Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, one thing I'm interested in seeing is what the sigil on the eyeless thralls do. I'm sure it's for control or for soul stealing, but maybe it's also to allow them to "see" souls? almost like thermo vision?

Another thing is I wanna know if the merwyrm will get an update for order now too...

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

So, one thing I'm interested in seeing is what the sigil on the eyeless thralls do. I'm sure it's for control or for soul stealing, but maybe it's also to allow them to "see" souls? almost like thermo vision?

Another thing is I wanna know if the merwyrm will get an update for order now too...

It's a rune of "half-soul" along with their metal collar to anchor stolen souls on the thralls.

Something like that. :P

On 3/29/2018 at 1:53 AM, Overread said:

On the evil score I think their evil will be more that they want to harvest souls rather than potentially wanting to disembowel you for fun. So they'll be evil by nessessity of survival, which could give them a neat "we are evil but we don't want to be evil" view on the world. 

If you ask me all the leaders of all the factions are evil or dead. And are all greedy and only really care about tgemselves. 

So really all 4 factions boil down to what are the little guys trying to do. 

Chaos, they want personal power, and have chosen to follow a dark god to get there. 

Destruction, break stuff. 

Nagash, they don't have a choice as it's nagashes way or the highway. 

Order, want to just find a place and get through life. Some need to eat souls others just want a cottage, and others want thier forest left alone. 

None of the above ie particularly good, as all of those things come st the expense of others. 

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Anything else you remember?

Idoneth society is split into 3 castes: Got their own names that I don't remember but generally breaks down to the warrior-lord class, magic-builder-middle class, and the lower-class thralls. The thralls are the youngest generation but suffers from no soul hence their bodies degenerate quickly and need to have souls inserted into them during infancy. Even then they only like up to 50 years whilst the other caste live long lives. 

It's a pretty tragic story best if you read it out of WD. 

3 hours ago, Qaz said:

Idoneth society is split into 3 castes: Got their own names that I don't remember but generally breaks down to the warrior-lord class, magic-builder-middle class, and the lower-class thralls. The thralls are the youngest generation but suffers from no soul hence their bodies degenerate quickly and need to have souls inserted into them during infancy. Even then they only like up to 50 years whilst the other caste live long lives. 

Oh, that's just the "high water" elves and "deep water" elves I've been hoping for. tragic, cruel, and yet explains why they are failures to teclis and why they need to be jerks. Love it! 

Edit: Also, wonder if other species souls would do. Can they steal from orruks, ogors, chaos and the like? cause if so that would provide some good targets rather than human villages.

3 hours ago, Qaz said:

Wow that is sad. It kind of strikes me they raid because they have too not because they want too. I kind of like that if my theorizing is true. 

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Wow that is sad. It kind of strikes me they raid because they have too not because they want too. I kind of like that if my theorizing is true. 

Ya, they have to raid to continue the survival of their civilization and I recall correctly, they raid anybody and becoming more desperate for souls. Previously, they went unnoticed due to the spells of 'forgetfulness' so survivors tell no tale but slowly the other races start to notice and vowed revenge. I felt like they ally themselves to Sigmar (to fight Chaos) to protect themselves from full-out backlash (I mean a human kingdom would think twice, attacking idoneth if they have Sigmar's favour). 

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Oh, that's just the "high water" elves and "deep water" elves I've been hoping for. tragic, cruel, and yet explains why they are failures to teclis and why they need to be jerks. Love it! 

Again if memory serve correctly, Teclis made them 'prefect' but after some time with them he realize they were 'disturbed'. When he cast a magic to reveal the 'secret', they were ashamed(?) and ran away to hide in the deepest of oceans. The  ones on Deepmare (seahorse) are one of the "high water" elves: the lords, kings, queens and firstborns. I think the named character on the Deepmare is one of the firstborn of Teclis. 

Given the choice, they would completely isolate themselves. Some (or Most?) idoneth still do. 

Tried my best to remember, I had a marathon of 10 Shadespire games  and was trying to bless my dice with crits all day. Please read this post with salt due to fuzzy memory. 

Anyone read the names on the preview? The blind warriors are called Nemarti (Thralls and Reavers I hear are two types), with the Akhelians being the eel riders. Fangmora Eels I think it said. All on the community site anyway, just zoom in on the pic. 

Edit: bit more... Leviadons (turtle?) and the magic users are called Isharann (anything to do with Isha?). The Arkhelians are referred to as Princes. 

Asking someone who might know someone, the unicorn seahorse (Deepmare @Qaz?) rider is called Volturnos or something similar. Or one of the options.

I was thinking of going with something like the bleak horde slaves to darkness warband! I like how it’s bright but not totally cartoony haha. To me it looks like that was what they went with for the avatars armor in the first reveals too, but I’m not positive.

E60518EF-3FCA-4602-B80C-DB60BC82D009.jpeg

I did my DE in a nice deadly slick purple scheme so going to nix that. I'm wanting to make mine ugly as looking as I can and then try have them be as good as they can be minus the soul steal thing. I want to play up the tragedy aspect and the fearsome gross looking sea aspect. 

Metal will be a corrosive faded and as worn as I can make it bronze of some sort. Although a more worn silver would work too. Skin on the humans will stay pale but I want to add a weird yellow tinge to it like they kind of look sick or something. Then the fish will be pale and gross looking and I'm going to try make the skin look slimy. 

44 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Out of interest, anyone got colour schemes in mind already? Wracking my brain for ideas.

Probably something typical. I'm not sure I'll be convinced of a better scheme than the silver and blue wash.

I may add in some green.

Alternatively it could be silver with  hints of the oxide wash or doing armor with verdigris.

2 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

The newest Malign Portents story seems to be about the Deepkin.

https://malignportents.com/story/village-of-mists/

hey, gw didn't forget swifthawks exist! neat! and yea I imagine they really do belong to the grand alliance of "odor" now with those descriptions.

and that was a nice, atmospheric piece hopefully it will Tide me over till we know more. they still got me hooked!

4 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

hey, gw didn't forget swifthawks exist! neat! and yea I imagine they really do belong to the grand alliance of "odor" now with those descriptions.

and that was a nice, atmospheric piece hopefully it will Tide me over till we know more. they still got me hooked!

Awful puns. I have reported you to the moderators. They really stink

Archived