Anyone know the top armies at Adepticon for AoS?

I wasn't able to play this year in the big Championships; anyone know which army/list won and/or placed in the top 3 or 5?  Can't seem to find anyone who knows, and I've asked 7 people who played there (they did confirm a Nurgle player was amongst the 5-0 crowd, which is pretty surprising to me, thought they were too many points now).

17 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I wasn't able to play this year in the big Championships; anyone know which army/list won and/or placed in the top 3 or 5?  Can't seem to find anyone who knows, and I've asked 7 people who played there (they did confirm a Nurgle player was amongst the 5-0 crowd, which is pretty surprising to me, thought they were too many points now).

The Nurgle player was 4-1 and won best overall, but then their (the events) paper results seemed to be wrong and the rescinded the award a day later

A lot of fallout coming from it as it means a lot of the other results could be wrong and no final standings/full results have been posted. 

Mods I would suggest maybe locking the thread as its a hot argument topic on twitter and this is me trying to be diplomatic about it :)

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

The Nurgle player was 4-1 and won best overall, but then their (the events) paper results seemed to be wrong and the rescinded the award a day later

A lot of fallout coming from it as it means a lot of the other results could be wrong and no final standings/full results have been posted. 

Mods I would suggest maybe locking the thread as its a hot argument topic on twitter and this is me trying to be diplomatic about it :)

Please tell me that in all actuality it was a skaven player going 5-0.

Skaven player using doomwheels

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

That's really troubling for such a huge event. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Just from an initial read without much context, a player winning Best Overall in a large field despite going 4-1 immediately rings some alarm bells that the rankings got messed up (unless no-one else went 5-0?)

7 hours ago, Jaskier said:

That's really troubling for such a huge event. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Just from an initial read without much context, a player winning Best Overall in a large field despite going 4-1 immediately rings some alarm bells that the rankings got messed up (unless no-one else went 5-0?)

Don't know what scoring system they were using, but if an event uses differentials instead of W/L/D as the first criterion, it's not so strange to have a 4-1 (who, say, has gone 20-0, 20-0, 20-0, 20-0, 9-11) finish higher than a 5-0 who won all their games 11-9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Don't know what scoring system they were using, but if an event uses differentials instead of W/L/D as the first criterion, it's not so strange to have a 4-1 (who, say, has gone 20-0, 20-0, 20-0, 20-0, 9-11) finish higher than a 5-0 who won all their games 11-9

Yeah absolutely, I guess it just seems to be a pretty uncommon occurence (at least in my experience) that it stands out but it might just be down to how my local GTs are scored. Thanks for the insight!

16 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

We should not lock it bc if new info comes out just post it here. Twitter being in a debate doesn't effect us. 

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Like 4

They certainly do take painting and sportsmanship into account for scoring, but hard to fathom a 4-1 winning, unless the 5-0 players don't score enough VPs for all the in-game thingies like Battle Tactics, killing Monsters etc.  

Good to see Nurgle waxing though; love those Maggoth Lords models!  Maybe I'll get one to ally with my StD army just for coolness.

BCP articles on BOLS always lack the depth and any analysis I'd like, and oftentimes they don't even have the full list.  But at least it's prompt.  

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Which is weird as every other invitation is based on Battle score, is it not?

Not sure how it works elsewhere but I though who every win Best overall at these GW events would get the US open invite. She thought she won best overall in Adepticon but was told later that the other person won and she wouldn’t get the invite. But since the fault was on Adepticon, GW gave her a ticket.

4 hours ago, Uncannieryames said:

Dug threw some photos we took and found the list of total armies for anyone curiousIMG_20220401_140839.jpg.69441f3ece365fdb713b7f8e98382399.jpg

Sure would be nice to see subfactions too, and then most common units.  Isn't there easy to use software for this kinda thing?  I mean, we're all nerds, must be some computer brains in the crowd.  

1/3 of the armies are 4 Battletomes.  Interestingly only 7 Sons of Behemat.  That new VP bonus really hosed them over, which probably why they were not so popular.

45 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Sure would be nice to see subfactions too, and then most common units.  Isn't there easy to use software for this kinda thing?  I mean, we're all nerds, must be some computer brains in the crowd.  

1/3 of the armies are 4 Battletomes.  Interestingly only 7 Sons of Behemat.  That new VP bonus really hosed them over, which probably why they were not so popular.

Looking at that list, Seven is pretty average showing when compare to the whole field. Disciple of tzeentch being only three is the more surprising one then behemat

the most of popular armies are all armies that recently got a battletome in the last year or so except for Seraphon who are just more innately strong

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 4:38 AM, Iksdee said:

I guess the lesser played armies are to be expected as they are almost all the oldest tomes at the moment. I am a bit surprised to see 7 Fyreslayers after all the thing i read here.

Need to filter for nuance. Good rule of thumb is if a response is 100% negative or 100% positive they aren't evaluating rationally and that opinion can be safely disregarded. Once those are taken out one can look at the remainder to get an actual assessment of the release.

• Like 2

So Orruk Warclans were the most played army? Who would have guessed? 

And all 4 Aelven armies combined slightly outnumber Stormcast Eternals by 1 player.

Always strange to see so few Legion of the First Prince, considering they have a stunning center piece and are said to be really good.