Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

Where do we start?

Total remake of Bonesplitterz. Current look just like poor relatives of Ironjawz. Underworlds warband gives the good direction – more tribal look. Feathers, totems, primitive claws etc. Make them more colorful, more diverse.

Idoneth Deepkin – second wave. Basically more sea monters. Crab cavalery, kraken/octopus units. Aquaman movie is great example how it should be done.

Kharadron Overlords Ground Forces – I would keep it in KO family but give it totally different Alliegance. I’m thinking Mechs, Mechs, Mechs, maybe tanks, power armors, exoskelletons, flamethrowers, artillery.

Insects – the more inhuman the better. We have tons of humanoid models. Time for some mantis, ants, dragonflies etc. That would be far more interesting than another human/elf faction.

Seraphon - refresh

Ironjawz – second wave – Wyverns, more magic, shooting

FEC – remake

Nurgle – mortals. Need to say more? Look how great are 40k mortals.

Nighthaunt – second wave. This time more distinct sculps. Not only blanket with a sword and hood/helmet.

Fyreslayers – SECOND WAVE – This should have been done so long time ago… What are you waiting for? Great army with potential for creatures (lizards, moles, underground bugs), golems, elemenals, other infrantry with armor, shields, suicide squads

Skaven Clans – I’d say it was a poor decision to bring all the clans together. They have so much potential being developed alone! High tech Skyre, mutations, abominations Moulder, assasins faction Eshin… If there can be like six or seven Aelf factions there is surely a place for three Skaven factions

Gloomspite – remake Spiderfang. Totally.

Sylvaneth – models are great. Just develop from here and give them some good rules. They really deserve it.

Malerion Aelves - it's time. I want Drukharii in AoS

Last but personally most important – KURNOTHI – basically bring Wood Elves to AoS with a twist. Fauns and Centaurs is a nice way to start. There are many people who are waiting for them.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Where do we start?

Total remake of Bonesplitterz. Current look just like poor relatives of Ironjawz. Underworlds warband gives the good direction – more tribal look. Feathers, totems, primitive claws etc. Make them more colorful, more diverse.

Idoneth Deepkin – second wave. Basically more sea monters. Crab cavalery, kraken/octopus units. Aquaman movie is great example how it should be done.

Kharadron Overlords Ground Forces – I would keep it in KO family but give it totally different Alliegance. I’m thinking Mechs, Mechs, Mechs, maybe tanks, power armors, exoskelletons, flamethrowers, artillery.

Insects – the more inhuman the better. We have tons of humanoid models. Time for some mantis, ants, dragonflies etc. That would be far more interesting than another human/elf faction.

Seraphon - refresh

Ironjawz – second wave – Wyverns, more magic, shooting

FEC – remake

Nurgle – mortals. Need to say more? Look how great are 40k mortals.

Nighthaunt – second wave. This time more distinct sculps. Not only blanket with a sword and hood/helmet.

Fyreslayers – SECOND WAVE – This should have been done so long time ago… What are you waiting for? Great army with potential for creatures (lizards, moles, underground bugs), golems, elemenals, other infrantry with armor, shields, suicide squads

Skaven Clans – I’d say it was a poor decision to bring all the clans together. They have so much potential being developed alone! High tech Skyre, mutations, abominations Moulder, assasins faction Eshin… If there can be like six or seven Aelf factions there is surely a place for three Skaven factions

Gloomspite – remake Spiderfang. Totally.

Sylvaneth – models are great. Just develop from here and give them some good rules. They really deserve it.

Last but personally most important – KURNOTHI – basically bring Wood Elves to AoS with a twist. Fauns and Centaurs is a nice way to start. There are many people who are waiting for them.

I agree mate, Bonesplitterz need a bunch of new kits to make them more unique than Armourless Ironjawz. The Squig Cavlary from 40K would be of perfect use in AOS.

Aquaman inspired monsters for Idoneth is sorely needed. Kraken/Octopus, Manta Rays, Crabs/Lobsters so many Sea Creatures that could become beasts of the sea with an AOS twist. 

KO and Fyreslayers are definitely definitely definitely in need of expansion especially Fyreslayers. I had mentioned having a Large Magma Tortoise being used by Firebelly Ogors but they would also work perfect for Fyreslayers. Throw some Duardin on top in Howdah.

Mechanised KO with power armour and cog based exo suits would look incredible.

• Like 1

WRT mechanised KO: how about Battletome Ironwrought, which would include both Kharadron Overlords and Ironweld Arsenal - rather than reinvent the wheel, put the two thematically coherent factions together

Similarly, how about "Forest Folk" for Sylvaneth and Kurnothi? You could perhaps also include Root-King

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorPerils said:

WRT mechanised KO: how about Battletome Ironwrought, which would include both Kharadron Overlords and Ironweld Arsenal - rather than reinvent the wheel, put the two thematically coherent factions together

Similarly, how about "Forest Folk" for Sylvaneth and Kurnothi? You could perhaps also include Root-King

To be honest I really don't want that. Ironweld is... old. Old design with traditional dwarfs. I don't see Mechs and exoskeletons to fit here. I'd rather that tech ground dwarfs were completely new.

• Like 2

I love 'em but Nighthaunt really, really don't need more models. They're well served as is with nearly two dozen warscrolls, to the point of having some units doubling up on the same thematic/conceptual space, as though GW rolled with everything they had concept art for. Some sort of new behemoth or similar might work but all their problems are rules and any effort spent on them could be better spent on just about anything else.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I love 'em but Nighthaunt really, really don't need more models. They're well served as is with nearly two dozen warscrolls, to the point of having some units doubling up on the same thematic/conceptual space, as though GW rolled with everything they had concept art for. Some sort of new behemoth or similar might work but all their problems are rules and any effort spent on them could be better spent on just about anything else.

All they need is a Plastic Mournghul and theyd be sorted models wise!!

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

All they need is a Plastic Mournghul and theyd be sorted models wise!!

It'd be cool, maybe with a few more chains or something to tie it into the whole carceral/judicial theme of the rest of the Nighthaunt range. At the moment the resin mini's rather fleshy and its Wendigo-inspired background is the same as in WHFB. That could do with being changed to... I dunno, profiteering merchants who hoarded grain or resources while others starved, so Nagash curses them with an immortal hunger.

52 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It'd be cool, maybe with a few more chains or something to tie it into the whole carceral/judicial theme of the rest of the Nighthaunt range. At the moment the resin mini's rather fleshy and its Wendigo-inspired background is the same as in WHFB. That could do with being changed to... I dunno, profiteering merchants who hoarded grain or resources while others starved, so Nagash curses them with an immortal hunger.

Amazing. Sort of like Gorgers for Mawtribes.

45 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Literally anything for Fyreslayers.

I really want Fyreslayers updated. They need a Lumineth Wave 1 AND Wave 2 update. Cavlary, Ranges units, Siege Weapons and a new Behemoth. Magma Tortoise with a Howdah full of Hearthguard.

• Like 1

Not for 3.0 but I would like for Warcry to have a board and related scenery for each realm and the eight points to become a fixture of the game and store. They even have something close to a starting point to this concept already they should just expand it forward.

Azyr:  Shattered Stormvault
Ghyran: Souldrain Forest
Shyish: Corpsewrack Mausoleum
Eightpoints: Defiled Ruins

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Not for 3.0 but I would like for Warcry to have a board and related scenery for each realm and the eight points to become a fixture of the game and store. They even have something close to a starting point to this concept already they should just expand it forward.

Azyr:  Shattered Stormvault
Ghyran: Souldrain Forest
Shyish: Corpsewrack Mausoleum
Eightpoints: Defiled Ruins

Very cool idea... I'd like to see more of Hysh, Ulgu and Chamon too.... they are the most interesting realms to me so far, although I'm just going by their basic summaries... 

• Like 1

Megaboss on Goregrunta

TBF more mounted heroes in general in AoS since

a. GW mounted heroes are some of the coolest sculpt 

b. Foot heroes often have a hard time keeping up with your mobile offensive units so it nice to have a unit that can keep up and buff them

c. There not that many small mounted mages in the game either so it’s a design space that GW can really go into.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Very cool idea... I'd like to see more of Hysh, Ulgu and Chamon too.... they are the most interesting realms to me so far, although I'm just going by their basic summaries... 

I particularly like that they could use this to have some very thematic purchases for certain armies. Like Chamon could have some really cool industrial steam punk pieces that would fit well with KO and maybe some Tzeentchian mutated terrain. Ulgu would cleraly have some iconography relating to Malerion/Morathi but also be really fitting for Chaos and Death. Hysh would be a good match for any and all prog rock themed order armies. It would also encourage new players to check out Warcry. 

Ideally 40k would have a similar set of permanent terrain sets for Killteam and 40k as I feel there would be a lot of synergy and for me it is more appealing than buying individual terrain pieces. I feel like with a little work most Admech styled terrain works well with Chamon and chaotic flora works well for both systems. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, novakai said:

Megaboss on Goregrunta

TBF more mounted heroes in general in AoS since

a. GW mounted heroes are some of the coolest sculpt 

b. Foot heroes often have a hard time keeping up with your mobile offensive units so it nice to have a unit that can keep up and buff them

c. There not that many small mounted mages in the game either so it’s a design space that GW can really go into.

Agree on the mounted heroes. Some of the best characters GW do are on those larger cavalry bases (90mm oval?)

On 3/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, Aeryenn said:

Nop, never!
I would rather stop playing the game in total then having to see the skaven being ripped apart again.

Gw tried it, it didn’t work, the end........

...unless of course skaventide becomes a grand allegiance on it’s own right, and each clan gets the possibility to take clanrats, stormvermins and Clawlords as a generic part of their force.

they never were considered to be chaos anyways.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, Aeryenn said:

So basically dark elves

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nop, never!
I would rather stop playing the game in total then having to see the skaven being ripped apart again.

...unless of course skaventide becomes a grand allegiance on it’s own right, and each clan gets the possibility to take clanrats, stormvermins and Clawlords as a generic part of their force.

they never were considered to be chaos anyways.

So basically dark elves

What NEW units would you like to see added mate-friend!!

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What NEW units would you like to see added mate-friend!!

Oh right sorry, I lost myself a bit.

do old models reupdated count as new, if not I guess, I would like to see  Something of a combat unit for clans eshin, like for example deathrunners just like in total war... , added.

considering how skaven are working most of the time together (selling buying stuff from other clans, having newish weapons thanks to almost trustworthy pacts) I think adding something like a clawlord on bone breaker ratogre would be great to see, and of course such a mighty warlord would also need a ton of Stormvermin riding ratogres as their bodyguard as well.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Oh right sorry, I lost myself a bit.

do old models reupdated count as new, if not I guess, I would like to see  Something of a combat unit for clans eshin, like for example deathrunners just like in total war... , added.

considering how skaven are working most of the time together (selling buying stuff from other clans, having newish weapons thanks to almost trustworthy pacts) I think adding something like a clawlord on bone breaker ratogre would be great to see, and of course such a mighty warlord would also need a ton of Stormvermin riding ratogres as their bodyguard as well.

Of course updated units count mate!! I'm sure there are more than enough in Skaven that need updating.

Stormvermin riding Rat Ogors...dont make a man dream!!

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nop, never!

I'm afraid this way Skaven won't see any new figures at all. The unit pool is so vast both in terms of count and design that it stops need for more. One new hero once in a while and that's it.

Skaven may have common battletome but if each clan had their own allegiance... Like Space Marines in 40k, there are several stormhosts with their own rules. 

I just think that each clan taken individually has more chances to grow than one great faction with no clear direction.

• LOVE IT! 1

Order 

Plastic kits, some love to other factions. Not much more to say here that others haven't covered 

Chaos

Slaneesh got beautiful mortals; nurgle and tzeentch deserve that too. The options for both are pretty slim. I think bringing in chaos warriors is my least favorite part of this faction, because any mortal unit that doesn't compare favorably to chaos warriors with synergy and stats means you're doing a disservice to your list. 

Death

OBR V2

New FEC models

New NH book 

I want a new death army, I think a werewolf/monster style army is missing from the game. Something that fights guerilla style combat, picking off units like assassins. I could go down a rabbit hole on this but I think a monster mash style army would make for an interesting army. (before anyone says werewolves are undead. yeah I know, sue me I just can't divorce them from classic movie tropes and undead media)

Destruction 

This needs a lot of help

A new big tent faction for destruction, made up of human barbarians. A brand of humanity so violent and hell bent on annihilation that destruction has to accept them. 

Chaos shouldn't get all the mortals. I like the Mongolian esthetics that some of the units have in cursed city, but just as inspiration. 

I think this faction should/could also include a line of mutants who have been blessed by a God beast. That way you have mortal heroes who rise up to prominence. And this is purely esthetic, but the whole army should have axes/ flails/ warhammers

@Skreech Verminking
Would you prefer GW to do skaven redesigns Clan by Clan, or dabbling a bit in all of them, for each wave?

If you were to ask me, I'd probably say Clan by Clan, probably starting with Eshin: ninjas aren't really my thing, but they are in dire need of an update (more so than a lot of the other clans), plus there's less thematic overlap with other factions

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

@Skreech Verminking
Would you prefer GW to do skaven redesigns Clan by Clan, or dabbling a bit in all of them, for each wave?

If you were to ask me, I'd probably say Clan by Clan, probably starting with Eshin: ninjas aren't really my thing, but they are in dire need of an update (more so than a lot of the other clans), plus there's less thematic overlap with other factions

Clan by Clan, kinda like what they're doing with Chaos at the moment.

46 minutes ago, jeremym said:

Order 

Plastic kits, some love to other factions. Not much more to say here that others haven't covered 

Chaos

Slaneesh got beautiful mortals; nurgle and tzeentch deserve that too. The options for both are pretty slim. I think bringing in chaos warriors is my least favorite part of this faction, because any mortal unit that doesn't compare favorably to chaos warriors with synergy and stats means you're doing a disservice to your list. 

Death

OBR V2

New FEC models

New NH book 

I want a new death army, I think a werewolf/monster style army is missing from the game. Something that fights guerilla style combat, picking off units like assassins. I could go down a rabbit hole on this but I think a monster mash style army would make for an interesting army. (before anyone says werewolves are undead. yeah I know, sue me I just can't divorce them from classic movie tropes and undead media)

Destruction 

This needs a lot of help

A new big tent faction for destruction, made up of human barbarians. A brand of humanity so violent and hell bent on annihilation that destruction has to accept them. 

Chaos shouldn't get all the mortals. I like the Mongolian esthetics that some of the units have in cursed city, but just as inspiration. 

I think this faction should/could also include a line of mutants who have been blessed by a God beast. That way you have mortal heroes who rise up to prominence. And this is purely esthetic, but the whole army should have axes/ flails/ warhammers

I do think that there should be a Human Destruction Faction. There are countless tribes out there existing still, a lot of them in Ghur and to have them be covered in Animal skins/hide and leather would be great. They would just have to make them visually distinctive from Chaos Marauders. 

• Like 1