Cursed City Expansions?

Gwill_of_the_Woods

Good evening,

I was lucky to get one of the Cursed City boxed sets, and am really enjoying working my way through the narrative.

I was wondering whether there were any rules or expansions, fan made or official (that didn't get released)?

The Rat Prince and Lady Annika look like boss expansions, and there was an area on the map implying Night Haunt (spectral dead).

Radukar the Beast felt like a spoiler. I haven't finished the campaign or opened the envelop, so please no spoilers.

Any thoughts on how to incorporate them in?

I'm really hoping for some expansions. It's the whole reason I invested. As I assumed it would be supported long term like Blackstone fortress.

Of you head over to BGG someone has out some big effort into some print and play expansions.

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear a rumour that Cursed City may be getting a re-release next year - could well be nonsense though, so take it with a pinch of salt!  The impression I think we all got was that there were expansions ready to go, so I'm not sure GW would want to shelve them if they could avoid it.

I agree that the 2 Vykros characters look like they should be bosses, though somebody on here pointed out that they're not push fit, which would make it unusual to see them in an expansion.  Who knows though 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been painting Shadows over Hammerhal on and off again this year and I nearly passed on Cursed City the first time it came out. I didn’t want to spend big cash on the expansions at the time. With my wallet somewhat replenished I won’t feel so bad collecting them, even if it is a long time until it is all painted up and being played.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 4:47 AM, Fairbanks said:

With mention of expansions too.

Unfortunately, I think the Bandwagon/Boardgamers Ship may have already sailed away

That doesn't seem to be the case based on comments on various Social Media platforms.  I actually think the controversy and people who did get the game, painting it and saying what a fun game it is, has actually made it more attractive.  Time will tell in fairness!

And I've scheduled in a zoom based game of this on the 2nd!  Woohoo!

I was lucky enough to get the game via my FLGS when it released. Have at this stage played through almost the whole campaign and we've had tons of fun. One criticism is that it is a bit too easy if you play smart (there are some simple houserules around the internet which makes it a bit more challenging - I say use those from the get-go).

Hearing about the initial cancelling of expansions and support for the game last spring was a real bummer. Definitely looking forward to the expansions now!

Edited by Bjornas

So i reckon they'll probably repackage Radukar the Beast, the Kritza Rat Prince and Lady Annika with cards/rules for enemies.

Then maybe repackage Galen & Doralia ven Denst as a hero expansion.

@Bjornas- i agree with smart play you can do well, but some of the elite enemies are real bad asses. Link that with some bad rolls 😱

1 hour ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

So i reckon they'll probably repackage Radukar the Beast, the Kritza Rat Prince and Lady Annika with cards/rules for enemies.

Then maybe repackage Galen & Doralia ven Denst as a hero expansion.

@Bjornas- i agree with smart play you can do well, but some of the elite enemies are real bad asses. Link that with some bad rolls 😱

I really hope for rules to use the UD Warbands from underworlds and stuff like direwolves next to all off that. 

• Like 1

Just played for the first time in ages tonight and had to reread the rules as usual 🤣

One thing I hadn't noticed is it also makes expansions in the rulebook! It mentions you can carry over into another quest. Quest being different to journey.

If I was being greedy I'd like to see quite a few expansions!

Gheistgale - a short journey including nighthaint and a decaption mission boss.

One for kritzka and lady Annika

A hero's expansion and one with some new enemies.

O thought Blackstone had some really good ones that expanded the base game quite a bit, I'm hoping cursed city doubles down on that!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:25 PM, RuneBrush said:

That doesn't seem to be the case based on comments on various Social Media platforms.  I actually think the controversy and people who did get the game, painting it and saying what a fun game it is, has actually made it more attractive.  Time will tell in fairness!

And I've scheduled in a zoom based game of this on the 2nd!  Woohoo!

How did it go?
How did you set up the board/cameras?

4 hours ago, Glaurung said:

How did it go?
How did you set up the board/cameras?

Great fun!  We successfully cleared out the denizens and all gained a level 😊

Setup wise, I put the board sections on a desk that sits in front of a window - I then put a web camera on a stand on a box over the boards.  Bit precarious and had to counterweight it with a bottle of water.  Was about 3 ft above the boards and then used Zoom on PC for that and my iPad next to the box to actually stream/watch the others

I think we're hoping for full sets like Blackstone fortress did. 

Im hoping for some expansions to the enemy types. So nighthaunt, FEC, new bosses Annika and kritzka.

I'd like to see dire wolves and a skeleton archer added to all quests with the corresponding encounter cards added to keep the game fresh.

They'll likely be a new big baddy as well, maybe an Abyssal terror?

Then was it called escalation? The BF set that had new hero's. So the van densts and a few more.

Also a few new enhancements as well would be cool.

The first quest was ulfenkarn in peril.

I'd like to see 

-Kritza quest

-Annika quest 

-Nightaunt quest (that new nighthaint hero from not long ago would be fitting as the boss)

-FEC quest 

-Radukar ascendant quest 

So not much!

Really enjoying the game. I've just finished the Halgrim and Gorslav decaptations. Halgrim I killed fairly quickly but those ulfenwatch are scary emboldened and +1/+2!! Took Qualathis out of action and only from a luck intiative step not a second one. I slogged across the board with three hero's and constantly the ulfenwatch kept coming back! Took me  an hour after Halgrim died to escape ( really felt like we were trying to escape the Vharngate! 

Play the game properly and it's often easy to kill what's In front of you. Get to night time on level 2 with a couple of poor intitave steps and it's tough! I think people judged opinion on YouTube videos which tbf always get rules wrong and are very gaming the way they do it.

Qualathis survived the mission though and we progress again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I  held off buying Kritza, Annika and Radukar the beast, even though I loved the models, in hopes we'd see a Cursed CIty expansion with them. Looks like I may get lucky for once. I did buy Belladama though, the model was just too nice to pass up, and her stat block is also very tasty. 

On 3/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, Gothmaug said:

I  held off buying Kritza, Annika and Radukar the beast, even though I loved the models, in hopes we'd see a Cursed CIty expansion with them. Looks like I may get lucky for once. I did buy Belladama though, the model was just too nice to pass up, and her stat block is also very tasty. 

I'd be shocked if any of the real expansions are already released models. The ones you mentioned could be White Dwarf articles sure.

In Blackstone Fortress I'm pretty sure all the expansions were new, pushfit models. If the expansions for Cursed City were existing models, they'd probably sell pretty poorly because the market would be limited to only Cursed City players, whereas for nice new models some people that don't play Cursed City will pick up the expansions too. 

On 3/13/2022 at 6:47 AM, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I'd be shocked if any of the real expansions are already released models.

I think people are working on the assumption that these models were intended for Cursed City expansions but were released independently when Cursed City hit whatever roadblock it did. There is no evidence that that's the case and, personally, I think it's unlikey for most of them but Radukar the Beast seems like a no-brainer for an expansion. Hopefully with some new minions in tow.