AoS Wishlist for 2017

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The removal of matched play, there was much less drama with the community systems and everyone seemed to approach them in a much more constructive manner. 

For something that might happen and on a more constructive vein as well, I d like to see as many of the Grand Alliance factions being fleshed out with battletomes. With the advent of a multi faction battletomes in Disciples of Tzeentch I think this would be a good way of getting everything else up to speed nice a quickly. I'd also like to see greater use of digital only products to assist in this. 

I want an 'Armies of the Realms' (or whatever other name), a book with allegiance abilities / bonuses and proper battalions for all the non-squatted armies that don't have new books. An allegiance book concept been floated around before but I very much want new battalions added too. 

The possibilities are endless. 

The return of Slaanesh.

Shadowkin (the aelves of Ulgu).

A faction of ordinary mortal non-Chaos-worshipping humans that has both males and females fighting as equals (and represented as models), now that the setting is no longer based on a boringly patriarchal interpretation of Mediaeval Europe.

Any one of those three in 2017 will make me happy.

I would really like to have something with rules for playing in different realms.  Almost like a campaign book but with extra flavor for the different realms, basically Battletome: Mortal Realms with battleplans/charts for each realm to really make the game feel like it's taking place somewhere different.  That and some Nurgle love.  And more AOS-themed terrain (not necessarily with wacky rules) or mats to customize games to be different realms.

Right now, the fluff for AOS is really cool but it's shallow.  There are like all of these fantastic areas in the realms with weird magical things but no way to really represent that stuff in the game.  The boards are all the same terrain usually (although the downside to playing in a GW store is you have to use GW terrain only), a realmgate or two, an ophidian archway, an Oculum, etc. without anything to really make it feel like it's a different realm.  So I'd like to see GW address that issue and add some more thematic things, even if it's just game mats themed to be the realm of Fire/Metal/Light etc. 

17 hours ago, wayniac said:

I would really like to have something with rules for playing in different realms.  Almost like a campaign book but with extra flavor for the different realms, basically Battletome: Mortal Realms with battleplans/charts for each realm to really make the game feel like it's taking place somewhere different.  That and some Nurgle love.  And more AOS-themed terrain (not necessarily with wacky rules) or mats to customize games to be different realms.

Right now, the fluff for AOS is really cool but it's shallow.  There are like all of these fantastic areas in the realms with weird magical things but no way to really represent that stuff in the game.  The boards are all the same terrain usually (although the downside to playing in a GW store is you have to use GW terrain only), a realmgate or two, an ophidian archway, an Oculum, etc. without anything to really make it feel like it's a different realm.  So I'd like to see GW address that issue and add some more thematic things, even if it's just game mats themed to be the realm of Fire/Metal/Light etc. 

This is so totally what they need! What's a village like in the Realm of Metal? How can I model some of the less described Realms? This is what would make games unique.

• 2 months later...

I would love to see a fresh release of beastmen and something to tie them into and give them synergy with the rest of the chaos horde. I know we have tzaangors but nurgle, khorne, etc having their version as well would be awesome. 

Would love orcs and goblins to be fleshed out with their own rules to allow them to have individual tribe plus overall horde synergy. 

Death with a tomb kings section would be great. I really miss the ancient Egyptian theme that was running there.  

I would like both nugle and slanesh to get their own battletome like the tzench one and the (soon) khorne one.  Then I would like a Free Peoples battletome that rolls all the old fashion empire/elfs/dwarf lines into one faction.  Then we can give death some love, but not too much don't want the new players to start writing bad poetry.  ;)

I would like to see a death  battletome, an Aelf battletome, a clan Skyre battletome and a battletome featuring regular humans of some kind. I would also like to see a handful of full length novels.

Then in 2018 we can have more death, more Aelves, slaanesh, Grots,  Mordheim and a warhammer quest bestiary book.

Part of what I love about AOS is that everything new for any faction or alliance is bound to be brand new and unexpected, so park your old tropes at the curb. You'll all get new, surprisingly creative stuff in the fullness of time, but for now incomplete armies, it seems that GW's unspoken pledge is that you'll be surprised. JRRT would be amazed at how his genre is evolving...

4 hours ago, The Stronghold said:

More Ironjawz, Gutbusters battletome, cheaper Mournfang Packs and Gitmob Grots overhaul :D

Mostly this, but also insert Greenskinz as well. I would like to see them and the Gitmob Grots become the more tech savvy races of Destruction with war machines and sky ships to challenge the KO. I also would like to see Death get something (Deathrattle?), but I feel GW is holding back Death until they decide to make Nagash the antagonist and begin his story line again as a player in the mortal realms. 

I would also like the idea of Chaos Undivided to be further explored in AOS. They did it well in Fantasy and still have it somewhat in 40k. It seems so far that they are really pushing mortals following one of the four or five gods. Yet I think having that worship in the idea of chaos and treating the gods as a pantheon is something I can get behind. Maybe they view Archaon instead as their living 'diety' since they do not trust either onr of the gods 

Both Death and Destruction getting new / updated Battletomes, prioritising over the many Chaos and Order ones we already have.

An art / fluff book for the Mortal Realms would be fantastic. Maps, illustrations, in-canon excerpts, concept art etc.

More AoS models getting cross-over rules for WHQ, Shadespire and the other spin-off board games (and visa-versa).

I'd love to see a forgeworld release for us.  Obviously the Legion would be magnificent, but so would a whole new campaign bringing in other creatures and giving them the new lease of life.   I'm sure it will come, but I can understand all the while that 30k cow needs feeding and milking, hay is thin on the ground for the other stuff

I am still grateful for the legion battletome and Monstorus Arcanum and Tamurkhan host but I'd love to see some of the things that slipped back again, such as the skinwolves being marked, together with the mammoth, - infact all creatures of chaos marked.

I'd also like the mostrous arcanum back, with perhaps something like the scrolls of binding where a creature can be bound into servitude without breaking allegiance - a magma dragon would be right up a chaos dwarf's street but it's a destruction creature for instance.

I agree with @Circus of Paint with the desire for artbooks and just backgrond sourcebooks for inspiration and also timelessness - removed from any edition or game mechanic.  Liber chaotica was a brilliant example of this.

Archived