, Shadowkin and the other DE legacy factions. They really have a "darker" feel. So I am interested in their alliance chart.

I wonder if when Slaanesh returns we will see Morath and Malerion vs Teclis and Tyrion - each side vying to bring all of aelven-kind into their fold to battle against Slaanesh. So a three way battle royale between the light, the dark and chaos. With some nice super-battalions combining lots of factions.

More like Malthaan  found them or they found him (vid mentions they found hope) and he is rumoured to be quite the angry fella if the new we leaks are to be true, I doubt they were manipulated more like angry for being rejected no doubt. Malereon is working on his shadowkin. Despite the Deepkin looking very de their lore seems quite different (other than the eating souls thing). I’m going to assume shadowkin won’t be reject sky, eaters so even the "dark" elves are now outdone in terms of a more evil faction. 

Looks like Mathlann is dead or gone, much like Khaine. The avatar's warscroll text says some stuff about 'the spirits of the ancestors of the Idoneth being invoked' and about the Avatar being an 'idealised incarnation of that lost god'. Enough is left for the Idoneth to, well, make an avatar of him but I'd be interested in seeing how they went from Teclis's creation to fleeing and embracing a god of the world-that-was.

Hero Stat 

Move 12" 

Wound 12

Save 3+

Melee Weapon

Spear                         Range 2"             Attack 4           to hit 3+      to wound 2+    Rend-2    Damage 2

hook                           Range 1"             Attack 4           to hit 2+     to wound 3+     Rend-1    Damage 1

Stormshoal             Range3"             Attack2D6     to hit 4+      to wound 4+     Rend -     Damage 1

Ability

- Reroll 1 to hit and +1 Damage on the spear if you charge.Heal D3 after the charge.you can charge even after retreat

- Reroll wound roll of 1 for units within 9"

- At the start of combat phase you can debuff a hero within 3" if he has a Wound Characteristic less than 8 -> -1 to hit till the end of combat phase

Credit: Cinderfall

AB53519A-B6A5-42C7-9B22-9E0E4BF1A53F.jpeg

3 Picture leaks from the new WD from France (found on Dakka) including another new model - RAPTOR SEA-HORSE

edit - somehow I didn't spot that beast in the video - not sure how *blames it on the 2am viewing of the preview video* but still new pictures!

9a9a6dbba94d917b117b2c5c9c8ba6e5_94383.j

0266ea6320fc14ffd5d145deba502d5a_94383.j[/img]

1d15c94281a8efae89573d8da53c5357_94383.j

Avatar in current meta unless there is some kind of mortal wound defence (and I doubt it) is quite bad, he is less tanky then TLA (considering standard TLA loadout) and we know that TLA are just dying like flies to so many things. 

Of course it's first impression a lot can change with Allegiance Ability, Syngergies, Spells etc. 

Archived