LORD KROAK/PLASTIC SLANN MODEL!!!

40 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I agree that the model is so great it deserves its own thread

I hope it's a dual kit for regular Slann

I think they’d have mentioned it in the article if it was. 

It’s just stunning. I hope they get an update of the core units before too long, then I’d start a lizardmen army like, yesterday. 

Absolutely stunning model - and once more something for the showcase only. Like with Teclis I ask myself who actually plays with stuff like this? How do you even transport it?

Having said that: great model anyway! I guess it will come with parts to build a regular Slann. Not doing so would be a real shame.

27 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Absolutely stunning model - and once more something for the showcase only. Like with Teclis I ask myself who actually plays with stuff like this? How do you even transport it?

How is it possible that you have not heard of magnetic carrying cases

• Like 1

Weather it’s a dual kit with a regular slann or not, I’m definitely buying 2 and making one a normal slann. The model as-is with the headdress = Lord Kroak. No headdress and removing the outer floating bits = Slann (unless there’s an actual slann build in the kit, which I’m really hoping there is as I REALLY hate resin lol).

Lord Kroak looks a lot less ‘mummified’ than before lol which is why I have hope it’s a dual kit

only thing that surprises me, is that they haven’t made the new model a lot bigger than the current one.

8 hours ago, PJetski said:

How is it possible that you have not heard of magnetic carrying cases

I have, but Teclis would die a wobbly death in one of those as well. Not sure about Kroak. Still: unplayable models in my opinion - not an issue though, since I wouldn't play either of them for different reasons.

As all new armies start with great models lately (Eidolon, Teclis, Kroak), and I went for the bait initially and started IDK, I have to resist buying a whole new army.

BUT this one will get a spot of honor next to Teclis in the showcase. Definitely. Stunning piece!

I am looking forward to the rules!

Edited by Velmates
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

I have, but Teclis would die a wobbly death in one of those as well. Not sure about Kroak. Still: unplayable models in my opinion - not an issue though, since I wouldn't play either of them for different reasons.

I don't even use magnets, but foam, and haven't had any problems transporting Teclis so far. And people have been using magnets too without issues. 

The Kroak model is such a stunning model, worth to put in some effort to transport it. It'll be possible if you want to. 

--------------------

Happy for Serpahon players - that's an awesome model. Hopefully there is more! 

• Thanks 1

This looks great, and I think it will be an amazing addition to my Lizardmen collection.

That said, it gives me more of a mage priest vibe than a relic priest one. I mean, sure its clearly got bandages, but it doesn't look as immobile as the only relic priest somehow?

If I'd been designing this I would have made the mummified slann very tightly bound, without free arms. Then I would have had a nighthaunt-esqe ghostly apparition floating about the palanquin and made that into the requisite fiddly flying pbits that all big centre piece models now have to come with.

As he stands he looks more like an undead mummy, who might move his arms or do things. Rather than the spirit of a long dead wizard, following its very much dead and inert body into battle. This would have been a great opportunity to make that little idiosyncrasy part of the model itself, not just the lore.

Still a great model, just not quite what I would have dreamed of.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:36 PM, Darnok said:

Absolutely stunning model - and once more something for the showcase only. Like with Teclis I ask myself who actually plays with stuff like this?

I feel the same way about any model with a "scenic" base. I mean, really? The same piece of terrain just moves around the table with the character? More than a bit silly. Gorgeous, but super silly.

That said, heck yes this thing (and many of those other models) is stunning!

I'm thinking three:

One for me to paint as-is for display.

One for me to trim down, paint, and play with.

One for @TwiceIfILikeIt to break down into a hundred conversion bits, other than the little beasties that she'll stick onto something Skaven, Nurgle, or Gobbo.

26 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I feel the same way about any model with a "scenic" base. I mean, really? The same piece of terrain just moves around the table with the character? More than a bit silly. Gorgeous, but super silly.

That said, heck yes this thing (and many of those other models) is stunning!

I'm thinking three:

One for me to paint as-is for display.

One for me to trim down, paint, and play with.

One for @TwiceIfILikeIt to break down into a hundred conversion bits, other than the little beasties that she'll stick onto something Skaven, Nurgle, or Gobbo.

If you can get three. Belakor sold out in the UK

6 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

If you can get three. Belakor sold out in the UK

He’ll be back though so it’s not a big deal.

gw have limited production capacity at the moment and can’t make as much stock as they want without delaying things (Cursed City was supposed to be a November release based on the warscroll book). The theory is, like 40K last year, that most of their capacity is being put towards AoS 3 so they don’t have any issues with the planned release in June/July, so just like last year, every other release is kinda getting the short end of the stick

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, Sleboda said:

While I understand perfectly that this is up to personal taste, I am a huge fan of models introduced with scenic bases, be they small infantry or very large centerpieces. Of course it doesn't make any sense in-game, but then you could also argue why has everyone the same pose and cannot move...? Stupid question, I know, but it stems from a similar prerequisite thought. From a painter's perspective, scenic bases are just awesome as the miniature doesn't end at its feet and it offers many options for a mini-diorama.

Edited by Velmates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1