AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

8 hours ago, zamerion said:

seeing that there are no more units in the GHB, maybe we won't have a book until September / October? :(

I think the GHB2021 and Dominion were made hand in hand, meaning the Battletome would have always have been after the GHB just like how 9th was with their Indomitus and CA2020. This version of the GHB is more about resetting the points just like what happened with 40k more than balance changes it looks like. They want to increase the cost of units so that armies over all are smaller, meaning they scale better on the smaller board size and generally play quicker. We will probably have both Battletomes out late July early August is my bet.

3 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

My fear isn't that they end being unplayable, but that we end with a small unit selection. I really like their aesthetic, but I wanted more of a stand alone force (like Nighthaunt got) as I don't have much interest on the bonesplitterz/ironjawz part of the warclans. Hence the fear that we end being just another small army release with ~10 units since they are part of the warclans and you could use the other orcs with them.

I think they will get a sizeable release, definetly better than what Ironjawz had. NH got what 8 kits outside of the Starter set before other expansions? I think Kruleboyz will be sitting pretty at around 12 units total when combined with Dominion.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

34 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Im hoping for elite Murknob infantry and gnashtoof riders on top of what we've seen. 

Same! That murknob keyword has me intrigued. As for other replies. Destruction definitely doesn’t need another subpar army but as a destruction fanboy it’s just become the expectation. I guess I’ll just play them to the utmost capability and enjoy having a huge ass Orruk army. With my plan to split 2 boxes with a buddy I’ll be sitting on nearly 7k in warclans and will just keep adding. Regardless of power level I just love the sculpts, play style, lore, and overall feel of the army. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Hello there! 

I'm a order faction player that got a kruleboys army thanks to the dominion box.

So any of you know how many points the dominion box is for kruleboyz,and If it's enough battleline units for a 1000 army game?

As it stands, there should be 1070 points worth of Kruleboyz in the box. Unfortunately, there's not enough battleline units for a 1k game. So far, only the Gutrippaz are battleline and there's only 1 unit of them in there.

4 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

As it stands, there should be 1070 points worth of Kruleboyz in the box. Unfortunately, there's not enough battleline units for a 1k game. So far, only the Gutrippaz are battleline and there's only 1 unit of them in there.

Thanks! So you can't get the 20 hobgrots to become battleline?

2 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Thanks! So you can't get the 20 hobgrots to become battleline?

Right now, no.  But keep in mind that we don't have the majority of the Kruleboyz rules and some of the models. It possible that they get a subfaction or a hero that let's they count as battleline after we get their tome in a month or two.

• Like 1

Remember me? I'm the guy who said that Hobgrotz reminded him of racist stereotypes about Asian people ... Well, maybe I kinda perhaps pre-ordered Dominion... So... Let's hope there are lots of non-Hobgrotz coming, and that a list with Beastskewers and crossbow boyz is viable.. 😅

• Like 2

Was able to get the Boyz half with a friend! Now lets wait for the rest of the faction to be revealed.

I'm hoping they will announce another reveal show on the next weekend or the following one. The grimdark gave us two set of dates, june 19-july 3, which is the dominion + new edition drop, and another one at the end of july/start of august (can't remember if it was 24 july- 7 august or 31 july- 14 august), which I assume will be the 2 week release of warclans and stormcast tomes + some of the kits.

I‘ll keep both and actually collect both. I really like the new SCE and well, I wouldn‘T be posting here, if I didn‘t think the Kruleboys weren‘t fantastic. Overall plan is to moderately expand both armies (only new SCE, only Kruleboys with maybe 5 brutes and a IJ Boss) and expand into a dawnbringer crusade - should they become a thing, you know, with miniatures. That would give me a reason to paint a megagargant and two of his smaller brethren or a few gloomspite gitz to keep it even. Ogres would be ok, too. 

I haven‘t been this invested in AoS since well, forever, I think. Good times, all triggered by Orruks of all people.

Im hoping the Murknob has some more synergies with him in the Battletome, he seems so bad! He even stops your own spells effecting units wholly within 12" on a 5+.

This is my list so far, I guess I just try slot in a Endless Spell:

Leaders: 

“Azog Da Defiler” - Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof - 10💗 200pts

General:

“Bograt Bones” - Swampcalla Shaman - 6💗 125pts

Spell:

Battleline:

“Bolg’s Bruisherz “ - 10 Guttrippaz - 20💗 180pts

“Muzgash’s Murkerz” - 10 Guttrippaz - 20💗 180pts

Units:

“Ugluk Usurperz” - 6 Manskewer Boltboyz - 12💗 240pts

Total: 68💗 925pts

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Im hoping the Murknob has some more synergies with him in the Battletome, he seems so bad! He even stops your own spells effecting units wholly within 12" on a 5+.

I think the phrasing is important in that situation "can roll a dice", that allows you to choose whether or not try to get rid of any spells. Still a hard sell though, he doesn't offer much for 115 points, especially when 10 more would give you a swampcalla which can dispell and provide awesome unstoppable buffs. I'm hoping he may get a couple artifact choices that add onto his AoE buffs, but we will see.

You list at 1000 is the same as mine, but most in my meta are 2000 points or nothing, so I'll be testing out:

Leaders

Killaboss on Great gnashtooth: 200

Swampcalla: 125

Swampcalla: 125

Murknob: 115

units

20 gutrippaz: 360

10 gutrippaz: 180

10 gutrippas: 180

6 boltboyz: 240

20 hobgrotz: 190

10 hobgrotz: 95

10 hobgrotz: 95

Endless spells

Soulsnare Shackles: 65

Total: 1970

I'm swapping my stormcast for a friend's kruleboyz, and grabbed a few extra gutrippaz off of people who only want the boltboyz from the orruk side. I think dropping the snares and 1 set of hobgrots for another 10 gutrippaz would be better, but I'm not buying more until we know that the battletomes and rest of the kits aren't just a week or two away.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

This is my list so far, I guess I just try slot in a Endless Spell:

Leaders: 

“Azog Da Defiler” - Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof - 10💗 200pts

General:

“Bograt Bones” - Swampcalla Shaman - 6💗 125pts

Spell:

Battleline:

“Bolg’s Bruisherz “ - 10 Guttrippaz - 20💗 180pts

“Muzgash’s Murkerz” - 10 Guttrippaz - 20💗 180pts

Units:

“Ugluk Usurperz” - 6 Manskewer Boltboyz - 12💗 240pts

Total: 68💗 925pts

I'll assuage some of your misgivings for the Murknob, his magic stopping ability says you CAN roll a d6 when a Kruleboyz unit is effect by a spell. So you don't have to roll when you  cast mystic shield on your own unit.

30 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I think the phrasing is important in that situation "can roll a dice", that allows you to choose whether or not try to get rid of any spells. Still a hard sell though, he doesn't offer much for 115 points, especially when 10 more would give you a swampcalla which can dispell and provide awesome unstoppable buffs. I'm hoping he may get a couple artifact choices that add onto his AoE buffs, but we will see.

One point in the Murknob favor is the Totem keyword, which give him an extra 6" when issuing command abilities over the Swampcalla. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some command traits/artifacts that are exclusive to him in our book, as you said. Some extra auras could help making him a more interesting pick for sure.

Being very fast and have ordered 2 starters for swampy orruk boyz. Definetely, imbalance in starter set in point cost it is nothing compared to veeery bad warscroll for hobbygrots and their non-battleline role. Hope they will get point reduce and generally KRB t oget more special rules. Hope for some synergy with BW and IJ. Thinking of fun with 2 mawkrushas with swampy boyz...

20 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

One point in the Murknob favor is the Totem keyword, which give him an extra 6" when issuing command abilities over the Swampcalla. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some command traits/artifacts that are exclusive to him in our book, as you said. Some extra auras could help making him a more interesting pick for sure.

Now that champions can issue orders, you dont really need the extra range on the totem unless your unit doesnt have a champion like Manskewers but even then you general has a 18" range and your Manskewers should be next to a Shaman who is a Hero. I dont think there is any redeeming qualities for the Murknob just let except hes an amazing looking model.

9 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

any new rumours or gossip for kruleboyz?

someone showed me a "leak" seemed real but you can never know, of a piece of kragnos warscroll where it had the keywords "TOTEM" and "DROGRUKH" but it didtn have nothing like orruk warclans or kruleboyz, i hope its false or it missed something cause listing kragnos under orruk warclans on GHB and not having any orruk warclans keywords seems awful, and it could mean still no alliance abilities for him.

• Like 1