Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

9 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

said this a few times already: Nurgle winning is the convention going ahead anyway--to increase transmission vectors and infect more people

Well yea, that's nurgle winning the world instead of just adepticon. right now he just won a tournament.

16 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

As a true member of the Lumineth, and a reborn soul of the Asur, I have fortified our home with blocks of purest aetherquartz toilet paper, held together with sun-infused peroxide and moon-infused witch hazel!

Don't forget to wipe widdershins!

• Haha 1

Those poor Stonemages, after they come home three hours of wiping ... I guess though Teclis would be ready to have magic purifying light-shower, Hysh should be ok. It must be the home of AoS Purell. 

Speaking of  monsters/behemoths, they must give us the Phoenix-dragon that they showed on the Dawnrider flag. They can’t just tease something like that, and then not follow up with something awesome. So many people fell in love with the HE because of their awesome monsters. Same for me, I always loved high elves, but when I saw that Warhammer comes out with high elves on dragons pure 🥰😍 . Same thing later then later with the phoenixes. If you look at the Total War game, again, everyone loves the dragons/phoenixes.

A Phoenix-dragon would also fit really well with AoS it’s something totally new,  fantastic and distinctive for the faction. 

• Like 1

So that leads me to ask, what do we really know about the Ur-Phoenix?  Is it a god beast?  And what is it exactly compared to regular phoenixes?  Because honestly, with Celennar being the Moon Spirit of Hysh, and Tyrion most likely being tied to the Sun Spirit, I think the Ur-Phoenix is a likely canidate for the "dragon-phoenix."

Agreed, if they really do that, there is likely some kind of connection between the sun spirit and the Ur-Phoenix. Maybe it’s the “living embodiment” of it, in he same way Celennar is of the moon spirit. Although the Ur-Phoenix seems much more powerful, because it’s a godbeast. Maybe it’s one if its strongest children or something like that? 

All that I know of the Ur-Phoenix comes from the CoS BT. And it’s not much: 

- it’s a magical godbeast symbolizing fire and rebirth

- the Flamespyre and Frostheart phoenixes are its rare children

- Its smoldering ashes are located in the Pyre of the Phoenix, a crystalized valley within Hysh

- To become an Anointed you have to go to Pyre of the Phoenix to meditate for many years

- the Phoenix Temple is a warrior conclave dedicated to the Ur-Phoenix

- The Phoenicium in Ghyran is the centre of the Phoenix Temple’s power in the Mortal Realms, And the holy city of Ur-Phoenix. 

Everything but the last one hints of some kind of relationship between the Lumineth and the Phoenix Temple/Ur-Phoenix. But I find it intriguing that they put the Ur-Phoenix into Hysh and not Aqshy. 

Not sure if there is anything else in a book or short story somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don’t want to ramble on too much about this (wall of text incoming), but there might be a similar yet a bit different interpretation: Tyrion is the sun spirit. 

The whole Hysh spirits story is a bit confusing. They always talk about “the 4 geomantic spirits” (zenith, river, mountain and wind). But then there is Celennar, the moon spirit. He is different from the other 4 because he has his own rune (neck piece) which is different from the 4 geomantic runes. And it’s also not a former High Elf rune. We could see it in the exemplar lowdown this week. 

In the same article we can also see Teclis own rune on his chest, which looks very similar to the old High Elf rune “Avalu” (Fortitude, and also Vaul). And further down when they talk about Eltharion, it says that he has the “rune of the sun spirit” on his scabbard. Which is the former “Asur” rune symbolizing rebirth and lordship (and also Asuryan). We can see both of those runes next to each other on the Gama video (SS below)

Now this “sun spirit” rune is a former High Elf rune, not something new like the other geomantic spirits or Celennar’s runes. 

Maybe that was just a mistake, and they wanted to write Tyrion (the next sentence says the other scabbard shows “the mark of Teclis”). 

That still would leave the question how or if the sun & moon spirits are connected to the four geomantic spirits. Are they twin spirits and form zenith together (zenith is also in a bit of a different category compared to the other 3)? Or are there just a whole bunch of spirits? 

B4F1DB49-05D7-4BD8-96EF-09C331B816E8.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
Screenshot
  • Like 1

@LuminethMage That's an interesting thought, but I'm not sure he is the Sun Spirit, since he's the God of Light.  In much the same way that Teclis is partners with Celennar, I think Tyrion would be partners with the Sun Spirit.

Heh, this whole line of thought is awesome to think about, but fustrating at the same time!  We still know so very little about the Lumineth, and we're still at least a week out from any possible new information.  And that's assuming GW takes pity on us and gives us another Lumineth Lowdown article.

Must.  Hold.  On.  To.  Patience!  😤

• Like 1

Yes, I totally agree, I also don't think he is the sun spirit, just going down the path on how they depicted the runes so far somewhat logically and you can come to that conclusion. I think it's much more likely that Tyrion just has the sun spirit as his companion in the same way Teclis has the moon spirit, and maybe there is some kind of connection between the Ur-Phoenix and the sun spirit. 

It get's a bit frustrating now yeah, even for me, it's getting long.... . 

It looks like GW is expecting us Lumineth fans to be indulging in aetherquartz and all zen like .... . 🈚 

What Kaladreon said. Just adding to that: You had a quite a lot of options with them (within the relative strict Warhammer Fantasy rules). They also had relative high morale and were pretty much an army that did what you wanted them to do when you wanted them to do it. You could focus on one thing (like cavalry) or play in a combined arms style. They also had lots of flying options. 

From what it looks like so far, they try to give the Luminith a similar playstyle where you have something to do in all the combat phases (if you want to). 

• Like 1

They were also a very finesse based and tactical army.  They lacked a lot if high strength attacks, but made up for it with higher movement and an army wide strikes first ability.  They were very much about applying force exactly where you needed to when you needed to.  They also had possibly the best light cavalry in the game.  Backing this up with awesome magic, they were one of the powerhouses of WHFB toward the end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

They were also a very finesse based and tactical army.  They lacked a lot if high strength attacks, but made up for it with higher movement and an army wide strikes first ability.  They were very much about applying force exactly where you needed to when you needed to.  They also had possibly the best light cavalry in the game.  Backing this up with awesome magic, they were one of the powerhouses of WHFB toward the end.

Powerhouse: Phoenix guard deathstar with min. S5, rerolling hits and the Banner of utter cheese which made them immortal.

High Elves were no finesse army at all, they were simply better at everything compared to everyone else, a real nobrainer army really.

I hope lumineth will actually be a finesse army. =}

• Like 1

Heh, that was the final form of the cheese build.  You know what you took if you didn't want to field that?  A Star Dragon Prince with the Giant Blade to give youself Strength 7.  Hit like a freight train, and your opponent had a chance to shoot it off the table.  Besides, I played through the dark days of 6th edition as well.  6th made you earn every victory with High Elves through blood and tears, since everything died to a soft breeze.

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Powerhouse: Phoenix guard deathstar with min. S5, rerolling hits and the Banner of utter cheese which made them immortal.

High Elves were no finesse army at all, they were simply better at everything compared to everyone else, a real nobrainer army really.

I hope lumineth will actually be a finesse army. =}

Phoenix guard were S3 with Halberds, so S4.

And noone who won with high elves took big blocks of phoenix guard. You either took White lions or the Silverhelm/Dragon prince bus.

And HE were deferentially not immortal. Banner of the world dragon worked on 1 unit, and they were not an S tier army, maybe A- at best. 

19 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

And HE were deferentially not immortal. Banner of the world dragon worked on 1 unit, and they were not an S tier army, maybe A- at best. 

Which does not speak for the game if there was even bigger cheese around.

yet my point stands. HE were as far from a finesse army as any army could be.

And now back to Lumineth.

On another level..... 

I understand that Lumineth Realm Lords, in a previous incarnation were devoured by Slanesh and resided, ahem, down-under for a while.....? 

Since then, Teclis  has re-formed, re-moulded, re-shaped these souls into forms mist pleasing to him akin to the High Elves of okd.... 

My point, or enquiry, if you will, is how much (if any,) do you feel this unholy legacy will affect the LRL's in both ordinary existence and in battle....? 

Even if its only residual, will they still be affected by the presence of Chaos, especially Slaneshi magic, will they still feel 'a pull' in the presence of a Slaneshi Greater Demon.....? 

Id love to know what you think and how this will affect their 'Lore'.....? 

According to what they've said so far, the Lumineth are the ones that they've been able to purify the most.  The aetherquartz is a further safeguard, almost like the Soul Stones of the Aeldari in 40k.  The quartz drains emotion, leaving their owner's soul unpalatable to Slaanesh.  The long term use of the quartz has been said to leave it's user almost completely emotionless.  That's about all we know so far.

• Like 1

Soooo I'm just a little bit hyped for the Lumineth and I tried out a potential paint scheme, might try some fire, sun effect on the weapons. The shadow warriors base is just a proof of concept test for a potential basing scheme. Please tell me what you think :)

20200316_170649.jpg

20200316_170654.jpg

20200316_074040.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2