Which Allies Would You Like To Include in Your Army?

6 hours ago, Galas said:

Giants. I allready used giants in bot my bloodbound and greenskin armies. But now? Oh boy.

And Minotaurs. I have a blackfur with white armour minotaur/doombull from Mierce with a squad of 5 minotaurs that always use with my khorne army. And Now I'm gonna be able to do that without losing habilities! :D 

Totally with you re Giants and Minotaure...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Fyreslayers have a Start Collecting!™ box, and I already have Kharadron Overlords and some Dispossessed, I hope they're at least all all allied together so I can make various Grand Alliance Dwarfs armies.

I also already have a Night Haunt skirmish warband that I'd love to expand into a full army so being able to add anything without my Spirit Hosts(and I think soon Hexwraiths?) losing battleline would be great, and for practical reasons, the Mortis Engine working as an ally would work just so that Start Collecting!™ Malignants box is worth it.

Other than that, I also have a unit of Rock Trolls who I will one day™ build a Destruction army around depending on who they can ally with. Or not and I'll just build mixed goblins, orcs, ogres and trolls, allegiance be damned(this is probably most likely).

For my Order Armies I'll be throwing in an Empire Cannon and Helblaster Volley Gun with my Stormcast Eternals. And I want to try out some Greatswords as well. Maybe 20 Freeguild Crossbowmen and 20 Freeguild Archers at some point too. Should be a good time !

For my Chaos army, can't go wrong with either my Archaon on Horseback or Be'lakor for my Slaves to Darkness army and Be'lakor and some Chosen for my Host of Slaanesh army. It will be grand !

I don't intend use allies when running a Stormcast army. 

A wizard or two would be convenient, but I have been doing well without them.

But an allied force of Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows will be an excellent addition to my Order Draconis army.

Mono Order Draconis army suffers heavily from lack of long range shooting.

Hopefully, long range support from at least 6 Vanguard-Raptors will help me solve the issue.

Warherd allies with my Brayherd I think. I'd like to run a chaos sorcerer as well, his ability and spell is awesome but I done feel like I could look at it on the table, one weird guy surrounded with goats and cows >.<

Definitely planning on putting some artillery in my Ironjawz. 2 lobbas in 1k :D Also maybe a big blob of night goblins and a boss, depends on the points reduction they get for horde. Otherwise I have the giant, or arachnarok. And also an Orc Warboss with banner, for the Orruk keyword shenanigans. Rerolling wounds on brutes? Sure!

7 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Definitely planning on putting some artillery in my Ironjawz. 2 lobbas in 1k :D Also maybe a big blob of night goblins and a boss, depends on the points reduction they get for horde. Otherwise I have the giant, or arachnarok. And also an Orc Warboss with banner, for the Orruk keyword shenanigans. Rerolling wounds on brutes? Sure!

Thing with arachnarok is, it's way better with spider riders to buff, but the allies point cap makes that a bit inefficient; you can can only afford the arachnarok and 5 measly spiders riders. 

Or could do arachnarok plus 20 night goblins, but no fanatics... 

I've gone the other way round and doing Spiderfang main army but with 20 night goblins and 2 fanatics (for 1k). Plus 3 rockgut trolls for 2k. 

I can't wait to have skin wolf and minotaur allies for my slaves to darkness army - marauders (bloodreavers), marauder horsemen, war mammoths and now with the possibility of skin wolves, minotaurs or the odd ettin- I'm happy

I also hope that even though the ghb won't have FW models in their allies lists, that FW themselves are quick to put up a chart for us...  oh and allow mammoths and skin wolves to be marked... and bring the cursed ettin back into production as I liked that one.:)

Never gonna happen but I'd love to be able to run some Maneaters in my Free City force. They're known mercenaries wearing identifiably Freeguild outfits, and one of them's even carrying a borrowed marble Ghal-Maraz.

99810213014_ManeaterPirateNEW01.jpg

99810213011_ManeaterImperialNEW01.jpg

Fyreslayers working as mercenaries outside of Grand Alliance the way they do in their battletome would also be neat, and mechanically it would really be no different from running a unit of Seraphon who aren't benefiting from any allegiance junk in a Stormcast force. Can't see it happening though, folks dun like crossing streams.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:38 PM, heywoah_twitch said:

Beatclaw seems to lack cheap disposable units and wizards. Destruction abilities and items are way better than pure bcr, and people were already splashing a bunch of grots, so actually the new ally rules don't seem to matter much to me.

Being more of a fluffy player, I can't imagine a world where the Huskard doesn't just eat whatever horde units I'd ally with (grots, ruk, etc), so hopefully mournfang get a big point drop, and I can ally with one or two inedible wizards, like a ghost one that haunts the everwinter or something.

A butcher or firebelly painted like a bcr is the obvious choice for this.

For my clan pestilens army, if points allow it, I would love to add 1 unit of 4 rat ogors and packmaster to lead them and then I would convert them to be plague rat ogors or something like that. For my Skyre army I probably just give my 2 plagueclaw catapults, they fit the theme of skyre and they're not bad either.

I don’t really need allies at the moment as a mixed Death player but if Deathrattle ever get some decent allegiance abilities then I’ll go straight Deathrattle and ally in some difficult-to-summon heavier elites, like vargheists and morghasts. Or alternatively ally in support heroes (vampire/necromancer) and summon in the elites.

Probably a Hurricanum in my Wanderers now.  Give that a try.  I have the Elven Attack Chariot so that's my proxy.

Or the STar Priest and DE Sorcererss in Wanderers.  

Maybe a plague priest in Warherd?  or blood stoker and blood secrator and the Khrone minotaur formation?

Otherwise I think allegiance is a little annoying as it kinda punishes Elf players these days.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:58 AM, Jamie the Jasper said:

Oh, well that's... unsatisfying. :|

And here I was thinking that the days of Allegiance Abilities stifling creative army themes were over. If allies are restricted to only the most basic and obvious groupings then the concept doesn't go anywhere near far enough for me.

Creative means the opposite of 'taking whatever you want and keeping your allegiance ability' to me... xD

9 hours ago, Rhellion said:

Creative means the opposite of 'taking whatever you want and keeping your allegiance ability' to me... xD

The freedom to be creative also creates the freedom to abuse. We must use our powers wisely. -_- <--(serene wisdom face)

Archived