Hoping to bring back some Anvilgard conversation.  I too see that there are perhaps better options in other cities and magic/shooting seems to be our sweet spot and that is where i will go when playing at 2000.

Despite that, i am using a 1000 point anvilgard for a smalll event and was looking for input to optimize despite the limitations of the list:

Im bringing 3 chariots....do you bring them as a single unit or as 3 seperate?  I like the better shooting with the leader but like the ability to bring a chariot to where it is needed compared to 3 large bases all traveling together.

Im going to have 40 to 50 cosairs.  In a 1000 point list where these are the only foot troops, do you run them 40 and 10...5 groups of 10...30-20...20-20-10.  There are point savings for big units but you lose some versatility.  Small units allow versatility but are weak on their own.

Vitriolic spray?  Seems wonderful but is it worth running without the sorcess +2 (shes not allowed for this event) and/or the spell portal as the range is short.

If you cant dispel an endless spell (as my only caster will be a secretive warlock), is there any point bringing one or am i just asking for disaster as i give my opponent the chance to use it.  Im thinkinh of using emerald life swarm to keep a big unit of corsairs healthy longer but run the risk my opponent can do the same for their models.

Thank you and any input is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

18 hours ago, basement dweller said:

Hoping to bring back some Anvilgard conversation.  I too see that there are perhaps better options in other cities and magic/shooting seems to be our sweet spot and that is where i will go when playing at 2000.

Despite that, i am using a 1000 point anvilgard for a smalll event and was looking for input to optimize despite the limitations of the list:

Im bringing 3 chariots....do you bring them as a single unit or as 3 seperate?  I like the better shooting with the leader but like the ability to bring a chariot to where it is needed compared to 3 large bases all traveling together.

Im going to have 40 to 50 cosairs.  In a 1000 point list where these are the only foot troops, do you run them 40 and 10...5 groups of 10...30-20...20-20-10.  There are point savings for big units but you lose some versatility.  Small units allow versatility but are weak on their own.

Vitriolic spray?  Seems wonderful but is it worth running without the sorcess +2 (shes not allowed for this event) and/or the spell portal as the range is short.

If you cant dispel an endless spell (as my only caster will be a secretive warlock), is there any point bringing one or am i just asking for disaster as i give my opponent the chance to use it.  Im thinkinh of using emerald life swarm to keep a big unit of corsairs healthy longer but run the risk my opponent can do the same for their models.

Thank you and any input is greatly appreciated

3 chariots get bonus but 3x1 chariot gives you larger coverage, flexibility and from my POV better shooting here (as you can safely activate one by one). Chariots are also quite large and block large areas for charges. Gives your 40 pirates better chance to charge. I guess it's more down to 150 vs 180 points in your list.

Not bringing at least 1 wizard seems waste in CoS. Empowered endless spells can wreck. Anvilgard with it's pirates and chariots... lack MW output if you don't use Spray. And Spray is only (imo) good with forward running sorceress (2 of them) and ton of non-rend followup (darkshards / maybe xbow corsairs). Since you can't use sorceress? I would drop a Battlemage with Lighting and Sap Strenght on Vortex (or better Incantor for +2 save wizard with 24" aoe threat). Gives you bit of MW output.

In Anvilgard I played around Arcanum's CA and few endless spells to some ok effect (arcanum gives Endless Spell +1d6 move, can stack....) and Anvilgard can start with extra CA's. But you also need sorceress here so this is likely out for you.

Large group of pirates should be better (swords) and you can support it better (wildform, pha's, Fleetmasters CA). Also they can cover entire board with BS immunity (Anvilgard). Also since you don't use unreliable Spray here, swords bit better again than xbows.

Also Secretive Warlock... might be better to take Crimelord for extra Artifact + Something (d3 CA's).

Ruby Ring is one bad artifact you can pick from Aqshy list. It does d3MW to nearest unit in 18" on 5+. Now compare that to warlock success rate... and fact spells can be unbound, resisted with effects/artifacts, used against you, etc... Drakescale cloak is nice, toss it on Incantor... +2 save wizard on vortex with cloak...

1 hour ago, Sapca said:

3 chariots get bonus but 3x1 chariot gives you larger coverage, flexibility and from my POV better shooting here (as you can safely activate one by one). Chariots are also quite large and block large areas for charges. Gives your 40 pirates better chance to charge. I guess it's more down to 150 vs 180 points in your list.

Not bringing at least 1 wizard seems waste in CoS. Empowered endless spells can wreck. Anvilgard with it's pirates and chariots... lack MW output if you don't use Spray. And Spray is only (imo) good with forward running sorceress (2 of them) and ton of non-rend followup (darkshards / maybe xbow corsairs). Since you can't use sorceress? I would drop a Battlemage with Lighting and Sap Strenght on Vortex (or better Incantor for +2 save wizard with 24" aoe threat). Gives you bit of MW output.

In Anvilgard I played around Arcanum's CA and few endless spells to some ok effect (arcanum gives Endless Spell +1d6 move, can stack....) and Anvilgard can start with extra CA's. But you also need sorceress here so this is likely out for you.

Large group of pirates should be better (swords) and you can support it better (wildform, pha's, Fleetmasters CA). Also they can cover entire board with BS immunity (Anvilgard). Also since you don't use unreliable Spray here, swords bit better again than xbows.

Also Secretive Warlock... might be better to take Crimelord for extra Artifact + Something (d3 CA's).

Ruby Ring is one bad artifact you can pick from Aqshy list. It does d3MW to nearest unit in 18" on 5+. Now compare that to warlock success rate... and fact spells can be unbound, resisted with effects/artifacts, used against you, etc... Drakescale cloak is nice, toss it on Incantor... +2 save wizard on vortex with cloak...

Thank you.  This is very helpful.  Ill keep my 40 pack of corairs and split the chariots into single untils for the added flexibility.  I will also see if i can make an incantor work...i would like a wizard in the list.  If i bring an incantor, do you think the vortex is the best endless spell or do i bring something else.  Its only 1000 points so i wasnt planning on more than 1 endless but could be convinced otherwise....

38 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

How about Quicksliver Swords for some cheap MW delivery?

Out of interest, why is the Sorceress not allowed, Basement Dweller?

Hahaha....the tournament is a starter box challenge.  The intention is to start a new army and get some new people into the hobby.  Due to that, the only units can include must be in a start collecting box or one of the starter sets (i.e. soul wars).  The sorceress isnt in a starter box so she cant join my army.  Battlemages (battlemage ally set) and the Incantor (soul wars) can be included.

22 hours ago, basement dweller said:

Thank you.  This is very helpful.  Ill keep my 40 pack of corairs and split the chariots into single untils for the added flexibility.  I will also see if i can make an incantor work...i would like a wizard in the list.  If i bring an incantor, do you think the vortex is the best endless spell or do i bring something else.  Its only 1000 points so i wasnt planning on more than 1 endless but could be convinced otherwise....

2+ Endless only if you also have 2+ wizards. Incantor + Battlemage, Vortex+Swords/Pendulum/Geminids

Incantor on Vortex is one of best you can pick since if sorceress is out.

24" Spirit Storm can absolutely mess with opponent reliant on run+charge.

Threat range is like 27-28" when Incantor is not on vortex yet (place vortex in front of incantor 1", put him on, measure 24" from vortex edges...) This reaches things on Turn1. If Vortex is not unbound or failed ofc.

Having 140 point wizard cast 2 spells is nice, specially when extra option is Sap Strenght. 

Incantor will not be shot down with 2+ save so that 40 you pay for Vortex will not get lost easily. Especially if he has Drakescale cloak up also. Doesn't need to hang back... nor you want to.

There's niche move sometimes available. Casting vortex while in combat to get out of it (requires that opponent is ~1.5+" away from Incantor), dispel vortex and move Incantor 6".... then move/charge. Since Incantor is bit harder target late(r) game runs on objectives are not uncommon. Summoning and dispelling vortex can move you ~8-9" in hero phase (setup 1" away, get on, dispell, get 6" away). Incantor has ok attacks and flasks so... it works )

Other options:

Spells:

Swords - Cheap and great mw

Pendulum - Safe option, can hit twice

Geminids - Great

Shackles - Ok if you can shoot things (not in Anvilgard)

Bravery Bomb (Jaws / Gravetide + Fell Gaze(Khabarydis) -> for -4 bravery.

Wizards:

Battlemage (Azyr) gets 24" D3 Chain Lighting on vortex that bounces D3! MW in 6" from UNIT targeted. This can deal some serious damage, especially when someone brings large tarpit/net unit stretched in line. One of best damage options that can kill support heroes in two casts, but old man is frail and can be shot when on Vortex, Look Out helps tho.

Pha's protection is nice on large units (40 pirates), but doesn't need vortex.

Wildform is nice for things that run+charge (mostly Sorceress combos, eg Executioners).

---

Battlemage + Incantor + Vortex + Swords = 300 points.

1x 280 for 40 Pirates

3x1 Chariots is 180

240 left to 1000. You need 1 more Battleline or Fleetmaster general here.

Fleetmaster leaves you with 180 points and that's a Hydra/Khabarydiss with Acidic Blood / Fell Gaze.

Could work and would look quite cool on table.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sapca said:

---

Battlemage + Incantor + Vortex + Swords = 300 points.

1x 280 for 40 Pirates

3x1 Chariots is 180

240 left to 1000. You need 1 more Battleline or Fleetmaster general here.

Fleetmaster leaves you with 180 points and that's a Hydra/Khabarydiss with Acidic Blood / Fell Gaze.

Could work and would look quite cool on table.

Once again...thank you very much.  Looks like a fun list.

I assume the fleetmaster and the battlemage will have to hang behind the corsairs so they dont get shot off the board too easily (look out sir!).  The chariots and the incantor can round around the board causing damage and confusion hopefully.

It doesnt give you any cheap units for holding obectives, screening or protecting your general as a retinue.  The chariots can provide the screening role it would seem.   It seems like keeping the battlemage and the fleetmaster alive might be challenging if the opponent has some range/spells.

So this is my current A list....i have 2 days to change my mind as we have to submit our lists by Jan 25th...

Hello! I'm tinkering with the following list and having fun doing so. If you have questions or other feedback, please feel free to share.

I find the strength of Anvilgard to be in its "Make an Example of the Weak" command ability, which can potentially prevent battleshock over a wide zone. Much has been said elsewhere about Anvilgard's mount traits, spells, etc., but preventing battleshock over multiple units opens up a broader utilization of moderate Bravery, multiple wound options. I wanted to focus on that capacity and found the Demigryph Knights to benefit from this command ability's protection.

Typically, I rush the two units of Demigryph Knights to hammer the most dangerous opposing unit(s). I run the Kharibdyss and Drakespawn Chariots preferably toward an opposing monster and/or hero, hoping that the mortal wounds on their charges either destroy the target outright or significantly damage its offensive output prior to combat phase.

Each Executioner unit is teamed with a Sorceress, as well as a combat Hero with the ability to inflict mortal wounds on to Wound rolls of 6. The unit with the General and Adjutant tends to take the centermost objective, hopefully positioned within range to support the Demigryph Knights via the General's "Hold the Line" command ability. In doing so, the General and Adjutant both would also be in position to cast "Sap Strength" and "Word of Pain" on the largest opposing threat.

The other Executioner unit can manage backfield objectives and threats, or maneuver to further support the center. Being able to overlap multiple -1 to Hit debuffs, from spells and the Lord Relictor's "Lightning Storm" ability, makes an impact. The Sorceresses' "Command Underlings" ability can spike movement when needed.

I hope this list is fun for you, too. Happy wargaming!

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Anvilgard (Illicit Dealings: Hidden Agents)
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Trait: Secretive Warlock - Sap Strength
Sorceress (90)
- Spell: Lore of Dark Sorcerey - Shadow Daggers (Anvilgard Wizard)
- City Role: General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
Sorceress (90)
- Spell: Lore of Dark Sorcerey - Vitriolic Spray (Anvilgard Wizard)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Artefact: Venomfang Blade

Battleline
6 x Demigryph Knights (360)
- Lance and Sword
6 x Demigryph Knights (360)
- Lance and Sword
Kharibdyss (170)
- Drakeblood Curse: Jutting Bones (Anvilgard)

Units
20 x Executioners (260)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
20 x Executioners (260)
3 x Drakespawn Chariots (210)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 138

• Like 1

I'm making a 1k tournament soon, and I want to play Anvilgard (I usually play Grewater, so it is a big change). I made a list and i wanted to have your opinions on it. The tournament is with my friends (SE, FS, Sk, maybe Tzeentech), and it won't be soft! 😁

The list:

Illicit dealings: Black Market Bounty (1 extra artefact) and Hidden Agenda (D3 CP at the beginning of the battle)

Heroes:

Black ark fleet master, General, 60pts- Blackfang crimelord (2 Illicit dealings instead of 1), venomfang Blade (6 t wound=d3 MW)

Sorceress on black dragon, 300pts, witch rod and lash,  drakescale cloak (5+ FnP), Jutting bones (on charge: on a 2+, makes D3 MW) and the spell: sap strenght

Battleline:

20 black ark corsairs, 2 weapons, 160pts

2 scourgerunners chariots, 120pts

Other:

5 drakespawn knights, 150pts

Allies:

5 doomfire warlocks, crossbows, 160pts

Endless spells:

Prismatic palissade, 30pts

980pts

I wonder if the palissade is fine, or if I should take 1 scourgerunner chariot instead, to have a 3 chariots unit...I also wonder if the hydra wouldbe nice instead of the 5 knights.

I may miss some bodies but I'm Fast and I can deal mortal wounds with my spells.

The plan is to be able to adapt to my opponent 😅. I know Anvilgard is not so great but I like the idea of playing pirates with dinosaurs (ok, Hydra, it's ok...). Would I survive with this list?

2 hours ago, Crashnarf said:

I also wonder if the hydra wouldbe nice instead of the 5 knights.

Everything is better than knights. Regrettably. Especially without a dreadlord.

Also - I'm not sure about the blade on fleetmaster. He's not good in close combat anyway, his strength is in his command skill, mostly. If you were including the hydra, swapping extra artifact for extra drakeblood curse could be beneficial. I'm also unsure about sorceress with no units to use her command abilities on (they're really good) and nothing to sacrifice for casting bonus. And no vitriolic spray. Sap strength is good, too, but spray is commonly regarded as the best thing in Anvilgard.  As for Doomfire Warlocks - what's the plan for them? Unit of 5 doesn't do all that much damage with their magic as soon as 1 dies, and as allies they don't get anvilgard spells. Sisters of Thorn are quite similar in function and with access to shadow daggers they can deal a lot of MW, too, why not them? They are cheaper, too.

5 hours ago, Fazhak said:

If you have questions or other feedback, please feel free to share.

It's an interesting concept and I'd very much want to hear how it works out in practice. However, one thing - even though I'm in the 'Executioners aren't all that bad' group, I have to say that the best thing about them is their horde discount. Taken in numbers smaller that 30 they are outperformed by black guard in basically any matchup imaginable outside of exotic things such as 2+ re-rollable saves. Just changing them to 30 and 10 saves you 60 points.

8 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Massed Knights and Chariots took 8th at CanCon this weekend. 

And I'm overjoyed about this - confirms that you *can* make drakespawn work. But it was a large unit with proper dreadlord support, Azyros for hit re-rolls and vitriolic spray that makes their mount attacks much better. On their own ,they're still a weak warscroll (and, still, one of our worst. But we have pretty solid internal balance and even bad things can usually be usable in some way ;))

2 hours ago, dekay said:

It's an interesting concept and I'd very much want to hear how it works out in practice. However, one thing - even though I'm in the 'Executioners aren't all that bad' group, I have to say that the best thing about them is their horde discount. Taken in numbers smaller that 30 they are outperformed by black guard in basically any matchup imaginable outside of exotic things such as 2+ re-rollable saves. Just changing them to 30 and 10 saves you 60 points.

Thanks for this. I've debated this very point, too.

I might drop the Lord-Relictor to free up 100 points, spend 40 points to make both Executioner units into Black Guard units, and spend the remaining 60 points on Geminids of Uhl-Gysh.

I really like both the Lord-Relictor model, as well as its additional -1 to Hit debuff. Thus far, I'm enjoying the Executioners in this list. I'll look to continue exploring the Executioners' output and explore how the above changes might or might not provide significant improvement.

Any other thoughts on the list?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a collection of old Dark Elves. Having read the rules of Anvilgard I kind of dismissed them as I have no Hydra's, Kharibys's nor Scourgerunner chariots. But watching the Re-rolling ones Batrep I starting to see that there is a fun list to be made. 

So reading through the thread I see a couple of things I want to try but what would you do (roughly) with the following models?

My goal is to rebase them into an 1,5k army that can compete with mawtribes in a friendly setting. I'm open to adding some units, but like to keep the Elf theme.

Black dragon with Sorcerer or Dreadlord
Fleetmaster
2x sorceress
2x assassin
30 Corsairs
30 Executioners
5 Dark Riders
20 Dark Shards (bodies for 10 more dark shards/dreadspears/bleakswords)
30 Dreadspears
10 shades (that seem to fit the shadow warriors rules now)
Allies:
DoK, 2 bolt throwers that could play as Celestar Ballista, Stormcast.

Thanks for all suggestion! 

You can make a pretty Solid list out of your units you already have. Dreadlord on Black Dragon, Sorceresses, Dark Shards, Dreadspears, Dark Riders, Shadow Warriors and Executioners are quite good choices. And if you ally in some Khinerai, you could make a very potent deepstrike combined with the Shadow Warriors. 

If you want to add some more units, Phoenix Guard or Black Guard are very good Elven choices. I would stay away from Corsairs, as they are bad or Ballistas, because you have no support for them. 

What I would consider as well would be if you have the best City for your army. Tempest Eye would be my proposition for this one, because of Eagle Eye command trait for the Darkshards and the +1 attack spell for the Executioners. Moreover, the round 1 Bonus is a very nice Addition. 

Just try around with the Scrollbuilder and bring up some lists, so that we can make educated Suggestion. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, Sapca said:

Summoning and dispelling vortex can move you ~8-9" in hero phase (setup 1" away, get on, dispell, get 6" away). Incantor has ok attacks and flasks so... it works )

You can't do that. 

Dispelling happens at the start of the hero phase, so you are not able to cast it and then dispel it again unless I am terribly mistaken. 

On 2/19/2020 at 11:18 PM, zilberfrid said:

Has anyone run a Vitriolic Spray + Gyrocopter with steam gun?

A group of 3 should just about take out any 1 wound infantry unit with save - (in this one occasion, the size of the group is almost irrelevant).

Don't go and make Gyrocopters better in another city than they are in GWF. THEY WERE ALL WE HAD DAMN IT, ALL WE HAD 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On Sunday i play against Nighthaunt. For this match i created a new list. 

The fact that Vitriolic Spray has No use on that stupid ghosts let me took Lifeswarm to fillup dead Elite-Elves and the Palisade (with word of pain a nice debuff of -2 to gut)

The two Dreadlords stick together and both get use of their CA. 

Battlemage and Sorc hide in that 3 Darkling Coven Blocks an help them with magic.

Hydra can either support the Dragons or the Covens. Or just grab objectives. Same for the Chariots.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Cities of Sigmar) [1,990pts] ++

+ Leader +

Battlemage [90pts]: General's Adjunct, Ghur

Dreadlord on Black Dragon [300pts]: 2. Jutting Bones, 2. Venomfang Blade, Exile Blade and Tyrant Shield

Dreadlord on Black Dragon [300pts]: 1. Drakescale Cloak, Exile Blade and Tyrant Shield

Sorceress [90pts]: 1. Blackfang Crimelord, 2. Shadow Daggers, General

+ Battleline +

Black Guard [280pts]: 2x 10 Black Guard, Drummers, Standard Bearer

Darkshards [200pts]: 2x 10 Darkshards, Honoured Retinue, Hornblower, Standard Bearer

Executioners [330pts]: 3x 10 Executioners, Drummers, Standard Bearer

War Hydra [170pts]: 1. Acidic Blood

+ Other +

Scourgerunner Chariots [150pts]: 3x Scourgerunner Chariot

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar: Anvilgard

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Aqshy

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Emerald Lifeswarm [50pts]

Endless Spell: Prismatic Palisade [30pts]

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Greed

3 hours ago, Greed said:

The fact that Vitriolic Spray has No use on that stupid ghosts

It does affect Nighthaunt.  Vitriolic Spray does not modify the save roll, it changes the save characteristic.  So a Nighthaunt unit  affected by Vitriolic Spray would have their save characteristic changed to "-", which then can not be modified.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 2/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, Salyx said:

You can make a pretty Solid list out of your units you already have. Dreadlord on Black Dragon, Sorceresses, Dark Shards, Dreadspears, Dark Riders, Shadow Warriors and Executioners are quite good choices. And if you ally in some Khinerai, you could make a very potent deepstrike combined with the Shadow Warriors. 

If you want to add some more units, Phoenix Guard or Black Guard are very good Elven choices. I would stay away from Corsairs, as they are bad or Ballistas, because you have no support for them. 

What I would consider as well would be if you have the best City for your army. Tempest Eye would be my proposition for this one, because of Eagle Eye command trait for the Darkshards and the +1 attack spell for the Executioners. Moreover, the round 1 Bonus is a very nice Addition. 

Just try around with the Scrollbuilder and bring up some lists, so that we can make educated Suggestion. 

Yeah you're right that's easier. A middle of the road list would be:

1448271348_Screenshot2020-02-22at10_12_41.png.dabac5b0086904a6b720dbbba8ba278f.png

Executioners are quite good, although I have issues from a narrative perspective that their attack ends on a six, but that's pretty much all the punch in the list. 
Everything is nice, the assassin can fish for 6's and is a real hero killer in this set up. (unless i've misjudged it, but my understanding is I as the player decide the order of abilities that trigger at the same time. so I trigger the venomfang blade first on a 6 and then his ability for another d3 MW)
The combination Fleetmasters ability with vitrolic spray can be quite the killer I feel. 
Balewind just there for the points. Maybe better to drop it for a chance at the re-roll to hit triumph. 

I'm figuring out a more shooting based list. I'll post that later.
Also would like to make a list with melusai as allies and hydra's as battleline. To really get into the serpent theme, but that would require to much painting 😂

For reference my available collection: 

Spoiler

Black dragon with Sorcerer or Dreadlord
Fleetmaster
2x sorceress
2x assassin
30 Corsairs
30 Executioners
5 Dark Riders
20 Dark Shards (bodies for 10 more dark shards/dreadspears/bleakswords)
30 Dreadspears
10 shades (that seem to fit the shadow warriors rules now)
Allies:
DoK, 2 bolt throwers that could play as Celestar Ballista, Some Stormcast mailny vanguard and sacrosanct.

Edited by Kramer

A possible shooting list that I can make from my collection. Any feedback? 

i struggle a bit with finding punch in anvilguard while limiting myself to a sinister aelven theme. Am I missing stuff or is just not really there? 

F670BBF5-9DD6-4EF0-9EEF-4E14AAE039CE.png.9700269387100ff0b0aca4b3fe40e8c5.png

dragon does have a bit of punch and can re-roll all hit rolls to better fish for sixes plus the dragon attacks. 
ballista and dark shards does give some shooting thread while the corsairs are screen and executioners to counter attack. 

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Any feedback? 

I will repeat this over and over again: Executioners are questionable as is (and I'm one of their proponents!) and the best thing they have going for them is their horde discount. The second thing they have going for them is Sorceress' command ability that works on one unit. Multiple small units of executioners capitalise on neither of those. Think of it what you may ; )

• Like 2

@Kramer

I agree with @dekay about merging the Executioner units. The Venomfang Blade activates on wound rolls not hit rolls and is generally a bit pap, so I'd swap it out for the Drakescale Cloak on the Dreadlord for on average a third extra wounds, and give the dragon Jutting Bones instead of acidic blood. Also a lance and a shield if you can model them on, but if you think two weapons looks cool then stick with two weapons. :) 

I'm not sure how an artefact benefits your Sorceress, so you might be better off being illicitly dealt extra command points. Reliably getting Vitriolic spray off every turn is crucial, so I'd' definitely want to think about dropping something (perhaps the Fleetmaster and Corsairs) for an Umbral Spellportal and 10 Dreadspears.

• Like 1