Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

It will be interesting to see whether we can get a decent flying circus going.  I rather expect that sort of army build to remain more of a FEC thing, but if one of the subfactions makes fell bats or especially vargheists battleline there might be a workable build for it in there somewhere.

We have yet to see what vampiric blood lines do. There was one that made all vampire fly, right? I'm betting Flying circus will be a valid option. 

2 minutes ago, El Syf said:

I don’t want to say it but I can see us getting luminethed, no endless spells or terrain, no mounted vampire lord to lead the nice new blood knights, grave guard kit sticking round when they look weaker than the new skegs? Soulblight Gravelords book 2 and second wave late October/November.

no evidence just gut feeling.

I doubt it, I think Lumineth were a special case due to:

1. First Wave and book starting in a boxed set
  2. Right in the middle of the pandemic
  3. Second wave coincided with the Broken Realms expansion

I think it was just GW being creative with their release schedule when a few things had to be put on hold. I don't think we'll see a repeat. 

3 minutes ago, El Syf said:

I don’t want to say it but I can see us getting luminethed, no endless spells or terrain, no mounted vampire lord to lead the nice new blood knights, grave guard kit sticking round when they look weaker than the new skegs? Soulblight Gravelords book 2 and second wave late October/November.

no evidence just gut feeling.

Just a couple months later?  I doubt it.  Next year is possible maybe?  Honestly, if it happens I'll be ok with it.  Kid of a d*** move for a $40 battletome to get replaced that quickly, but I wouldn't complain about more stuff.  It's not like I've got the funds to buy all of even the current wave in one go anyway.

All in all, though, I kind of doubt it.  It maybe doesn't feel that way because there aren't all that many new units, but this is an absolutely huge release with a ton of new kits already.

• Like 1

I do like that we got to participate in Radukar's story. I like him a lot more as a character now that we have, than if we hadn't. 
Otherwise he'd be just another effectively Strigoi to me, which I usually don't really care about. 

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Bird is probably destruction. Skull looks like Beast Snagga for 40k. Sword looks like FEC

I wasn't being serious :P

This is it. This is Soulblight Gravelords, I don't want to get my hopes up for anything more. We've seen all there is to see and the models are lovely, if not everyone's cup of tea. 

From the War-Comm article: " everything. The upcoming battletome details several vampiric bloodlines, each with their own history and culture. The ancient beings that lead them are some of the strongest beings in all the Mortal Realms."

Alright, so pretty sure the sub factions are going to be Vyrkos Bloodline & Avengorii Dynasty, and then MAYBE Neferata and Mannfred have their own blood line / dynasty? Or maybe instead of Neferata and Mannfred it is Prince Vhordrai?

Vyrkos Bloodline - the new Heroes and buffs dire wolves and possibly zombies.

Avengorii Dynasty - New bat centaur beast lady / lord buffs Varghiests, Bats, etc.

Prince Vhordrai Bloodline (Blood Dragons?) buffs Blood Knights.

Neferata & Mannfred slots into any of them?

Thoughts?

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, idn0971 said:

The sword rumor engine kinda of looks like it's the sword that the leftmost zombie in the big army photo. Not sure though the resolution is too low

It isn't, I zoomed in and played with the contrast / color. He is holding a pitchfork 

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

From the War-Comm article: " everything. The upcoming battletome details several vampiric bloodlines, each with their own history and culture. The ancient beings that lead them are some of the strongest beings in all the Mortal Realms."

Alright, so pretty sure the sub factions are going to be Vyrkos Bloodline & Avengorii Dynasty, and then MAYBE Neferata and Mannfred have their own blood line / dynasty? Or maybe instead of Neferata and Mannfred it is Prince Vhordrai?

Avengorii Dynasty - New bat centaur beast lady / lord buffs Varghiests, Bats, etc.

Thoughts?

Since Nef and Manny have to be there i would imagine they have their own bloodlines as well. Wouldnt make sense for the main two vamp leaders not to have their own

6 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Thoughts?

My current thoughts are that Lauka Val has "an aspect of noble knighthood" whereas Vendorian Lords "revel in self-loathing". 

So Lauka is like, "Yeah, let's make myself stronger to take on the mightiest beasts and stuff" and the rest of the Vendorians are just there like ".... The Big Sad TM"

8 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Thoughts?

Just hoping vampires are actually made to be some of the strongest beings in the mortal realms...

10 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Thoughts?

Avengorii sound a lot like Blood Dragons - seeing out the biggest/strongest prey, veneer of lingering honour/nobility, which makes me wonder if being a Blood Knight is just a thing that any Vampire can claim to be regardless of heritage and the Avengorii buff them instead of a specific Dragon Bloodline?

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Well I ASSUMED we would prior to today. But after today I am thinking we are not, since they said we've seen all the models now, and we didn't see them as stand alone models aside from being in Cursed City.

But we have still seen the models

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Something just occured to me; no Endless Spells or terrain?

Already mentioned - Who knows?

I certainly hope so but we may just be treated as a bit of a side-faction.