Adepticon News.

Ben

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chord said:

if the KO have to unload from their crafts at the beginning of the game.  Could make an alpha strike against them interesting.  Wipe the craft, wipe the units?

Doubtful that they all die if the Transport dies, unless it's been confirmed and I missed it. That would be way too punishing and I don't believe 40K works that way. Haven't played that since 6th though.

13 minutes ago, Gauche said:

Doubtful that they all die if the Transport dies, unless it's been confirmed and I missed it. That would be way too punishing and I don't believe 40K works that way. Haven't played that since 6th though.

I wonder if they'll get a high flier rule like Carrion where they can't be targeted or attacked until they choose to descend.  Could be an interesting way for them to function.

33 minutes ago, Gauche said:

Are people really having issue with a fantasy interpretation of the male figure? This is a game where demons fight dragons. I think we can let it slide. :]

....It's all about the realism of those demons, Gauche....

I just want some dadbod miniatures, like they all say.

Nah, on a more serious level, don't have a problem with it, just personally like another look than the buff storm cast myself....

But please, carry on!

41 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Did somebody summon this guy? #dadbod

dadbod.JPG

I strike this exact pose every morning when I get out of bed.  It helps center me and reminds me that when life gives you lemons,  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

43 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I wonder if they'll get a high flier rule like Carrion where they can't be targeted or attacked until they choose to descend.  Could be an interesting way for them to function.

Again, I hope not. Things like that can get very stupid, very quickly. I'm fine with them having some sort of extra save or something due to being high in the sky though. I can already see all the complaining with the RAW on attacking flying models with melee.

2 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Really? I'm reading too much into this?

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what you're reading into it, because your response had no relation to the point I was trying to make.

I made a statement about the ludicrous modelling of Stormcast armour by GW (in my opinion). How does this relate to whether the person (male or female) is naked, scantily clad or wearing full plate armour? (which is what your response seemed to be discussing).

(For the record, I have no problem with female figures wearing armour. I simply find the idea that armour should have abs somewhat silly.)

I'll try to explain my thinking more explicitly: 

My understanding of the armour shaped like a six-pack, is that the person inside (male or female) would have to 'fill out' the armour. Hence, the person would be equally ripped. If they changed in any way (for instance, if they missed some gym sessions, due to a cold), then they would lose body definition and no longer fit into their bespoke armour.

This assumption was however excellently refuted by Chikout with his easily understandable 'jelly' theory:

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Stormcast are fat. Their bellies fill the armour the way jelly fills a mold.

As an aside, I could point out that my wife would struggle to fit into some female Stormcast armour just as much as I would struggle to fit into the male equivalent.

Pete

People don't tend to wear plate armor alone in their naked skin, you know... normally they tend to wear 3-4 capes of more protection beneat it (Mail, gambeson, clothes, etc...)

In Troya they wear the pectoral plate and nothing more but... yeah. Thats not very coherent.

If somebody can "fit" their abs in the reseces of the pectoral plate with Mail, gambeson and normal clothes in the middle, those Abs should be noted in his Warscroll as weapons with Rend -2 minimun.

Historically many armors had muscles sculpted on them, just go to a museum. Want a modern take on abs on armor look at Batman! They sculpt his muscles on his customs too. Why? Simply because it looks cool. Does it reflect how they look under the armor, not necessarily. I'm pretty sure no Stormcast has shoulders bigger than their waist. 

29 minutes ago, Galas said:

People don't tend to wear plate armor alone in their naked skin, you know... normally they tend to wear 3-4 capes of more protection beneat it (Mail, gambeson, clothes, etc...)

In Troya they wear the pectoral plate and nothing more but... yeah. Thats not very coherent.

If somebody can "fit" their abs in the reseces of the pectoral plate with Mail, gambeson and normal clothes in the middle, those Abs should be noted in his Warscroll as weapons with Rend -2 minimun.

They just wear pectoral armor in troya there because they don't want spears to pierce them there. That's why the other ways are open. 

56 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The armour isn't sculpted to match the body underneath it, it's just sculpted to look like abs. 

100%, it's just aesthetics. It's an illusion for your opposition on the battlefield to know that you're ripped, go to the gym twice a day, and eat six meals a day that mostly consists of grilled chicken and broccoli 

4 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

The news is... there is no news!

(Best guess is that day 2 will bring pictures of new sculpts.)

My gut feeling at this stage (unless they come out and show off more stuff over the next few days) is that... it was probably a mistake to reveal the Kharadron Overlords before Adepticon.

People are obviously excited that Shadespire is coming out later this year, but the content of it is literally like 8 models (Some of which are similar enough to existing Bloodreavers). It's not a huge amount of wow factor really. I think it's one of those things where it's probably amazing for the people there (getting to play the game early), but for us at home it falls a little flat.

If they'd revealed the Kharadron Overlords at Adepticon as well, then we'd all be hyped about not only Shadespire coming later this year, but new models that are right around the corner.

Actually, even better I think is that they allow people to see a pre-release ruleset for Shadespire. For all you at home, you can start trying out Shadespire with your existing miniatures today! Here's the basic rules, here is a basic card deck to print off, here's a board you can print, grab your miniatures and give it a shot. Even if they just showed off the rules for the basic box content (Stormcast vs Bloodbound), so many people have those miniatures it'd get a fair crack without ruining the game when it actually comes out IMO.

Also,  a little unrelated but I actually think GW should let people take home their painted Kharadron miniature. At the end of the day, it's probably like 1 grunt guy or 1 ballooner guy. Who cares if people get to take home a sneak peak of the Kharadrons, they'll be out in 2 weeks anyway. 

Archived