Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Jaskier said:

That got me thinking about the Alarith Mountain Spirit; we know Avalenor is a named character, but do we think the generic version will be both a hero and monster (like a Treelord Ancient) or just a monster (like a Ghorgon)? Could be another reason we haven't seen too many generic heroes yet. 

I'm taking for granted that the Alarith Mountain Spirit is a generic hero. But that still only leaves us with two (mountain spirit and stone mage). Even armies with very few choices (Idoneth and Sylvaneth for example) have at least 4-5 generic hero choices so it would be surprising if we end up with fewer than that.

Edited by Falkman

16 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

They seem to be something like that. You probably mean this quote here, right (from Lowdown 2)? 

Thats the one. Yeah want to see more as well kind of hoping they have more generic mages then the martial focused heros can be "the Light"and all the wardens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Theres a non-zero chance that the Light of Eltharion is a generic hero too. After all he was referred to as a "shard of light" and is in the suped up start collecting box.

I don’t know... with how they do characters like the spirit of Durthu and the Eidolon I would think he may be generic. We’ll see eventually, but I am a bit excited to see.

if he is the only generic fighting guy we got, then I think I will customize my own guy as a proxy just for fluff, as I said before.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I don’t know... with how they do characters like the spirit of Durthu and the Eidolon I would think he may be generic. We’ll see eventually, but I am a bit excited to see.

if he is the only generic fighting guy we got, then I think I will customize my own guy as a proxy just for fluff, as I said before.

I think we are saying the same thing. I was raising the possibility that he could be generic.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Theres a non-zero chance that the Light of Eltharion is a generic hero too. After all he was referred to as a "shard of light" and is in the suped up start collecting box.

That was a thought I had as well a while back, so I poured over all the articles where they mention him/it and they sadly seem to point towards the Light being a special character.

"In the world-that-was, Eltharion of Yvresse was the perfect blend between supernal warrior and mage. As such, the spirit that endured stands in the divide between the martial Tyrionic and enlightened Teclian halves of Lumineth society."

"Of the two blades he wields, one is dedicated to each of the twin gods. His longer sword displays a fiery rune running the length of its blade, and he has a matching scabbard bearing the rune of the sun spirit. By contrast, his short sword and scabbard bear the mark of Teclis. Even the kneepads of his spirit-animated armour show the dual symbols of the Hyshian gods."

I bolded the relevant parts but basically all the text refers to a single specific person, not to the Light being several beings.

Wasn't it like that with the idoneth, where they teased Lotan way ahead, then later came around with one post revealing all of the generic support heroes at once (except the king ) ?

I'm really curious how those stats will work out. Being a mage and a fighter i'll suspect he won't be stellar at either or pretty heavy in points. I hope the latter to make him all kinds of awesome, but i'm kind of a pessimist these days... ^^

It depends - Arch-Regent is quite nice comparison, if Eltharion is around 180-200 and 2lvl wizard, with 6W and 3+ save/5++ FnP (for example) and like 6-7 3+,3+,-1 1dmg attacks he would be quite nice as he can blast spells without being too exposed and then can clear some stuff like Khinerai. 

5 hours ago, Sleepers said:

Archregent is 240 and summons 200 points minimum to the table. On his own though not very strong in combat. He is decent at casting spells though. I hope Eltharion is more combat focused than magic focused tbh.

Honestly I hope they get rid of stuff like that soon. nothing like playing a game of 2,000 points versus 2,500 points... I know it was unpopular, but I liked in AoS 1 where you had to pay points for summoning. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Honestly I hope they get rid of stuff like that soon. nothing like playing a game of 2,000 points versus 2,500 points... I know it was unpopular, but I liked in AoS 1 where you had to pay points for summoning. 

It’s not always so cut and dried to be fair. The Archregent has to have a command point used or be next to the terrain feature.  Obviously also vulnerable to early sniping as well. 

However I do agree some armies are in a bad space  now with being too efficient with summoning DoT and slaanesh in particular. However the old way was also pretty useless a middle ground needs to be found better for all armies. 

I don’t think anyone complains about khorne bloodtithe for instance. Just limiting to one summon per turn would instantly make most of the over summoning issues go away. 

42 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

The Community Team just mentioned that tomorrow will be last such preview in April. 

Hopefully they finally show us the rest of range for this release. 

Tomorrow? Do you live in Australia? 😜

How big are adepticon previews usually? They have already shown the mountain spirit, hammerbros and special edition starter box, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is nothing more at all shown in this third preview. What we have already seen seems more than enough for what was originally planned to be a single weekend.

Edited by Falkman
  • Haha 1

I'm too scared to hope... 

Scenario A: They show us the veiled lady, possible generic hero and that will be the entire range.

Scenario B: They dump a load more models in our lap including generic hero, Tyrion, second elemental sub-culture elite etc.

Scenario C: They show us Endless Spells and Terrain Piece 

I still have my fingers crossed for Scenario B since they have done an awful lot of teasing for what may end up being one of the smallest factions in AOS. However, I think that if they know the lockdown means we don't actually get to buy the models until end of May/early June or even later, they may drip-feed tiny reveals every week until then, in which case I will lose my mind and be submitted to a psychiatric institute.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

At this point I‘ve no hope at all tbh ^^
The models Designs are not my cup of tea and I no longer think that that‘ll change concerning the Lumineth range.

I am interested in Warcry and 40K though!

Kinda questioning why you're haunting this faction's discussion board when that's all your saying, but eh, what can ya do.

I'm hopeful for more, but I remain guarded, for what it's worth for everyone else. I don't think complaining about what we have already seen any more is going to help us kill time anymore. Lord knows they could have managed to keep excitement up in different ways, but I remain a fanboy hopeful that more stuff is going to be shown and it's going to be fun.

Edit: I don't hope to sound too mean, but it brings down a lot of conversation when all someone adds is "i got no hope". What would someone say to that? 

excellent work on shapeways, though.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Thanks 1

I'm very excited for this army, but GW pussyfooting around whether Tyrion will show or not and the uncertainty of anything after the veiled lady do kill the hype.  Hopefully there are some more interesting elite units + some killy hero characters unless this army is like Bonereaers with mostly mages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m just sitting back and enjoying what I’m given at this stage. We know we won’t be able to buy anything for months yet in a best case scenario, so whether they show it all or continue to drip feed, I’m happy. Have to play the waiting game either way.

That being said, I am so excited to actually get my hands on these models haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Kinda questioning why you're haunting this faction's discussion board when that's all your saying, but eh, what can ya do.

I'm hopeful for more, but I remain guarded, for what it's worth for everyone else. I don't think complaining about what we have already seen any more is going to help us kill time anymore. Lord knows they could have managed to keep excitement up in different ways, but I remain a fanboy hopeful that more stuff is going to be shown and it's going to be fun.

Edit: I don't hope to sound too mean, but it brings down a lot of conversation when all someone adds is "i got no hope". What would someone say to that? 

excellent work on shapeways, though.

I concur with all the points above, adding that honestly I like the slow reveals as they give me something to look forward too.

• Like 1

I figure a new army is going to have what? 15-20 Units? OBR has I think 18 + terrain and spells. And some are dual kits, so like 16-17ish total kits.

How many more do we need to get there? Got the spear-pokers, archers, cow-helmets (dual or weapon option), horses, big cow (dual kit), empty guy, mage, veilgirl, god duo.

So either we've seen about half or its a tiny faction.

My bets are a hero or two, a bolt-thrower-like, something kind of monster/rider that flys.

Edited by rbstr