The Painting Contract - February 2022

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2022, it’s a short month!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

I whiffed HARD last month and didn't get anything done because I had so much schoolwork, so this month I'm going to dial back my expectations a little bit and see if I can finish up painting my WIP skullreaper, which is unfortunately all I'll probably have time for. 

• Like 1

I've got the following on my plate this month: 3 Drones, 2 Pusgoyles, 3 Nurglings, and a Lord of Blights.  If I can find one, a Gnarlmaw.  I'm also going to order the Glottkin and another  box of Blight kings.  My first army will be Glottkin, Lord of Blights, Festus, 3 Blight King units, and 1 pusgoyle unit to start.  Eventually, I'll move to a GUO with a bunch of Beasts and Plague Toads as Beasts.  First though, I want my mortals to get the hang of the army.

Ive never built or painted this time of year because it's "Busy Season" and Accountants gotta account!  My new company's fiscal year is the same as GW's (June to May) and is a 52/53 week year end.  I'm going to try to hit my goal but it is quarter end this month.  This work from home, not working an average of 60 hours per week, and non public accounting job is nice after 15 years of balls to the wall deadline, deadline, deadline, work, work, work!  on top of that Crohn's has killed me over the last 5 years.  All I could do was work, sleep, and meds.  Now after 5 years, I have the energy to paint models again!!!

Edited by Nirvana
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Nirvana said:

I've got the following on my plate this month: 3 Drones, 2 Pusgoyles, 3 Nurglings, and a Lord of Blights.  If I can find one, a Gnarlmaw.  I'm also going to order the Glottkin and another  box of Blight kings.  My first army will be Glottkin, Lord of Blights, Festus, 3 Blight King units, and 1 pusgoyle unit to start.  Eventually, I'll move to a GUO with a bunch of Beasts and Plague Toads as Beasts.  First though, I want my mortals to get the hang of the army.

Awesome was thinking of doing something similar

So did nothing in January and hope the thread gives me some motivation. I want to paint

1 Liberator: I have 20 already but I feel like going back to the roots and start with something easy.

2 gryph hounds so my knight judicator has some loyal dogs.

That stormcast Tornado spell which is just laying around primed for over a year now.

its not much but busy with work and privat stuff. I wanna be a student again  :(

This...is gonna be a wild month. I hope it doesn't burn me out...

I have my 1k Slaanesh force (plus a small amount of demons) built and primed! With my vow to not play with unpainted minis at my LGS, I need to get this ALL painted before the next 1k tourney on March 5th. Slaanesh, grant me the excessive focus needed! lol

Shockingly, if I hit the end on time, goal is to add more demons for summoning options!

EBAD67CC-0F8B-495D-BB3F-DEDFF83489F3.jpeg.3861c8c52755da2f6a9de48341b42d0a.jpeg

• Like 3

Like many it seems I had a slow January and only managed to paint five Marauder Horsemen so I'm going to set my goals a little low this month and pledge to paint five more. So far I've base coated the horses' skin and hair so at least have made a start.

In an ideal world I will also paint: 7 x Chaos Warriors and 6 x Corvus Cabal, this will leave me with no unpainted models at all which is a nice spot to be in. I'm moving to a new country next month and I'd like to take my stuff but hopefully will travel with no gray plastic!

I finished painting Festus and my Lord of Blights.  I've finished the riders from the drones and pusgoyles.  I've just got to finish the actual mosquito they ride on.  I picked up some tufts for basing too so I'm doing more than astrogranite and nurgle blight.  Some brown grass will complete the bases.