Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Not super likely because they announced that Dark Eldar and the DE + Sisters box can be pre-ordered on the 20th. But maybe the preorder announcement on the 20th? If they go back to weekly releases. Otherwise maybe on the 27th. I hope at least he announcement will be still within March. 

It’s really hard to say right now, their Instagram channel behaves as if BR Teclis already has dropped, and we get painting guides, but otherwise zero info since two weeks now. And they have done a lot of marketing for Cursed City. 🤷‍♂️

So, chances are they've gotten a little behind on releases over here thanks to the lockdown, but a company like GW will have their marketing diary planned months in advance. With social media, consistency of posting is exceptionally important for metrics, so it's likely we're seeing what should have potentially been posted in the leadup to preorder. It wouldn't be out of place to speculate that things may be about 2-3 weeks behind currently.

57 minutes ago, Caladrath said:

So, chances are they've gotten a little behind on releases over here thanks to the lockdown, but a company like GW will have their marketing diary planned months in advance. With social media, consistency of posting is exceptionally important for metrics, so it's likely we're seeing what should have potentially been posted in the leadup to preorder. It wouldn't be out of place to speculate that things may be about 2-3 weeks behind currently.

I have a feeling that these delays are more due to Brexit than lockdown.  The new proceedures for exporting to the EU are beginning to bite, and I expect exports to other countries have had to change as The UK is no longer exporting from the EU.  Given GW want to make each release simultaneous worldwide, it's no wonder things are delayed.  I don't see these issues being resolved any time soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I have a feeling that these delays are more due to Brexit than lockdown.  The new proceedures for exporting to the EU are beginning to bite, and I expect exports to other countries have had to change as The UK is no longer exporting from the EU.  Given GW want to make each release simultaneous worldwide, it's no wonder things are delayed.  I don't see these issues being resolved any time soon.

I also think that is the major problem. I've heard plenty of reports about there being trouble getting things out and in from the UK since the start of 2021. 
I thought after years of negotiations, people, companies, and laws would be ready by now.

But to be honest, I'm not in a big rush to get the new stuff. I've built everything, but I don't think that I will be done with the painting before next year. 

I guess we should be grateful for knowing what's ont he horizon for the army!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

But to be honest, I'm not in a big rush to get the new stuff. I've built everything, but I don't think that I will be done with the painting before next year. 

I'm not in a big rush either - currently working on my second unit of Sentinels with 10 more Wardens to follow.  That will cover my battleline.  I must admit, though, that I am itching to find out how the storyline develops in Broken Realms: Teclis, so I hope it's not too far away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I also think that is the major problem. I've heard plenty of reports about there being trouble getting things out and in from the UK since the start of 2021. 
I thought after years of negotiations, people, companies, and laws would be ready by now.

I guess we should be grateful for knowing what's ont he horizon for the army!

I saw it reported a while ago, that under the conditions of EU membership, the UK weren’t even allowed to work out trade agreements until they’d actually left the EU. If that’s true then it certainly complicated everything for them

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I saw it reported a while ago, that under the conditions of EU membership, the UK weren’t even allowed to work out trade agreements until they’d actually left the EU. If that’s true then it certainly complicated everything for them

Considering the UK left the EU in January 2020 but  kept acces to the EU market until 2021 i can't imagine that is a correct statement. And while EU membership doesn't allow individual bilateral trade agreements while having access to the market, preparations and negotiations for such agreements are not restricted by EU mebership. They just can't take effect before leaving.  Customs facilities on the borders UK side are on the other hand still not properly built/ equpped today. Go figure how bad the EU treats the poor brits...

Politics aside, a lot of GW products are produced in china, be it a part of brexit or not i'd guess local differences in pandemic management would set up international delivery. Add to that that GW facilities were affected by lockdowns during the last year, just a month of hickups is actually a pretty good showing.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, whispersofblood said:

I wanted my colours to all be quite bright so I went with white. But, there is much less room to cheat with a white basecoat and you have to create all the contrast. 

If you have the option mechanicus spray is a pretty good all round choice.

Well you can start with a black primer and then use white a bit more than a zenithal highlight on them. That way you get the darkest color in the deepest recesses and vibrant colors everywhere else. White ink works best for this, but white paint is fine if you only have cans available to you. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, Lucur said:

a lot of GW products are produced in china, be it a part of brexit or not i'd guess local differences in pandemic management would set up international delivery. Add to that that GW facilities were affected by lockdowns during the last year, just a month of hickups is actually a pretty good showing.

It should also be noted that the world's biggest manufacturer of cargo containers hasn't been producing any for a while. At the moment, the cost of a single cargo container has almost quadrupled.

Given that GW has to ship its product out of China, this can't be making things any easier.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

From GHB20 (July) to Feb

I think an own is great, especially if you continue to update. We don’t have much competitive discussions on our forum here. So might be good to have it all in one place? Like “Competitive Data & List Building” or something like that. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:33 PM, ssetr said:

I've lurked this forum for years, but must break my self-imposed lurking to ask: WHAT is that gold formula? It is beautiful. I love the scheme you have here. I feel like you incorporated a lot of themes relating to pale blue starlight in the snow, it's wonderful. You single-handedly got me interested in this model range.

Wow. Yikes. Jesus, what a compliment! Thank you SO much!

ok, the recipe for the armor is actually not that hard to,do at all, but an airbrush makes it a lot easier. First prime the model black, and then basically réprime it green (I use molotow green). Then spray on the gold in zenithals, I used three shades of scale 75, going from necro gold all the way up to citrine. Just make sure that the original colour is still poking out in the recesses. And then your basically done! I do a very basic edge highlight of the shoulders, helmet and shield with citrine, and then a spot highlight of silver on some random corners. To finish I take some cheap oil paint, mix it with white spirit and then use it to line the recesses.

Thanks again for the huge compliment!

I had a thought the other day that as the new terrain piece is floating, perhaps it might have movement in-game (under the control of one of the new heroes?).  Would mobile terrain be a possibility do you think or would it be a step too far? Pure speculation, of course.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I had a thought the other day that as the new terrain piece is floating, perhaps it might have movement in-game (under the control of one of the new heroes?).  Would mobile terrain be a possibility do you think or would it be a step too far? Pure speculation, of course.

Would be very cool ! but maybe overpowered if you have to opportunity to place an indestructible peace of scenery in front of big blobs of enemy at will ? 

From what we know a caster will have to be placed on top and will likely benefit from bonuses linked to the magic phase (maybe + 1 to cast ? opportunity to cast bound spell ? More range ? Access to all the lores of magic ? They are many possibilities :)

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

They have done a bit more lately with terrain and objects. So it's not impossible. And we know that the Calligrave lore-wise does something with the land, eg. terrain, so it could be that ours is actually moving! I have my doubts because it's so big, but it would be cool to eventually get terrain that moves. Even it's not ours this time. 

My guesses are any/all of these:

1: Extends the Wizard’s casting and/or unbinding range.

2: Grants the knowledge of all spells in their lore(s).

3: Allows them to cast more spells in a turn.

4: Perhaps dampens and/or makes casting enemy spells harder, within an aura.

5: grants a magical aura buff to all allied units within a radius, like +1 to cast/to hit/to save/something else.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

My guesses are any/all of these:

1: Extends the Wizard’s casting and/or unbinding range.

2: Grants the knowledge of all spells in their lore(s).

3: Allows them to cast more spells in a turn.

4: Perhaps dampens and/or makes casting enemy spells harder, within an aura.

5: grants a magical aura buff to all allied units within a radius, like +1 to cast/to hit/to save/something else.

If we have a free terrain spreading +1 save aura (I would love it !!) but we are going to be hated even more and called luminex elite... XD

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I would personally say that ‘moving’ faction terrain is too powerful, but then again Sylvaneth at one point we’re able to cover the board in ‘deadly’ Wyldwoods so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad? Depends what it actually does I guess

17 hours ago, Jeremierty said:

Would be very cool ! but maybe overpowered if you have to opportunity to place an indestructible peace of scenery in front of big blobs of enemy at will ? 

Yes, may be a bit too powerful just as a blocking object, although it does have space beneath it that looks like standard infantry can pass through.  Given the melodrama acted out in some quarters already, I can't imagine the reaction if it could move.

15 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

we know that the Calligrave lore-wise does something with the land, eg. terrain, so it could be that ours is actually moving! 

It does fit with the lore, I agree, and if any faction were to get it, it seems logical for Lumineth who work so closely with the Elements.

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Depends what it actually does I guess

True; movement with short range effect or staionary with long range effect, but not both.  Perhaps you could have the option each round of either moving it or using an ability.  The OBR terrain allows you to choose one of 4 options, so not unprecedented.  Hopefully, we'll all find out soon.

Hey guys! If you don't mind me doing a small interjection...

I got myself the Lumineth battletome out of curiosity and I'm currently reading it. And I must say I... really like these guys. The whole concept, background etc. is so... awe-inspiring. I've seen people sneering at the Mountain Spirits online, calling them "battle cattle" etc., but they actually work for me. Now I'm actually curious about other Hyshian nature spirits! I know there's a Wind Spirit coming up and I think it's a good thing. I wonder if we'll see River and Light Spirits, too?

And I'm actually curious what lies beneath these creatures' masks...

Anyway! A question: could the Lumineth be used as allies in an SCE army? In their allies list, SCE have all of Order as possible allies. But... the Lumineth have only the Idoneth listed as allies. So... is it an inconsistency? Or does it simply mean that their relationship is asymetrical and while SCE armies can field some Lumineth troops, the Lumineth armies cannot field SCE troops?

Oh, and... is it possible to come up with your own Lumineth nations? You can have custom SCE warhosts.... Or is the canon list of nations closed, one nation per Hyshian continent etc.?

1 hour ago, PiotrW said:

Hey guys! If you don't mind me doing a small interjection...

I got myself the Lumineth battletome out of curiosity and I'm currently reading it. And I must say I... really like these guys. The whole concept, background etc. is so... awe-inspiring. I've seen people sneering at the Mountain Spirits online, calling them "battle cattle" etc., but they actually work for me. Now I'm actually curious about other Hyshian nature spirits! I know there's a Wind Spirit coming up and I think it's a good thing. I wonder if we'll see River and Light Spirits, too?

And I'm actually curious what lies beneath these creatures' masks...

Anyway! A question: could the Lumineth be used as allies in an SCE army? In their allies list, SCE have all of Order as possible allies. But... the Lumineth have only the Idoneth listed as allies. So... is it an inconsistency? Or does it simply mean that their relationship is asymetrical and while SCE armies can field some Lumineth troops, the Lumineth armies cannot field SCE troops?

Oh, and... is it possible to come up with your own Lumineth nations? You can have custom SCE warhosts.... Or is the canon list of nations closed, one nation per Hyshian continent etc.?

Great to hear you like them. We hope that we see the other spirits too. We might already have one Spirit of Light, Celennar : ) 

SCE can ally Lumineth, just not the other way round. It’s the same situation with the Idoneth, Lumineth can take them as allies, but not the other way round. 

Canonically there are only 8 nations, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t make your own. Not as big maybe, but all those nations are just nominally controlling all that territory, and you have the Spirefall as this event where you could easily have a splinter faction going somewhere and hiding. What’s more High Elfen than a city-state hidden in a mountain valley, Island or underground? The Lumineth novel featured a dwarf “nation” which the Lumineth weren’t aware of, but was destroyed by Hedonites during the novel. 

I suppose the Lumineth don't know everything that goes on in Hysh... They missed the Cypher Lords, for once.

One thing that bothers me a little about the Lumineth is that bit about them razing whole towns and killing innocents for the greater good. Why can't they simply be awesome and heroic elves... *small sigh*

Oh, and GW could've given them better "civilian" clothes. Out of their armour, they look like they are wearing jumpsuit ;)

Overall, though - they are pretty great, yes.

47 minutes ago, PiotrW said:

I suppose the Lumineth don't know everything that goes on in Hysh... They missed the Cypher Lords, for once.

One thing that bothers me a little about the Lumineth is that bit about them razing whole towns and killing innocents for the greater good. Why can't they simply be awesome and heroic elves... *small sigh*

Oh, and GW could've given them better "civilian" clothes. Out of their armour, they look like they are wearing jumpsuit ;)

Overall, though - they are pretty great, yes.

They aren't raising whole towns - just parts of them : ). They are pretty much normal High Elves who always had this - who cares about some human collateral damage? They die like flies anyway attitude - which partly makes sense for a long-lived species like them. If the BR Teclis hints we have seen so far are correct, you'll see more of their heroic side in the next book. But yeah, they are not just pure good, heroic elves. Warhammer generally doesn't do that, and Warhammer HE specifically always amp up their "we are the best" attitude. And Hysh also leans into that. You can always have your guys or nation be like that though. You can see for example in the book that the Zaitreci aelves have a more lenient/nice attitude against other magic users. 

The Cypher Lords likely are from Xintil which, at least until recently and maybe still largely is, under human control. 

______

And looks like our weather report for this week will be true - More Lumineth incoming this Sunday (announcement for pre-order next Saturday):

2122288805_ScreenShot2021-03-19at10_08_03.png.67a538f3ce8ae8237e653bf2ef475df5.png

They just took off all the Battletomes from their website: 

711121642_ScreenShot2021-03-19at10_07_10.png.bf404abf98a66b0903400893d8b46302.png

Not 100% guaranteed of course, but it really looks like we do not have to wait much longer until things are moving. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1