New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

Power from pain mechanic???

Those unfamiliar. The longer the game goes the more army wide buffs you get.

Indeed, this seems likely for the shapeshifting mechanic. The longer you keep Morathi in her aelven form, the better the command buffs.

In this way, there will be a real incentive for the opposing player to "kill" aelven Morathi as soon as possible, even if she turns into a snake monster.

Also as I pointed out elsewhere Aislann/Manthlan  taken by the see and Teclis tossed Widowmaker into the same  sea so maybe the secret that Sea Elves are hiding is Sword of Khaine with some part of Khaine essence still there and was the key to their survival or thanks to emerging of Mortahi sword somehow"came to life". That would make them obvious antagonists of Morathi. 

6 minutes ago, NoElf said:

Well hello fulgrim! 

Yup, although the joke going around at the moment is that people will buy this to make a conversion and the model appears next year ;) 

I think it's a lovely model and it's very exciting to see how taking one aspect from the old game has been fleshed out with new background and models. Again, I can not say it enough - GW are doing a fantastic job at the moment.

11 hours ago, Sete said:

I think the sea aelves will be the antagonists of Morathi. She looks like Medusa, so im expecting some sort of Perseus.

That is a really cool idea. I'm hoping that the Corsairs are part of the sea aelves (if the teaser is for sea aelves of course ;) ), as I have loads of them at the moment. In fact if that is not the case, that's given me an idea!!

42 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup, although the joke going around at the moment is that people will buy this to make a conversion and the model appears next year ;)

*later this year ;-P

43 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

That is a really cool idea. I'm hoping that the Corsairs are part of the sea aelves (if the teaser is for sea aelves of course ;) ), as I have loads of them at the moment. In fact if that is not the case, that's given me an idea!!

From what rumours say, the Sea Elves are a completely new line, similar to the Sky dwarfs, and won't cannibalise on an older rang  as DoK Or Sylvaneth do.

So they basically get the Bonesplitterz save,,having played extensive splitters over the last year I can say with confidence that the 6+ vs anything is borderline uselss.Also sounds like they will have very few ally options amongst the Order GA.

This may be another one of the few releases I dont buy into..last thing I need is another melee/magic focused army to get shot off the board with.

Reading their justifaction on why they are GA order and all I have to say is. Nope still does not work, they make no sense as part of it. The fact that they are even tolerated makes no sense.

They should just shuffle all the Dark Elves into their own GA. 

I can’t wait to get these models. Got the Blood Coven box, maybe waiting on Morathi though. That model looks intimidating. Medusae archers models are hopefully gonna be some decent ranged attacks, which is missing at the moment for the DoK. I play Slaanesh StD, I want to have a shooting phase.

1 hour ago, MacDuff said:

If you got a defined system running your gang, you got order. If your organizing goal is blood, glop, tentacles, or ******, you got chaos. If you like to break things, you got destruction. If you just want to rattle your bones, you got death.

As said elsewhere, those 4 GA could offer much more and diverse sub-structures. Chaos hasn't to be about the Grand 4 and living normadic livestyle but could mean rejecting the base values the other 3 GA offer, while still building a functioning city state or nation.  Death hasn't to be all about the dead and halting all live, but could also mean utilising the dead for the benefit of the living. Order could mean, you follow a goal of absolut conquest but hate the hell out of your "order buddies" as well as the freedom chaos might offer. 

13 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Soo... Fyreslayers?

If Gotrek (for example) was their high-priest and while the Fyreslayers were offering up prayers to Grimnir they were actually powering up Gotrek instead.

Morathi is playing everyone against everyone else for her own benefit.

Regarding the Grand Alliances, I presume this has been suggested before, but wouldn't the Realms provide some sort of built-in narrative alliance system? So that Azyr factions could ally with Ghyran, Aqshy, Chamon but not Shyish. You could maintain the current four Grand Alliances to grandfather in people's factions, but a Realms system would be neatly tied into the narrative and not add too much complexity.

3 hours ago, Dorimant said:

If Gotrek (for example) was their high-priest and while the Fyreslayers were offering up prayers to Grimnir they were actually powering up Gotrek instead.

I know you're using that as an example, but what are the odds that is what's actually happening? With Gotrek coming back, having undergone some sort of apotheosis and Morathi trying for godhood, could we be seeing a new set of gods or demi-gods form in the Mortal Realms?

18 hours ago, Thostos said:

So they basically get the Bonesplitterz save,,having played extensive splitters over the last year I can say with confidence that the 6+ vs anything is borderline uselss.Also sounds like they will have very few ally options amongst the Order GA.

This may be another one of the few releases I dont buy into..last thing I need is another melee/magic focused army to get shot off the board with.

It's not the bonesplitterz save. It works differently since it works on top of your armor. Anyways, deflecting 1/6 wounds over the course of a game is pretty good, no matter how you feel about it.

The Daughters of Khaine came into being following the capture of Slaanesh. Morathi, having escaped the god’s clutches through magical means, helped weave the enchantment that caught Slaanesh, with Malerion, Teclis and Tyrion – ancient aelven warriors reborn as Gods of this new age – also providing aid. Together, they were able to free the aelven souls within Slaanesh, and each was rewarded with a portion to shape as they wished. Combining powerful magic with the sacrifice of her own blood, Morathi forged a new aelven race, and the Melusai and the Khinerai are the first among them.

Source

Interesting quote. Suggests there will be four distinct aelven factions:

• Morathi: Daughters of Khaine
  • Malerion: ? Mistweaver faction
  • Tyrion: ?
  • Teclis: ?

Though Tyrion and Teclis may jointly represent a single faction I guess, given their relationship.

Archived