Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arkiham

Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Riavan said:

In azyr, Nurgle has all the correct options (command traits and items) and troop choices. Maggotkin and demons don't contains all the troop choices and limit you for no reason. Demon for example doesn't even let you add a demon prince with a nurgle mark except as an ally.

That's why you should just use the FREE warscroll builder app. All Hail @scrollbuilderdude

@fredster4050 Toads are 3 for 120. A unit of 12 is only 400 though. Also recognize that there are multiple "battleline ifs" like in Turmakhans horde I BELEIVE toads are battleline if You have the Turmakhans Horde allegiance... which means jus that (except allies) every unit in your army has the Turmakhans keyword. :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

That's why you should just use the FREE warscroll builder app. All Hail @scrollbuilderdude

Warscroll builder actually doesn't work at all for this. It doesn't have an option for nurgle or maggotkin of Nurgle. Only demons or rotbringers (mortal). So it needs a significant update.

Azyr works well, they just should rename Nurgle alliegence to maggotkin of Nurgle. So it doesn't confuse people.

Edited by Riavan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Riavan said:

Warscroll builder actually doesn't work at all for this. It doesn't have an option for nurgle or maggotkin of Nurgle. Only demons or rotbringers (mortal). So it needs a significant update.

I'm looking at it right now and I clearly see the Allegiance: Nurgle tab.

 

Unless you meant that the Rotbringers and Daemons aren't consolidated like Legion of Nagash which is true, but only takes an extra click.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I'm looking at it right now and I clearly see the Allegiance: Nurgle tab.

 

Unless you meant that the Rotbringers and Daemons aren't consolidated like Legion of Nagash which is true, but only takes an extra click.

This is true, and I believe it's caused enough confusion that I'll be consolidating Nurgle, Tzeentch and Khorne as soon as I can.

All Maggotkin artefacts, spells and units are there, just separated into the various factions that make up Nurgle.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great! Though I'm already so used to the current system that its gonna be weird to me seeing everything in one convenient place. Old habits die hard :P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scrollbuilderdude said:

This is true, and I believe it's caused enough confusion that I'll be consolidating Nurgle, Tzeentch and Khorne as soon as I can.

All Maggotkin artefacts, spells and units are there, just separated into the various factions that make up Nurgle.

It's still a bit of an issue is azyr too. Like why is rotbringers or demons an option. I think it just confuses people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just played in a local tournament this weekend in Milwaukee,[Brew City Bash]. Finished 15th overall with 85 of 125 possible points with this fluffy list.:D

 

BCBash2k.pdf 

Day 1

First game was major victory v death [arkhan, vamp, necro and mobs of dogs and bats] Jabberslyth is my MVP

Second game is a nurgle on nurgle grind. He has blightcyst with Rotigus. I take minor victory tho I lose one Sportsman point as he claims I slow played him....boo. Knights take the day here.

Game three is v a Khorne list with Archaon. Best win yet. Major victory with 1820 kill points including Archie. I lose the warrior unit. He concedes game T3. No real MVP. Just objective camping for the win.

Day 2

Death again against a real brutal list with Arkhan, Vamp on Dragon, 2 necros, 20 black knights and 2 big units of skells.

No chance here. This guy finished in the top five, but here I was on table 3 playing with THIS LIST! I'm Tabled t3. No pts for me.:(

Last game v Death yet again. Feeling the need for revenge. Arkhan [again!] wight king, 1 necro, 5 black knights, lots of skells and a big unit of grave guard. As well as Mortis Engine.

Arkhan dies to massed spell, shooting and melee damage. Knights with Blades of Putrification are no joke. They also finish off the wight king. Once his necro dies he concedes. I've taken 2000 points and lost a unit of 40 marauders. Major victory.

The reason for this list is that I was recruited as the ringer and ended up filling in for a guy who dropped out before the tourney started. I didn't bother changing anything, just managed to do well by staying focused on the mission and sitting on objectives.

Lots of fun, and I will add that I had some God-like lucky rolls go my way as well.       

You know the old saying- "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good".

Edited by Tasman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Riavan said:

It's still a bit of an issue is azyr too. Like why is rotbringers or demons an option. I think it just confuses people.

What really winds me up is that I pay for Azyr!

With over 100,000 downloads they must be making some money each month at £1 a month per subscriber, if you say only 10% bought the subscription that's still £10,000 a month, £120,000 annually. Surely  the salary of a  full time digital programmer doesn't cost that much?

I'm going to write to my MP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

What really winds me up is that I pay for Azyr!

With over 100,000 downloads they must be making some money each month at £1 a month per subscriber, if you say only 10% bought the subscription that's still £10,000 a month, £120,000 annually. Surely  the salary of a  full time digital programmer doesn't cost that much?

I'm going to write to my MP!

Haha. Im sure it's a lot less and it is being kept up to date. But the info is all there... They have just kept old things as options which are out of date and would confuse new people. I think they should drop the non matched play part of the list so they don't need to keep all the legacy options.

Edited by Riavan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after about a year of painting these guys, the army is finally finished :D..
well that is till i get more nurgle models that is....

hope you guys like it and CC welcome.

large.20180501_154037.jpg.4f4bd72111f382

large.20180501_144525.jpg.e1ee7c86b6ba28

large.20180501_144435.jpg.a1ee79a7d0e593

large.20180501_152748.jpg.c3c36102a19979

large.20180501_152745.jpg.81c6b34bcf3027

large.20180501_152733.jpg.acf3833c2e2b96

large.20180501_144415.jpg.671bc0f4aab19e

large.20180501_144407.jpg.0b35c4359889d5

large.20180501_144355.jpg.4cad58208a92eb

large.20180501_141851.jpg.b4172736b79f0f

large.20180501_141759.jpg.08a4ab8aba48f5

large.20180501_141714.jpg.6b419900e577b0

Edited by Dracan
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I lost almost every game at my last tourney because everyone and their mother played a super defensive, shooty army(freeguild, kurnoth-heavy slyvanth, overlords, hooray), ...and all the objectives we got were about holding defensive points. My only minor victory was against another Nurgle player who didn't have any magic, giving me the ability to at least arcane bolt his heroes to death.

Next one up is a 2K, and considering its the same group, I'm probably staring down a lot MORE shooting. It just so happens, I have a Pestilins army as well.

 

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders

Gutrot Spume (140)

Rotigus (340)

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General

Plague Priest with Warpstone-tipped Staff (80)

Units

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
-Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

30 x Plaguebearers (320)

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)

Battalions
Foulrain Congregation (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 3/4
Wounds: 111

 

Ideally, the plaguebearers+ poxbringer charge up the middle with some gnarlmaw help, while Rottigus sits on whatever objective we need. Gutrot and his team can strike in and mess with heavy hero forces, and finally,  the Plagueclaws can hit at horde units, which will hit with a 2/2/-2/2D6 each on any unit over 10 models, rerolling hits as long as at least one makes it. Against low save horde, thats 6D6 wounds per turn at 31"...eat it, Freeguild. I figure my biggest weakness (besides another Nurgle army again) is going to be elite, small model count forces, but that's what Rottigus and Gutrot are there for.

Any thoughts? Also, what spells should I roll with? I never feel like Im really utilizing lores/artifacts as well as I should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Euphanism said:

So I lost almost every game at my last tourney because everyone and their mother played a super defensive, shooty army(freeguild, kurnoth-heavy slyvanth, overlords, hooray), ...and all the objectives we got were about holding defensive points. My only minor victory was against another Nurgle player who didn't have any magic, giving me the ability to at least arcane bolt his heroes to death.

Next one up is a 2K, and considering its the same group, I'm probably staring down a lot MORE shooting. It just so happens, I have a Pestilins army as well.

 

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders

Gutrot Spume (140)

Rotigus (340)

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General

Plague Priest with Warpstone-tipped Staff (80)

Units

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
-Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

30 x Plaguebearers (320)

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)

Battalions
Foulrain Congregation (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 3/4
Wounds: 111

 

Ideally, the plaguebearers+ poxbringer charge up the middle with some gnarlmaw help, while Rottigus sits on whatever objective we need. Gutrot and his team can strike in and mess with heavy hero forces, and finally,  the Plagueclaws can hit at horde units, which will hit with a 2/2/-2/2D6 each on any unit over 10 models, rerolling hits as long as at least one makes it. Against low save horde, thats 6D6 wounds per turn at 31"...eat it, Freeguild. I figure my biggest weakness (besides another Nurgle army again) is going to be elite, small model count forces, but that's what Rottigus and Gutrot are there for.

Any thoughts? Also, what spells should I roll with? I never feel like Im really utilizing lores/artifacts as well as I should be.

My instinct would be not to counter a shooty army with a nurgle shooty army. Nurgle is not a shooty army. You have the best unit to counter a shooty army already- 30 plaguebearers. If you can, add more of them. Then use your GUO to bolster their attack when they reach combat.  That combined with some deep striking blightkings (can you increase to 10 for more resilience if you don't get that turn 1 charge?) should do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah man.

Try out the shooty army, I'd like to see how it works.

Would be an instant hit, if you grind the others to death with deluge from across the board and PC spam. Taste of their own medicine.

You might have an advantage through the PB's, because they -2 hit counter shots, which the shooty armys don't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem I had with the Plaguebearer blocks (I ran two 30 packs in the first tournament) was that even with their -2, the freeguild gunners are already hitting a +2/2/-1. Plus that Stand and Shoot ability basically negates the gnarlmaw charge. If I charge, I'm cut apart, if I walk slowly, I'm slowly cut apart. :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

The only problem I had with the Plaguebearer blocks (I ran two 30 packs in the first tournament) was that even with their -2, the freeguild gunners are already hitting a +2/2/-1. Plus that Stand and Shoot ability basically negates the gnarlmaw charge. If I charge, I'm cut apart, if I walk slowly, I'm slowly cut apart. :S

Fair enough. I'd imagine the plagueclaws will be the first thing they try and take out so they may not survive the first round of shooting? Would be interesting to hear how they do, it's just pointswise, 3 plagueclaws and foulrain congragation are very expensive compared to what shooty armies can get for the points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Fair enough. I'd imagine the plagueclaws will be the first thing they try and take out so they may not survive the first round of shooting? Would be interesting to hear how they do, it's just pointswise, 3 plagueclaws and foulrain congragation are very expensive compared to what shooty armies can get for the points. 

Oh it is, and it may just fall totally over haha. But luckily they get +1 save in the shooting phase, and I've got an extra 15" range on those pesky freeguild handgunners. If he moves to engage them, he loses some bonuses. It might not be worth the battalion though, that 200pts is tough to swallow, even for the +1 hit and reroll misses.

Kurnoth hunters / Overlords are a different story, but at that point I know I'm going to get sniped to hell and back already, so I'm just hoping to knock out enough battleline that I can tar pit the objectives. Its just unfortunate that our local meta is very shoot-heavy for tournaments (and I mean, why wouldnt you be?) so I have to save my weird lists for casual matches.

Edited by Euphanism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all. How big a batch are people painting Blightkings in? I was thinking 5 but I have 15 ready to go here. Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Morning all. How big a batch are people painting Blightkings in? I was thinking 5 but I have 15 ready to go here. Cheers. 

I do 5. Blightkings are fantastic models, but the problem is each one is really like a character in and of itself. It's quite difficult to batch paint them- the armour and skin might be the same, but otherwise there's lots of detailing going on and I think doing 15 in one go might drive you mad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

I do 5. Blightkings are fantastic models, but the problem is each one is really like a character in and of itself. It's quite difficult to batch paint them- the armour and skin might be the same, but otherwise there's lots of detailing going on and I think doing 15 in one go might drive you mad. 

I can attest to this. I did mine in tens and it is really too much they are more detailed than most characters and quite big and lots of detail so doing more than 5 takes quite a while and if you are a painter that gets de motivated if there   isnt quick progress i would suggest no more than 5 at a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say does anybody of you maybe know a Modell, which has the Daemon, Nurgle, rotbringer and wizard keywords?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Say does anybody of you maybe know a Modell, which has the Daemon, Nurgle, rotbringer and wizard

not that i know of. The harbinger and lord of afflictions are the only ones with both rotbringer and deamon keywords but neither are wizards

Edited by Dracan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Say does anybody of you maybe know a Modell, which has the Daemon, Nurgle, rotbringer and wizard keywords?

Nope... not even the glottkin or bloab fit this mold I’m afraid 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Nope... not even the glottkin or bloab fit this mold I’m afraid 😮

Well the only thing left to do now is hope for the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first game with 2000 points of nurgle yesterday(against stormcast), figured I'd post some quick thoughts.

I ran:

gutrot

LoB

GUO

Sorcerer on Manticore

10 Bks

2 x 5 Bks

30 plaguebearers

Blight cyst

Blight cystwas fantastic for me this game, the rend really helped against  an army with good saves. The GUOs favoured poxes was probably less useful than expected, but overall he's an amazing buff character and his basic spell was great. Rustfang was super useful against Liberators with a 2+reroll save. 

Finally, the sorcerer lord on manticore was the MVP and probably won me the game, his mobility to snipe buff characters was really useful as the rest of the army isn't too quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×